"I didn't join Guns N Roses to only play guitar. I write songs everyday" Dj Ashba

Guest Gunns

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

bucket material first THEN current band.

That would be nice. They could release a whole big boxset like Disc01 (1998-2001), Disc02(2002-2004), Disc03(2006-2008), Disc04(2009-2013), + some Backstagefootage shot during the recording days.

makes too much sense, wont happen.

I've opted that a lot of times actually. Just put all the shit out there as a Chinese Democracy Years box set. I bet it'd span 6 discs easily. Different mixes from different era's and maybe with different musicians. Not to mention at least 2 discs of unheard material from that era and different mixes/versions of those. Put the Brian May stuff on it! Put the "nearly finished" 2000 versions on it. Put everything on it. Close the book on that whole turbulent era and start fresh with the band we have no.

End one thing in the only way that it should end, and start a new fresh thing. I'd love that. It's win-win. The fans get what they all wanted, the band gets to create their own fresh material and Axl get's to get his music heard.

For me, this would be a dream-scenario.

I've opted that a lot of times actually. Just put all the shit out there as a Chinese Democracy Years box set. I bet it'd span 6 discs easily. Different mixes from different era's and maybe with different musicians. Not to mention at least 2 discs of unheard material from that era and different mixes/versions of those. Put the Brian May stuff on it! Put the "nearly finished" 2000 versions on it. Put everything on it. Close the book on that whole turbulent era and start fresh with the band we have no.

End one thing in the only way that it should end, and start a new fresh thing. I'd love that. It's win-win. The fans get what they all wanted, the band gets to create their own fresh material and Axl get's to get his music heard.

that's the best outcome for everyone , 1 man is standing between fantasy and reality.

I think this is a great idea but imagine the headache of sorting out who is owed what royalties!

Interviews of non-Axl members of New GNR are always so adorable :3 Really exited about the future ton of new songs new album in the works yeah uhuh. None of this is anyway relevant until Axl has spend sufficient amount of time being interested/motivated/able/willing to think about new album.

Edited by LTD

bucket material first THEN current band.

People say it wouldnt make sense to release a new album that the old new gnr did, it makes more sense than releasing music from the current band, then turn around and release music from the bucket era

lets close the chapter on the bucket era first, then start with the current band.

i think is more Finck era, than Bucket era, but i see your point

Btw i think Axl closed the CD saga himself and if we ever saw a new album that would be totally new songs/cover album

Then maybe Axl let release the CD leftovers

But this is only speculation :popcorn:

DJ says he writes songs everyday. Like that's supposed to be impressive rather than distressing. DJ, it's QUALITY of songs, not quantity we're looking for.

And yes, I wanna hear BH songs. But it'd also be nice to hear music from a band that actually still exists. Axl better wise up and hurry up tho.

Edited by Eu4ic

I think most of the guys just opt not to say anything because they saw what Axl went through just getting one album out. Even though Ashba wasn't around, he knows what went on before he was in the band.

The time they spent at the residency, they had talked about trying to work on songs, but the biggest complainer, Bumblefoot, was off promoting hot sauce, wasn't he *L*. They had full rein of the theater to come up with something. My guess is that if they did go into the studio, it might have been to review the footage for the 3D concert before approving it.