O2 show trailer in HD

NachoLZ

Are people who say Axl sounds good in these clips, ass kissers, delusional or liars?

I think its part due to the novelty of finally having a GnR DVD released that showcases this band, that , or those thinking that axl sound good are the same ones who attended the show?

Edited by Gunns

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Are people who say Axl sounds good in these clips: ass kissers, delusional or liars?

Good question. I think it might be a combination of ass kissers and liars in most cases.

Axl sounds awful in these clips. It's like the 2002 VMA's all over again. There is no way in hell this should ever be released.

No, it's not like that at all. Judging by the clips here, that is a shit analogy.

Ali

Quit kissing ass for once, and try listening to Axl's awful singing on 14 Years again. He sounds exactly like he did at the 2002 VMA's.

That 14 Years is goddamn awful.

Axl sounds awful in these clips. It's like the 2002 VMA's all over again. There is no way in hell this should ever be released.

No, it's not like that at all. Judging by the clips here, that is a shit analogy.

Ali

Quit kissing ass for once, and try listening to Axl's awful singing on 14 Years again. He sounds exactly like he did at the 2002 VMA's.

That 14 Years is goddamn awful.

You're deaf. 14 Years sounded great, not far off from the original recording. If you want to complain, go listen to Indiana '91. The vocals that you're longing for RUINED

the studio version of Street of Dreams all the way up until the lyric "describe". From then on, the vocals were great.

I will definately watch this. But whoever mixed this didn't do Axl any favours either. His vocals weren't the best to begin with, but they've been mixed so they sort of float on top of the instruments to bring out the flaws even more. Some reverb and vocal delay would make them sound better and sit better in the overall mix.

I will definately watch this. But whoever mixed this didn't do Axl any favours either. His vocals weren't the best to begin with, but they've been mixed so they sort of float on top of the instruments to bring out the flaws even more. Some reverb and vocal delay would make them sound better and sit better in the overall mix.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

so many stupid comments here

are you really GN'R Fans?

dont buy the DVD - end of story

Don't worry, I won't buy it, but wouldn't you agree that when something is (finally) released, they'd try to make an effort for it to be something good, instead of picking a concert where Axl can't sing and then promote it with stuff that Axl has said that he doesn't want to be associated with?

Like someone pointed out too, there's no new songs in the trailer at all, it's only old GNR songs.

so many stupid comments here

are you really GN'R Fans?

dont buy the DVD - end of story

Don't worry, I won't buy it, but wouldn't you agree that when something is (finally) released, they'd try to make an effort for it to be something good, instead of picking a concert where Axl can't sing and then promote it with stuff that Axl has said that he doesn't want to be associated with?

Like someone pointed out too, there's no new songs in the trailer at all, it's only old GNR songs.

Hey, how many times do people have to drill this into your head? This show in particular was filmed for a later release, not others. Pay attention and quit complaining.

The best part about this thread is how if any expresses disinterest in the way Axl sounds they are immediately labeled as complainers or stupid, among other things.

I haven't seen much that is intentionally ripping on the DVD. The general consensus just seems to be that people wish they'd put out a stronger show since this is what the general public will see. If I show this to a friend who isn't a Guns fan, for example, he might be put off by the "Mickey" voice. The "Mickey" voice isn't even the main problem though. If you listen to Boston 2002, for example, there's hardly an ounce of rasp in the entire show yet he's still singing loud and powerful. Doesn't sound all that bad. Here, unfortunately, he's pretty winded. I realize he's ten years older, but a couple short years ago he still had that power. Even on Jungle which is the best part of the clip he just doesn't seem to have his usual power.

One one hand, it's nice to finally get a live release. The band sounds really good. On the other hand, it might have been better to do a "KISSology" kind of retrospective (multi-disc set with the best of shows from the last few tours).

Using KISS as an example again, they were supposed to release a 2009 show from Cobo Hall for the 35th Anniversary of KISS Alive. Paul sounded pretty brutal at that show and for the time being it was shelved. Of course, there was never any confirmation as to why it got shelved but most accounts point to that being the reason. It's rumored to be on the next KISSology, but they've now had three years to doctor it up which I imagine they did. A single release of the show without edits would have been a disaster for them.

these dudes werent inducted in he rnr hall of fame... lol

Oh no shit? I wasn't aware.

This whole thing seems pretty cut and dried; if you're not excited about the movie, why bother reading threads about it?

Could you sound any more butt hurt? People are expressing their opinions, which is the whole point of a forum. That's the only cut and dry thing here.

It's disappointing that a band we're all a fan of has chosen a crappy performance to highlight. It's also disappointing that Axl now chooses to embrace the HOF induction when he shunned the process and basically gave a big fuck you to everyone involved. It absolutley reeks of hypocricy.