**FAQ UPDATE IN FIRST POST 6/16** Guns N' Roses Appetite For Democracy 3D Concert Film/DVD/Blu-Ray

rockfuel

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Let me get this straight. The 3d comes with two blu rays discs? Or one? One 3d blu ray, and one 2d blue ray?

One blu-ray. 3D/2D on the same disc. 3D will only work in a 3D blu-ray player, but the 2D will work on any blu-ray player.

Awesome! Are a lot of 3d blu rays this way?

thanks Nacho fixed.

1) I know I can import from Amazon or webapp or CD Universe.. BUT, no news if the blu-ray n' dvd will arrive in Argentina / South America "very" soon?

Yes, but date not yet confirmed

2) I don't have smart TV, good smartphone or tablet... If I buy digital, could see from the notebook with windows?

Yes, it will work on notebook with windows

Edited by rockfuel
  • Like 1

Let me get this straight. The 3d comes with two blu rays discs? Or one? One 3d blu ray, and one 2d blue ray?

One blu-ray. 3D/2D on the same disc. 3D will only work in a 3D blu-ray player, but the 2D will work on any blu-ray player.

Yes, there are a lot of 3d blurays find this way, but in all honesty what id consider a "reference" quality bluray would be on a single 50gb bluray for each, one for 3d and one for bluray. Just my opinion though. Edited by systronic

Yes, there are a lot of 3d blurays find this way, but in all honesty what id consider a "reference" quality bluray would be on a single 50gb bluray for each, one for 3d and one for bluray. Just my opinion though.
Agreed.

Yes, there are a lot of 3d blurays find this way, but in all honesty what id consider a "reference" quality bluray would be on a single 50gb bluray for each, one for 3d and one for bluray. Just my opinion though.

Yeah, the correct way would have been to have a 2 disc blu ray set but to save on cost it was compressed to one disc

thanks Nacho fixed.

1) I know I can import from Amazon or webapp or CD Universe.. BUT, no news if the blu-ray n' dvd will arrive in Argentina / South America "very" soon?

Yes, but date not yet confirmed

2) I don't have smart TV, good smartphone or tablet... If I buy digital, could see from the notebook with windows?

Yes, it will work on notebook with windows

Ok big thanks! I'm waiting' for news soon!

Rock Fuel, you did a great job both in visual and sound issue, but Axl's voice did not help so I think a mistake had not made a "makeup" on the redhead's voice. In this video You Could Be Mine is showing a gap between the instrumental and vocal quality of Axl.

I think it's ridiculously funny judging an audiio performace YCBM from someone who shot a clip from a phone muffled/distorted and posted it...perhaps you should listen to the actual perfectly mixed stereo/5.1 version before making a judgement. geez

No.

• Like 2

I think it's ridiculously funny judging an audiio performace YCBM from someone who shot a clip from a phone muffled/distorted and posted it...perhaps you should listen to the actual perfectly mixed stereo/5.1 version before making a judgement. geez

No.

Go away then. :max:

Looking forward to it rockfuel! Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

I haven't pre-ordered yet because the postage to Australia was more expensive than the disc itself. Ordering it to my girlfriend's place in Kansas and getting it sent back to Aus in my next care package instead.

No.

I haven't pre-ordered yet because the postage to Australia was more expensive than the disc itself. Ordering it to my girlfriend's place in Kansas and getting it sent back to Aus in my next care package instead.

I'm pretty sure I've watched enough clips of the Vegas shows. i know damn well what he sounds like.

No.

I'm pretty sure I've watched enough clips of the Vegas shows. i know damn well what he sounds like.

I was actually there. And sober for one of the nights. He sounded good.

All I really want to say in defence of his voice at Vegas in 2012 (ahead of this being released, so you can all laugh at me later if I'm wrong) is that it might not have been as raspy as a lot of people like BUUUT...

....he had a lot of control, was singing was vibrato, wasn't running out of breath constantly, brought the rasp out at the right moments. Was it his best period vocally? Nah... but he was solid during the latter-half of the 2012 Vegas run. Definitely better for those few shows than he was over the rest of 2012/2013 in general.

Maybe, we'll see. But I'm talking about YCBM. You know he didn't sound good on that song. Even at good shows he sucks on that song.

I'd be expecting something pretty similar to this:

Let me be clear with what I'm about to say, BY TODAY"S STANDARDS that's not bad. :lol: You know what I mean?

Edit: I just took a quick look at the comments on youtube. :no:

Let me be clear with what I'm about to say, BY TODAY"S STANDARDS that's not bad. :lol: You know what I mean?

Edit: I just took a quick look at the comments on youtube. :no:

I do. But I would be very satisfied with a Blu-Ray of performances at that level. In some respects, the thing I'm looking for most is consistency. The "rasp" is less important to me than tone, pitch, breathing, control, as well as the level of passion he's putting in as well. There are so many elements that go into a great vocal performance; I can handle some aspects lacking as long as the others are still there.

Singing with rasp is hard... if using it constantly weakens other areas of his vocals (as we've seen), then I'd rather he used it sparingly and delivered more consistently overall.

Anyway, it's kind of like Tokyo. Best show of that era? Not even close... but I'm still glad we have it professionally released.

Saw the concert last night at the Studio Movie Grill. It was great!

The 3 d made you feel like you were at this concert! The energy from this band was just fantastic. Axl looked and sounded great.

This version was only 2 and a half hour show, so they didn't show the whole concert. It was actually 3 and a half hours. Only did 2 songs from CD, which were, Chinese Democracy and This is Iove. I know at my Vegas show GNR performed Better and Street of Dreams as well as covers of Whole lotta Rosie and The Seeker.

All in all it was a blast! So glad I went to see it in the theatre. It was like being at the concert again and that is a great memory for me.

Whoever goes to see GNR in the theatre you will have the best time. This band brings it and Axl dancing with the dancing girls was so damn funny!

• Like 4

The 3 d made you feel like you were at this concert! The energy from this band was just fantastic. Axl looked and sounded great.

This version was only 2 and a half hour show, so they didn't show the whole concert. It was actually 3 and a half hours. Only did 2 songs from CD, which were, Chinese Democracy and This is Iove. I know at my Vegas show GNR performed Better and Street of Dreams as well as covers of Whole lotta Rosie and The Seeker.

All in all it was a blast! So glad I went to see it in the theatre. It was like being at the concert again and that is a great memory for me.

Whoever goes to see GNR in the theatre you will have the best time. This band brings it and Axl dancing with the dancing girls was so damn funny!

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Is Val the first forumer to have seen it?

It's $20. Any true Gn'R fan should buy it. It isn't like they are flooding the market with so much product that we can't keep up with buying it all.

It's $20 + $30 postage for me. Which is close to $60 AU. :awesomeface:

I'd pay more though.

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Is Val the first forumer to have seen it?

No, I saw it last night at the Chinese theater in Hollywood. I mentioned earlier that it looked like the audio was out of sync by a few frames the entire show. Frank hitting the drums, Axl's vocals, the guitar, etc. Everything seemed OFF by a few frames.