how many paying members are there in the nighttrain club?

HisRoyalSweetness

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roush, when you click on the nightrain forum you are immediately brought to a page where you can purchase a standard or a premium package. Click on the shop - perhaps expecting some exclusive t-shirts - and the only two things you can buy are, the same standard membership or the premium membership. Oh, there is some 'free' in depth and insightful information on the discography (apparently Appetite was released in 1987!). Everything about nightrain is aimed, to rob you of your money. Which is pretty much like new gnr these days.

Roush, when you click on the nightrain forum you are immediately brought to a page where you can purchase a standard or a premium package. Click on the shop - perhaps expecting some exclusive t-shirts - and the only two things you can buy are, the same standard membership or the premium membership. Oh, there is some 'free' in depth and insightful information on the discography (apparently Appetite was released in 1987!). Everything about nightrain is aimed, to rob you of your money. Which is pretty much like new gnr these days.

http://gunsnroses.shop.bravadousa.com/

Linked from the gunsnroses.com homepage.

Now be quiet. Adults are speaking.

I think it is kinda stupid how you can only see photos if you're a paid member. I mean, really? Photos? That's exclusive content?!

Agreed. And I don't know about you, but I'll be damned if I'm going to pay money for an additonal reminder that it's not Slash, Izzy, and Duff that are in the band.

Edited by Gun Shy Assassin

What previous actions have GNR made that would make anyone (other than the blind or stupid) pay money without recourse for refund?

I can understand the payment if the band operated like most bands do (release music at a regular interval, release b-sides, offer discounted features for fans, etc), but this is GNR and that's never going to happen. So why pay $50 to further suspend that fantasy?

What previous actions have GNR made that would make anyone (other than the blind or stupid) pay money without recourse for refund?

I can understand the payment if the band operated like most bands do (release music at a regular interval, release b-sides, offer discounted features for fans, etc), but this is GNR and that's never going to happen. So why pay $50 to further suspend that fantasy?

Oh woe is you. You choose to follow a band that doesn't make you happy. Boo hoo. Hey we're all glad that your here to spread your Christmas cheer though. Keep up the good work. It's important that you keep reminding us why the band doesn't meet your criteria for online fan clubs. :jerkoff:

it's not entirely true to say that you have to pay for photos. you have to pay for photos of AXL. you can look at free photos of the replacements at meet n' greets all day long.

since there's no reply on actual paying members yet, i take it nobody knows? there's no way to check?

I thought I'd posted this a while back, but I may not have; I'm a paying member and I've poked around a bit trying to find out. I've never seen any sort of indicator as to how many paying members there are. I can tell you this; it's going to drop off by like 90% come February.

it's not entirely true to say that you have to pay for photos. you have to pay for photos of AXL. you can look at free photos of the replacements at meet n' greets all day long.

since there's no reply on actual paying members yet, i take it nobody knows? there's no way to check?

I thought I'd posted this a while back, but I may not have; I'm a paying member and I've poked around a bit trying to find out. I've never seen any sort of indicator as to how many paying members there are. I can tell you this; it's going to drop off by like 90% come February.

thanks! i was wondering if that's why they were trying to launch another fan site. but if the new one's free, then i guess they'll keep nighttrain too.