**FAQ UPDATE IN FIRST POST 6/16** Guns N' Roses Appetite For Democracy 3D Concert Film/DVD/Blu-Ray

rockfuel

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

what's laughable is Def leppard had a spring residency in 2013 and their blu-ray,dvd and cd are just about to come out. How can it be so easy for them and so hard for GnR?

Saw the Def Leppard blu ray at the record stores last week and thought the exact same thing!

what's laughable is Def leppard had a spring residency in 2013 and their blu-ray,dvd and cd are just about to come out. How can it be so easy for them and so hard for GnR?

Saw the Def Leppard blu ray at the record stores last week and thought the exact same thing!

this is what pisses me off too.to see all the other bands get the right treatment.

How was it selling?

How was it selling?

Not sure. I think it was release day so I don't know if they moved any or not. I'm out of town right now, but I can ask next time I'm in there.

How was it selling?

Not sure. I think it was release day so I don't know if they moved any or not. I'm out of town right now, but I can ask next time I'm in there.

not bad considering no one's buying dvd's much anymore- per http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/news/5777998/chart-moves-def-leppard-donna-summer-return-to-billboard-200-chart :

-- Def Leppard, "Viva Hysteria: Live at the Joint, Las Vegas" (No. 24): Def Leppard returns to the Billboard 200 chart this week, scoring its 16th charting album...

The independently released live set opens at No. 24 on the chart, selling 10,000 copies in its first week....The release was also available as a home video, on DVD and blu-ray. The video equivalent of the album arrives at No. 3 on Music Video Sales, moving 2,000 copies.

Amazon has pretty positive reviews- averaging 4.5 out of 5 for 27 reviews.

How was it selling?

not bad considering no one's buying dvd's much anymore- per http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/news/5777998/chart-moves-def-leppard-donna-summer-return-to-billboard-200-chart :

-- Def Leppard, "Viva Hysteria: Live at the Joint, Las Vegas" (No. 24): Def Leppard returns to the Billboard 200 chart this week, scoring its 16th charting album...

The independently released live set opens at No. 24 on the chart, selling 10,000 copies in its first week....The release was also available as a home video, on DVD and blu-ray. The video equivalent of the album arrives at No. 3 on Music Video Sales, moving 2,000 copies.

Amazon has pretty positive reviews- averaging 4.5 out of 5 for 27 reviews.

Wow that's pretty decent!

Guest cbgnr666

I really hope this comes out and then finally there will be something too make up for the last official release Toyo 92 shit bomb.Good thing that didn't have a theatrical release.

No matter how good this is, the chances of it being better than the Tokyo '92 dvd is minimal... We all know how Axl sounded in that residency.

Absolutely anything would be better.The trailer from vegas has already surpassed Tokyo 92 because you can actually listen too it without cringing.

Edited by cbgnr666

Axl's 'Gn'R' isn't and won't ever be a 'normal' band. One of the many motives for the delay could be pending lawsuits from former lineups (like Axl likes to call it) members....

No doubt. You are 100% correct.

I'm sure the delay can be traced back to lawsuits from former members. As well as inept former managers. Racist fans who complain to much. Meany forum mods and owners. Biased media members who have had personal vendettas against Axl Rose for 30 years. Canada. Miley Cyrus. This list goes on and on. I don't know how Axl ever gets any work done, with the entire world out to get him.

• Like 1

I believe the label is stopping the ChiDem tracks

What do you think their reasoning is?

To spite Axl. It might sound silly but I'm sure Axl burned a lot of bridges in 2008.

So the label would give up profit just to spite an artist who is difficult to work with?

And couldn't Axl sue the label if that was the case?

(Not saying you are wrong)

I believe the label is stopping the ChiDem tracks

What do you think their reasoning is?

To spite Axl. It might sound silly but I'm sure Axl burned a lot of bridges in 2008.

So the label would give up profit just to spite an artist who is difficult to work with?

And couldn't Axl sue the label if that was the case?

(Not saying you are wrong)

Didn't Trent Reznor say hefelt like one of 50 bands or something like that? I think, keyword there, Interscope is holding back new music from Axl unless it's got the other top hat wearing les paul playing guitarist on it, a) so they don't lose $xxx,xxx.xx like they did with CD b) Most kids my ge listen to rap and pop and what not, no inklining as to who GNR is so they're more likely to invest in Lady GaGa than Axl Rose and C), as coma said, to spite Axl. I think he burned a few bridges there, but it's whatever. This is purely speculation on my part though.

There's no way they are holding it back under any circumstances just to spite Axl Rose. It's far more likely he is demanding too much money up front and/or an unrealistic marketing budget. Don't forget, it was Best Buy that got screwed in 2008, not the record company.

wouldn't it have been slated by now for this Xmas?

I know it ain't happening on Christmas and it's too late. I'm just saying IF they were looking to sell this with some sales endurance, Christmas would've been their best shot.

I highly, HIGHLY doubt it will see the light of day. Especially at this point.

new label - new management!

and yes, christmas would have been the time to release it, mums buying the dvd for their kids "you like rock music right?". At this stage... it's hard to call it, I think it's coming close to the point where they should just release it and stop dwelling on tiny details that won't matter in a years time.

Edited by Tom2112