i can't begin to imagine the dynamic that was GNR II

tange

Tommy is on record saying that bucket thought it was the Axl and Bucket show. Meanwhile other guys in the band are hammering Paul Huge for (tommy again and dizzy) not having chops even though he cowrote some of their best songs.

I would love a documentary of that time period.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It certainly was a brilliant time for sure, if not just because of the mysterious element GN'R had back then...

It was like Guns N' Roses was an entitiy that only existed when the lights went out, and they appeared onstage. There were next to zero interviews, media, Axl sightings or anything related to GN'R in that manner. It was all so secretive...

For example, I would love to know how Buckethead conducted himself backstage, in relation to the band. I would love to know alot about this time period......

I know one thing for sure, this time period solidified GN'R's legendary status... because it made them so much more than an average rock band... it almost made them mythical.

Edited by One.In.A.Million

What Dizzy said about Paul Tobias? From what I can remember, Tommy only said "some guys" didn't knew how to make a record, and that's pretty much nothing like saying "not having chops".

Also, one thing is for sure: as soon as a member leaves the band, Tommy is always dissing him in some way. He did the same with Bucket and Robin.

I think the making of this record could be as interesting as the album itself. Just imagine the sessions when Bucket came up with TWAT solo and blew everyone's mind in the studio.

There should be a big some kind of monster-like documentary about this period. I personally think it'd sell well for a dvd. I can't imagine buckethead chatting with the other members and all.... must've been really strange.

What Dizzy said about Paul Tobias? From what I can remember, Tommy only said "some guys" didn't knew how to make a record, and that's pretty much nothing like saying "not having chops".

Also, one thing is for sure: as soon as a member leaves the band, Tommy is always dissing him in some way. He did the same with Bucket and Robin.

I think the making of this record could be as interesting as the album itself. Just imagine the sessions when Bucket came up with TWAT solo and blew everyone's mind in the studio.

Sure thing...

And this is what made GN'R special... what other band had a guitarist like Buckethead who demanded a chicken coop be built in the studio?, I mean honestly, you couldn't write this stuff. :rofl-lol:

But that's what made this band so real, is that they all were so extreme in their own way, when they came together everything was magical and exceptional. Brain and Bucket create some amazing stuff on their own, let alone adding Robin, Tommy, Tobias, Dizzy, Chris and ultimately Axl to the mix. And I also want to mention how much of a special relationship Robin and Bucket created, they were quite similar really, in their own outward, unique outlook to life..... and they brought that across in their image.

This band created MEGA music, which hopefully we are still going to hear. And to think some fans want Axl to scrap all of that to have DJ, write some mediocre Sixx AM sounding average songs.

NO thank you......give me the masterpieces from 1998-2004. rock1

Sure thing...

And this is what made GN'R special... what other band had a guitarist like Buckethead who demanded a chicken coop be built in the studio?, I mean honestly, you couldn't write this stuff. :rofl-lol:

But that's what made this band so real, is that they all were so extreme in their own way, when they came together everything was magical and exceptional. Brain and Bucket create some amazing stuff on their own, let alone adding Robin, Tommy, Tobias, Dizzy, Chris and ultimately Axl to the mix. And I also want to mention how much of a special relationship Robin and Bucket created, they were quite similar really, in their own outward, unique outlook to life..... and they brought that across in their image.

This band created MEGA music, which hopefully we are still going to hear. And to think some fans want Axl to scrap all of that to have DJ, write some mediocre Sixx AM sounding average songs.

I don't want to start a debate here but you guys are really being unfair to Ashba.

Hyper shredding solos rock1

Just because most of the past members can't keep with bucket skill, it doesn't mean they suck or it don't fit gn'r.

We don't need another Hard rock album with the old formula, you got 1000 albuns from acdc to listen hard rock.

We need another epic album like Chinese!

Hyper shredding solos rock1

Just because most of the past members can't keep with bucket skill, it doesn't mean they suck or it don't fit gn'r.

We don't need another Hard rock album with the old formula, you got 1000 albuns from acdc to listen hard rock.

We need another epic album like Chinese!

I agree. I mean, if it was to have the old hard rock sound back, Id rather have a reunion. What I really would like is a more agressive and futuristic sound, like what people said about Chinese back in early 2000's ("led zeppeling meets nine inch nails").

I know one thing for sure, this time period solidified GN'R's legendary status... because it made them so much more than an average rock band... it almost made them mythical.

Only because they had just formed with a freak show ensemble. They had no record to promote, Axl's voice sounded ridiculous

and they couldn't finish a tour. It was like watching a train wreck. You don't want to watch but you just cannot stop looking.

Edited by 31illusion

Only because they had just formed with a freak show ensemble. They had no record to promote, Axl's voice sounded ridiculous

and they couldn't finish a tour. It was like watching a train wreck. You don't want to watch but you just cannot stop looking.

i dont think it was a train wreck, it was magic !!!

everyone i knew back then came to see the band at leeds and london docklands because they were interesting and buckethead/finck were big crowd pullers!

i asked the same friends if they wanted to go see GN'R this year and they said "are buckethead and finck still in the band" i said "no" they said " not interested" !!!

so im going alone lol

Sure thing...

I don't want to start a debate here but you guys are really being unfair to Ashba.

This, plus, nobody said they won't release the older stuff just because DJ is on the band.

New GNR was the Axl and Bucket show as far as I'm concerned. I don't give a fuck about ever hearing a new album written by the current touring lineup. I'd fire the whole band today if it meant that Buckethead would come back.

Edited by ITW 2012

New GNR was the Axl and Bucket show as far as I'm concerned. I don't give a fuck about ever hearing a new album written by the current touring lineup. I'd fire the whole band today if it meant that Buckethead would come back.

This ^^^^^^^