Imagine the intensity...

Lim

A lot of people understand slash and duffs point of view because theyve made their autobiographies, and people know about the things axl did wrong, but axls always been the one to blame for all of it. But consider the intensity of Axl Rose publishing his own autobiography, explaining everything other band mates did to him. It would obvioulsy be an incredibly controversial book, because it would probably not only shed light on stories people don't know, but it will shine the light on what Slash and duff and the others did to screw over the band as well. It would obviously have a few statements insulting the band, causing an incredible amount of controversy. It would - if he wrote it right - make him look like less of a bad guy if he explains the stories of other bandmates doing wrong, as well as obvioulsy making him still look like a jackass because we all know he'll speak his mind in a very vulgar manner.

It was something i considered because i was watching a video of axl talking about how slash wouldnt play estranged and stuff. But i don't mean to hate any of the old band members or anything. Just thought it was an interesting topic

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to hear Axl's part of the story told by the man himself in full transparency: no lawyer talk, no measuring words to make sure he won't get sued, no avoiding certain matters, just saying what the fuck made him do what he did and what the fuck made him hate Slash's guts so much. Concrete facts, situations, conversations, not the usual impossible-to-comprehend Axl stuff. If he's really telling the truth about it all, I'd like to listen to it, y'know? I don't think he'll ever do it though...

I just want to hear Axl's part of the story told by the man himself in full transparency: no lawyer talk, no measuring words to make sure he won't get sued, no avoiding certain matters, just saying what the fuck made him do what he did and what the fuck made him hate Slash's guts so much. Concrete facts, situations, conversations, not the usual impossible-to-comprehend Axl stuff. If he's really telling the truth about it all, I'd like to listen to it, y'know? I don't think he'll ever do it though...

I think he actually remembers everything or at least the most important conversations/arguments. Since Slash and Duff were too fucked up on drugs, I think Axl would be the one telling straightforward word-by-word what really happened.

I remember an interview with Izzy (found it)...

"Then, I don't know, probably a month later, one night he calls me [and] we got into the issue of me leaving Guns N' Roses. I told him how it was on my side. Told him exactly how I felt about it and why I left. And man, that's the last time I've talked to the guy! But, I mean he had a fucking notepad. I could hear him [turning the pages] going, 'Well, ah, you said in 1982... blah, blah, blah...' And I'm like, what the fuck - 1982? He was bringing up a lot of really weird old shit. I'm like, whatever, man. But that's the last time I talked to him."

To me this is a clear example that Axl has something to say, something really big but I'm pretty sure he will never release it. Sad for us, good for him and specially Slash and Duff. :shrugs:

Axls autobiography would b huge, and it would certainly sell more copies than his last album. He would make a ton on it.. id b more interested in reading the axl rose autobiography than anything. Even ppl who hate axl and the idea of the new band would want to hear his point of view.

It'd b awesome to get his account of how/why the old band deteriorated as well as the creation of chinese democracy. It would answer so many of our questions and after the books out for two days, there would b two pages of new topics in the main page of the forum.

Edited by drtydane

Axls autobiography would b huge, and it would certainly sell more copies than his last album. He would make a ton on it.. id b more interested in reading the axl rose autobiography than anything. Even ppl who hate axl and the idea of the new band would want to hear his point of view.

It'd b awesome to get his account of how/why the old band deteriorated as well as the creation of chinese democracy. It would answer so many of our questions and after the books out for two days, there would b two pages of new topics in the main page of the forum.

And he'll write it in the style of your posting.

I can see him doing it at a time when he wants to look back on his entire life.

I think a "making of Chinese Democracy" is a whole other situation - maybe if Axl does another Rolling Stone interview, they can have everyone who participated in it take part in it as a separate article. We also have no idea if he had video running during the sessions, I doubt it but there's prob. photos.

He'd prob. be better off producing it, and hiring someone to put a documentary mixed in with live performances of the songs. When he did the chats, he seemed like he wanted to talk about the songs, but it would be interesting now to hear him do a breakdown of the songs, now that everyone's familiar with it, and have their own take on what the songs are about to them. Just start the story at "Sympathy for the Devil" and end it with this current tour.

He hope he does one where he just tells funny stories and drinking benders he went on with Baz. kind of skip all the heavy politics stuff a do something life affirming like Dave's Crazy from the Heat.

It would definately keep some people hopping,trying to overanalyze each sentence,decode/decifer/make the Davinci code and the Zodiac code look like Dr.Seuss.

the problem being, that everybody has heard Slashs side of the story a million times, now they just believe it, i remember just after Axl came on here and chatted with us.

I was having a conversation about GnR with a guy at work and he was saying how axl had refused to go on stage one night unless they signed the rights over, I tried to explain that was blackmail and that representatives of the band would have taken Axl to court over that, i even cited what axl had said in the chats.

and he was just like.

"Nah man, everyone knows that's what happened"

When DLR left Van Halen he didn't say a word about his former bandmates for ages and everyone thought he was polite for doing it and they were scum Axl and slash do it and its the other way around

Prob will be moved to "original" section unless you edit and include stuff post original members have done to piss Axl off. Right?

Oh shut the fuck up. I swear, how many alt accounts do you people need, anyway? It's pathetic, just so you know.

This section is for current Guns. I'm sorry that bothers you so incredibly much. But part of me wonders if you're just mad because the pre-94 section is dead. So sorry.

the problem being, that everybody has heard Slashs side of the story a million times, now they just believe it, i remember just after Axl came on here and chatted with us.

I was having a conversation about GnR with a guy at work and he was saying how axl had refused to go on stage one night unless they signed the rights over, I tried to explain that was blackmail and that representatives of the band would have taken Axl to court over that, i even cited what axl had said in the chats.

and he was just like.

When DLR left Van Halen he didn't say a word about his former bandmates for ages and everyone thought he was polite for doing it and they were scum Axl and slash do it and its the other way around

That falls under the auspicious category of "the true myth" ie: a story gets repeated so many times that the majority accept it as truth,even when alternate versions are more viable.

I honestly think people as a species don't like to think or delve into anything that challenges their mindset.

and he was just like.

That falls under the auspicious category of "the true myth" ie: a story gets repeated so many times that the majority accept it as truth,even when alternate versions are more viable.

I honestly think people as a species don't like to think or delve into anything that challenges their mindset.

Yes, the things you've just said have been scientifically proven. The "illusion of truth effect", in which frequently repeated statements are more readily accepted as true.

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/ideas/articles/2010/07/11/how_facts_backfire/

There's also been a study that found that misinformed people rarely change their minds when exposed to new, correct facts and will often become even more entrenched in their misinformed opinions than before. Human minds have built-in defense mechanisms against admitting that they were wrong. The phenomenon of confirmation bias is that we tend to accept only facts that support our existing viewpoints and reject those that contradict them.

http://www.cracked.com/article_16656_6-brainwashing-techniques-theyre-using-you-right-now.html

There is also the argumentative theory of reasoning, that our fundamental reason for learning is not to find the truth - it's to gain authority over other people, to win arguments.

Edited by Flayer

He hope he does one where he just tells funny stories and drinking benders he went on with Baz. kind of skip all the heavy politics stuff a do something life affirming like Dave's Crazy from the Heat.

It would definately keep some people hopping,trying to overanalyze each sentence,decode/decifer/make the Davinci code and the Zodiac code look like Dr.Seuss.

Green Eggs and Ham is some Illuminati shit.

Green Eggs and Ham is some Illuminati shit.

I believe my thesis on this has already been made clear in the Task Force thread:

mygnrwearegame.png