Would you like to see a 'Chinese Democracy' re-release coincide with the Vegas shows?

BBA

just curious ... what would you guys think about the "band" re-releasing 'Chinese Democracy' to coincide with the vegas shows? i'm not talking about additional tracks, remixes, or blu-rays. just the same 14 tracks with different cover art and people's names spelled correctly in the liner notes. towards the end of these dates, we will be at the 4 year anniversary of the album's initial release. plus, i think a re-release of the album would be a great prelude to kick off the Chinese Democracy 2013 World Tour. anyone else share in these wishes?

BBA you're going to be sorry when Axl releases new music (in however many years) and you're left clinging to some illusion that he gives a shit you don't approve.

You're going to be sorry when Axl releases new music in however many years and you're left clinging to some illusion that he gives a shit you do approve.

Edited by TeeJay410

BBA you're going to be sorry when Axl releases new music (in however many years) and you're left clinging to some illusion that he gives a shit you don't approve.

You're going to be sorry when Axl releases new music in however many years and you're left clinging to some illusion that he gives a shit you do approve.

Ohhh, you only WISH that's what I thought.

The difference between me and people like you is that I accept reality and aren't as bothered by OLD shit that people like you are bothered by.

When Axl releases new music (if he does, hell you never know, you could own me hard if he doesn't). But if he does, the point is: I'll be digging it while you're still butthurt 15 years later that Slash isn't in the band anymore.

Who says I won't like the new music he puts out if he does? I look forward to hearing it. But reality is that it isn't happening any time soon and there's really no excuse for that fact. Reality is Gn'R has become a nostalgic roadshow. Its not that there is anything wrong with that, the Rolling Stones and Aerosmith are, but they're in stadiums. That's where GnR belonged. But the ego of one man and the spinelessness of another until it was too late ruined all of that.

But as far as music, yeah I'd love to hear it. I liked CD for the most part. But I'm sure as hell not counting on it.

- You announce an album in 1999

- You tour a non existing album between 2001 and 2008.

- You release said album in 2008.

- Reception of said album isn't very good.

- You keep touring said album from 2008 to 2012.

- You get a frustrated fanbase because there's nothing now.

- You talk in the press about new song (but nothing happens)

- You get bad publicity for touring poorly received album from 2001 to 2012.

Doesn't it seems like the stupidest possible move in the freaking world to RE-RELEASE a poorly received album 4 years after you've released it while you've been touring it for 11 years now without producing ANYTHING new?

If they'd actually do that there wouldn't be a doubt in my mind that they're deliberately trying to get mocked and crapped on in the press.

Doesn't it seems like the stupidest possible move in the freaking world to RE-RELEASE a poorly received album 4 years after you've released it while you've been touring it for 11 years now without producing ANYTHING new?

If they'd actually do that there wouldn't be a doubt in my mind that they're deliberately trying to get mocked and crapped on in the press.

reported. this section is for actual "fans" of the nu-band.

Stop trolling.

What would be the point in re-releasing it? Most people (or rather everyone outside of these message boards) don't care about different artwork and I can't imagine most people would re-buy an album just for bonus tracks if it had any - that is more for the really invested folks.

What would be the point in re-releasing it? Most people (or rather everyone outside of these message boards) don't care about different artwork and I can't imagine most people would re-buy an album just for bonus tracks if it had any - that is more for the really invested folks.

In a perfect scenario, a CD re-release would come as a bonus CD with the new album in a stripped down version remixed version.

Ohhh, you only WISH that's what I thought.

The difference between me and people like you is that I accept reality and aren't as bothered by OLD shit that people like you are bothered by.

When Axl releases new music (if he does, hell you never know, you could own me hard if he doesn't). But if he does, the point is: I'll be digging it while you're still butthurt 15 years later that Slash isn't in the band anymore.

And while you are digging the new album, you will still be making multiple daily posts bashing Slash, somebody who hasn't been in the band for over 15 years.

BBA, no, that would be a terrible idea.

The only way to rerelease all the artwork type stuff would be as part of a Box Set.

The smart thing, imo, would be to tie these shows together with the release of a new album.

But from the title, it looks like it might just be the "putting to bed" of the CD touring.

how would it be a failure? i said it would be released with an alternate cover.

deep down, i bet you'd camp out overnight to get this.

Stop trolling.

What a thread.