"I didn't join Guns N Roses to only play guitar. I write songs everyday" Dj Ashba

Guest Gunns

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Says a guy who's been in the band for 4-5 years without an album to show for it.

It's not like he's CHOOSING to not put out an album.

But he's been in the band for 4 years this March. Apparently it hasn't dawn on him that playing guitar is exactly what his role has been.

GUNS N Roses guitarist DJ Ashba has paid tribute to Melbourne beauty Nicky Whelan for healing his heart.

Ashba said: "We met for a reason and we gave it a good run.

"She is a really cool girl and she helped me grow."

Ashba and Whelan, now a Hollywood-based actor, split in 2011 after dating for a year.

Back then, Ashba said Whelan had taught him to trust in love.

He added yesterday: She is a great actress and we're still buddies. I will wish her nothing but the best."

Guns N Roses play in Perth on March 9, Sydney on March 12, Melbourne on March 16 and 17, and Brisbane on March 20.

Ashba said the band has written "a ton" of new songs for an album.

"It's a matter of deciding which songs to pick for the new record," he said.

"I'm excited about the future. I didn't join Guns N Roses to only play guitar. I write songs everyday."

http://www.perthnow....l-1226581484949

Oh serious, FUCK YOU Ashba!

This is starting to piss me off more and more. He keeps dangling carrots in front of the fans and still no result at all. I call complete bullshit on what he's saying here. If it was THAT simple, deliver a fucking record. I can't even count how many times he's said stuff like this and we still have nothing. No news, no word, no music. How long does the picking take? A fucking year or 2? Maybe 3? Must be some tough picks DJ!

Liar.

Edited by username

I didn't join Guns N Roses to only play guitar. I write songs everyday

Yes DJ we know you didn't join GNR to only play guitar. Infact, you said that you don't even consider yourself a guitarist.

We all know why you're in GNR. Its to sell Ashba Swag beanies and Ashba swag make up kits.

It may not be what he joined for but it's what he has been hired to do. So many contradictions with new material.

Axl: It's in the label's hands

BBF: We just need to work on one song at a time(insinuating that there is a lack of material)

DJ: We have a ton of songs and it's just a matter of choosing which songs for the record.

Meanwhile, Dizzy is running around telling everyone this is the REAL GNR. Complete confusion

haha this band (esp. this lineup) being constant & tight on live shows (despite Axl's weak voice), but creating new music is not their type of business, lol

Edited by Crash Diet

I suspect DJ is just as frustrated as Ron, he just has a different approach to try and motivate Axl. They are like good cop bad cop. DJ is clearly such a fanboy, I think he is just trying to will it to happen.

This.

And for the record BBF didn't say "If we record a new album...".That was the question"IF you record a new album..."

Not saying they recorded anything but obviously their hoping too.

What the fuck is axl doing? Do they even talk together? What is that manager doing? :confused:

if he chose to join guns n' roses in 2010 with the expectation of writing and releasing new music, then he's a fucking moron.

But but but there are so many reasons why he is not a moron...oh...wait...never mind

I suspect DJ is just as frustrated as Ron, he just has a different approach to try and motivate Axl. They are like good cop bad cop. DJ is clearly such a fanboy, I think he is just trying to will it to happen.

This.

And for the record BBF didn't say "If we record a new album...".That was the question"IF you record a new album..."

Not saying they recorded anything but obviously their hoping too.

What the fuck is axl doing? Do they even talk together? What is that manager doing? :confused:

Baking pies and cakes.

I'm sure he's not just in the band to play guitar. Theres selling more "swag", earning more $$, 5* touring around the world and scoring more models.

Well, tbh life could be worse. ;)

And it's not that I don't believe him that he's writing songs and wants them to be recorded/released, but unfortunatley it's not up to him.

bucket material first THEN current band.

People say it wouldnt make sense to release a new album that the old new gnr did, it makes more sense than releasing music from the current band, then turn around and release music from the bucket era

lets close the chapter on the bucket era first, then start with the current band.

Edited by Gunns