**FAQ UPDATE IN FIRST POST 6/16** Guns N' Roses Appetite For Democracy 3D Concert Film/DVD/Blu-Ray

rockfuel

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

That is not the reason for the current delay as far as I know.

Yeah, I'm under that impression as well. Last I heard from Rock Fuel, the publishing issue had been resolved. I'd just been wondering the whole time what the publishing issue was in the first place. A problem with one of the cover songs? It hadn't occurred to me it might be an issue with the classic GNR songs. According to someone I spoke with the other day, Slash and Duff were holding things up, but if Rock Fuel is to be believed (and I personally believe them), that's been resolved.

No idea what the current delay is.

Just give $la$h some money and he'll approve it

And Axl is releasing (LOL) this DVD for what? world peace? HAHAHAHA

• Like 1

That type of mentality rings of Team Brazil apologism. At the end of the day, Rock Fuel have already released multiple DVDs. One of those DVDs featured a performance by The Smashing Pumpkins (who themselves have endured changing line-ups).

There is a basic protocol when it comes to due royalties; why are GNR the only entity that seemingly 'suffer' from it?

Why would Duff compromise his good relations with Axl by passively resisting a new GNR DVD?

Don't forget, this is a version of GNR Duff's band has opened for.

It's all about the benjamins baby. I'm sure once they agree to a sum (which it sounds like they have) they'd sign off on it.

That type of mentality rings of Team Brazil apologism. At the end of the day, Rock Fuel have already released multiple DVDs. One of those DVDs featured a performance by The Smashing Pumpkins (who themselves have endured changing line-ups).

There is a basic protocol when it comes to due royalties; why are GNR the only entity that seemingly 'suffer' from it?

Are they trying to prevent Slash and Duff from claiming royalties?

I think this is the first official dvd release of the nuband so it's probably new territory as far as royalties go and a win win situation for the lawyers.

There have been other DVDs that were supposed to come out, but never did. This one's had the most promo, but until it's actually on a shelf in front of you, don't assume minor details that normal bands work thru can just be ironed out with this band... I can think of at least 2 other DVDs that something should've been done with, not including the 01 Vegas gig (which Axl denies was intended for release or that in went to production).

Anyone want to wager the over/under page count for this thread relative to an actual release of this product?

It stands at 50 now, so I'm going to guess the over-under at 105 pages. Will this thread add 55 more pages of posts before the disc gets released? Maybe it should be a 150 (but I can't see people still being interested by 120)?

Anyway, thought it amusing that we're 50 pages into this thread and still no release date. I'm sure this bodes very well for the next album :P

• Like 2

I never claimed that.

Nor have I claimed Fernando is "to blame". I heard he was perceived as being unsupportive by Rock Fuel.

95 <optimistic> what do we win?

The right to tell everyone I told you so! (Though if I worked for Rockfuel, I would offer up a free copy to any mygnrforum member who guesses the correct number - good form of promotion imo).

It would be funny if the "official" Nightrain forum did something like this.

• Like 1

I never claimed that.

Nor have I claimed Fernando is "to blame". I heard he was perceived as being unsupportive by Rock Fuel.

You have an incredibly annoying habit of saying "i never said that" when someone asks you a follow-up question to something you said. If you want to talk like a pseudo-insider than just answer the inevitable follow-up q's when you say something. You will come off half as douchey.

Anyone want to wager the over/under page count for this thread relative to an actual release of this product?

It stands at 50 now, so I'm going to guess the over-under at 105 pages. Will this thread add 55 more pages of posts before the disc gets released? Maybe it should be a 150 (but I can't see people still being interested by 120)?

Anyway, thought it amusing that we're 50 pages into this thread and still no release date. I'm sure this bodes very well for the next album :P

This thread will be locked before that DVD is ever officially released.

I never claimed that.

You have an incredibly annoying habit of saying "i never said that" when someone asks you a follow-up question to something you said. If you want to talk like a pseudo-insider than just answer the inevitable follow-up q's when you say something. You will come off half as douchey.

No, I have an incredibly justified habit of taking exception to false accusations.

I merely questioned the validity of placing responsibility with Rock Fuel. I did so because a member of Rock Fuel explicitly stated that Fernando was being "unsupportive".

No, I have an incredibly justified habit of taking exception to false accusations.

But no one's accusing anything. They're asking follow-up questions. When you give vague, half-ass statements it's natural to ask what you mean so people don't form the wrong opinion.

My sincere apologies if english is not your first language, but you seem to have a real blind spot in communication here.

Edited by Bards

Follow-up questions on what? What did I say?

I didn't claim to know anything; I'm asking questions myself.

But no one's accusing anything. They're asking follow-up questions. When you give vague, half-ass statements it's natural to ask what you mean so people don't form the wrong opinion.

My sincere apologies if english is not your first language, but you seem to have a real blind spot in communication here.

:popcorn:

• Like 1

Follow-up questions on what? What did I say?

I didn't claim to know anything; I'm asking questions myself.

You're the one with the supposed "in" at Rock Fuel. Dude asked a question if Slash/Duff were part of the hold-up and you get right on your high horse about "never claiming that" and jumping into "false accusations". It's a question. If you know the answer and the answer is no, just say that. If you don't know, say that.

I never claimed that.

I merely questioned the validity of placing responsibility with Rock Fuel. I did so because a member of Rock Fuel explicitly stated that Fernando was being "unsupportive".

NGOG answered the original question quite clearly here ^

To me knowledge, no one on this site has made any claims about Slash & Duff holding anything up. The only claim that I know of, which I heard from a source myself is the one NGOG stated above; that Fernando is the one they're (Rock Fuel) having a hard time with.