Axl's Voice For Europe

Paulywauly

AnyOne else worried that there's a 2 month break now before they hit Ireland and UK. Just as his voice seemed to be getting raspier again. I hope he maintains the voice.

That unfortunately comes with the territory with Axl. Even the early 2006 were not as good as the later shows which were fucken spectacular. 2009 he was very very rough but had the rasp from the get go. 2011 with Mickey Mouse fever and it took him til the 2012 Philly show to show significant rasp but that disappeared quickly... I would still go see them even if he had no rasp.

AnyOne else worried that there's a 2 month break now before they hit Ireland and UK. Just as his voice seemed to be getting raspier again. I hope he maintains the voice.

Nah, not worried at all. The live shows have been getting great reviews so far in 2012, I don't expect that to change now.

Edited by SoulMonster

Not really.

He'll be poor in Dublin probably, but by the 8th show (London) he'll have probably started to hit his stride so I couldn't give a fuck :thumbsup:

Im not worried,i have decided that im not buying a ticket.I like the setlist and i am a fan since 91 but Axl Rose right now for me is doing the shows,but singing really bad.And Axl Rose has a very recognize voice and unique voice,because of that voice he was one of the most amazing singers of all times,but since 2010 there is no trace of his voice.Very sad,but its true,and for those people that say is good....you are wrong,and its very clear.

Could you imagine Lemmy singing like this 80% of the setlist? Axl is doing that right now.

Im not worried,i have decided that im not buying a ticket.I like the setlist and i am a fan since 91 but Axl Rose right now for me is doing the shows,but singing really bad.And Axl Rose has a very recognize voice and unique voice,because of that voice he was one of the most amazing singers of all times,but since 2010 there is no trace of his voice.Very sad,but its true,and for those people that say is good....you are wrong,and its very clear.

Could you imagine Lemmy singing like this 80% of the setlist? Axl is doing that right now.

Have you gone to any of the recent concerts? Probably not. If you had, you'd know you can't really tell the difference if you're in the crowd. Hell, I went to RiR4. I thought he sounded normal until I got home and watched it again.

are you kidding? or just trolling?

As a person who just saw them play I can tell you that Axl sounds very good and raspy, I don't get what you think was really bad if you have heard anything from these recent gigs

Have you gone to any of the recent concerts? Probably not. If you had, you'd know you can't really tell the difference if you're in the crowd. Hell, I went to RiR4. I thought he sounded normal until I got home and watched it again.

In this case:

You probably deaf or something...

No, he makes a point. At HoB Chicago he was lower in the mix and he sounded awesome live. I got home and watched the stream and wondered wtf happened between the two mixes.

To be fair there WAS rasp at times in RiR4, I think its just the sharp contrast between those vocals and 2010 vocals which made RiR sound so poor...there were a few decent vocal moments at that show...