Ashba talks next record and Vegas.

IncitingChaos

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else thinking OMG is getting played in Vegas? This line-up hasn't done it, and it's only been played live twice in all. They rehearsed it in Rio (and possibly other times in 2011, I think axlrosefan4life is the guys username who did the streaming last year? Didn't he get a clip of OMG and Civil War being soundchecked?)

Clip was of OMG and Estranged. CW was a complete surprise. It was rumored that a security guard heard them rehearse it just before the Hamilton show (i think that was the show) and it was busted out a few shows later.

wrong, one of the users of this forum streamed the soundcheck of Civil War and OMG. He was on the door of the venue.

Another user who worked in the venue watch them rehearsing Civil War and said they are stoping sometimes to correct some parts and shit like that.

THen the same user who was in the door and listened and streamed Civil War ask Fernando if it's worth to do a banner "play OMG" and he said "it's too hard to sing in a 3h show" and then he talk about CW and Fernando said "maybe". Then he (the user) maked a banner about Civil War and they played it,.

So Estranged and OMG weren't rehearsed at RIR?

I'm talking about the show in USA when they rehearsed OMG and CW

Someone did record another instrumental rehearsal of OMG at a US show, the sound quality was utter shit though. I'd be excited to hear it, that new version of the chorus from the Brazil rehearsal sounds ridiculously catchy.

Someone did record another instrumental rehearsal of OMG at a US show, the sound quality was utter shit though. I'd be excited to hear it, that new version of the chorus from the Brazil rehearsal sounds ridiculously catchy.

If you mean the guitars with wah, then I gotta tell you that they are present on the version released on the End Of Days soundtrack, they are just buried in the mix. Listen to it on headphones and you'll notice them.

OMG would be a good opener for the vegas shows, but it would probably be hard on axl to open with it. It would be a good song to do in the encore before paradise city.

Really though, I don't see how OMG would be harder for axl than YCBM or Shacklers.

I would fly to Vegas to see an acoustic GnR show. That's awesome news.

And what did he mean by songs the band has never played before? Does he mean the current version of the band, or the band that is GnR - which would mean 100% new songs?

Imo he was talking about the current lineup. But anyway, there are few songs Guns have never played before - Don't damn me, Shotgun blues, My world, Get In The Ring; + TSI songs: Human being, Raw power, Ain't it fun, Buick makane, You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory, I Don't Care About You, Look At Your Game Girl, Black Leather.

"[Axl Rose] has tons of stuff done [and] recorded that he's played for me and wants my input on,"

Ashba tells Rolling Stone.

I guess the other hired hands have heard it too. I guess the other hired hands had input also. By the sounds of things, Axl wants Ashba's input in terms of another layer, or to replace (rerecord) guitar work by Buckethead / Robin ?

Has Bumblefoot mentioned hearing the 'tons of stuff done' ?

Edited by vaida

There's obviously stuff ready to go (CD leftovers), it's just a matter of sorting things out with the label and lawsuits....

Oh please! You simply cannot be that naive.

It's simply a matter of Axl. End of story. Labels and lawsuits my ass.

There's nothing spontaneous about their setlist either. I don't care what they SAY or how Saint Laurent tries to defend it.

It's been the same basic setlist for the last couple tours. Doesn't matter how many songs they load up on it.

Perhaps you don't quite understand what spontaneous means then? Because band members spontaneously calling out song names and the band then playing that song would mean there is definitely something spontaneous about the setlist.

So just trying to figure out if you were lying or if you didn't know what the word meant.

Spontaneity is something unexpected. Playing Chinese then Jungle and ending with Paradise City every time isn't spontaneous. And mixing the order a BIT on the stuff in between, maybe rotating a couple songs, that's not spontaneous. Spontaneous is someone from the crowd yelling out, "Hey, play 'Dead Horse!'" and then they do.

I understand perfectly what you're saying, but I just disagree with him. They know what they are gonna play by and large.

Don't believe for one second that DJ knows for certain what's going on, take it with a huge grain if salt. He's been saying the exact same thing about a new album back when he first joined in 2008. Everything he says is typical and just gives fans who want to be fooled false hope. I'm not one of those people anymore. I'd listen to the people behind the scenes who are close to Axl before DJ, and that goes for a lot of the band as well unfortunately.

new songs?

Yes. They are going to play all 62 remaining songs from the CD sessions plus an additional 97 songs that they plan to write 5 minutes before showtime.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Ron mentioned that Frank clocked him and he had 6 new songs/ideas for new songs in 2 minutes. Maybe they'll let Ashba do the same, but actually on stage? :drool: