Izzy on the new album?

spunko12345

There was also talk on twitter today that Izzy is going to appear with Slash and his band. I guess that would not matter in most cases but Mr. Rose is not most cases.

Did they mention when? Like maybe August 2nd in Boston? :awesomeface: :awesomeface: :awesomeface:

I did not see any date. It came from one of Slash's band members though.

There was also talk on twitter today that Izzy is going to appear with Slash and his band. I guess that would not matter in most cases but Mr. Rose is not most cases.

Did they mention when? Like maybe August 2nd in Boston? :awesomeface: :awesomeface: :awesomeface:

Frankie Sidoris? Man I really hope it happens, then over a 9-month period I will have seen in person every member of the AFD/UYI lineups performing GNR.

Is it possible or likely?

It's great that Izzy plays with gnr every now and again but it seems just a little bit like the time would be right for the songwriting partnership of Rose/Stradlin to reconnect.

Back during the Dexter chat, Axl mentioned something about a song called "Down By the Ocean" with Izzy.

it would just mean less money for every other artist, and at the end of the day, izzy's input wouldn't make much more difference in the overall sale of the album.

Yeah but it might stop it from being shite. :)

Frankie Sidoris? Man I really hope it happens, then over a 9-month period I will have seen in person every member of the AFD/UYI lineups performing GNR.

Yeah it was Frankie apparantly from what I could pick up he has been in touch with Izzy. Good luck man I hope it happens for you.

Possible, and I think the sessions are going to be the smoothest they've ever been. Prob. enough for 2 CDs, but they'll sell them months apart instead of at the same time. I just hope they put an EP out this year, so we have something new.

Anything is possible, but I'm not sure what would be the point considering Axl seemed intent at one point to push the GNR sound "forward," or whatever that meant.

Regardless, they are two of my favourite song writers so I'd be all for it.

Cheers,

Andrew

Guest Gunns

it would just mean less money for every other artist, and at the end of the day, izzy's input wouldn't make much more difference in the overall sale of the album.

Yeah but it might stop it from being shite. :)

Izzy's solo albums are hardly spectacular ;)