**FAQ UPDATE IN FIRST POST 6/16** Guns N' Roses Appetite For Democracy 3D Concert Film/DVD/Blu-Ray

rockfuel

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't for a minute believe that this is being delayed due to clearance issues for all those covers, but wouldn't it be funny if it was?

Axl's inability to write new material without Slash, Duff and Izzy's help, still dogging him in 2013.

All those times that Axl fanatics told us we had no right to bitch about the set-list unless we were present at the show. Priceless. :lol:

Axl's inability to write new material without Slash, Duff and Izzy's help, still dogging him in 2013.

In fairness he's supposed to have written at least 3 albums worth of material since then. The bigger issue seems to be actually releasing anything. Overall it's still pathetic though.

This isn't even delayed. It's obviously been canned because they're too fucking stupid and disorganized to pull off the simplest of tasks. They are completely incompetent. Literally the biggest fuck ups ever when it comes to running a band.

• Like 1

This DVD is being delayed, because ... it is never coming out! Duh.

Just like the London show before this, the Better video, and the 2001 Vegas show before that, just like the Illusions doc, etc. etc. etc.

Axl is blocking this, because he's not satisfied with it. Just like he blocked Chinese for so many years, just like he tried to block Greatest Hits.

Also, back to the set-list again.

If this DVD came out, it wouldn't just be forum nerds who were familiar with the show -- it would be everyone who saw the DVD.

If touring is Team Brasil's only income these days, it's not smart to put this DVD out.

Why? So people can cry "that's the same show as on the DVD!"

• Like 1

Axl is blocking this, because he's not satisfied with it. Just like he blocked Chinese for so many years

Didn't the record company initially reject CD in 2000'ish though?

According to forum legend.

Didn't Stinson said something about it? Not only some forum legend.

By the way John, somehow you managed to top AndreCC nude portrait. Yours it's way more disturbing, thumbs up.

Axl is blocking this, because he's not satisfied with it. Just like he blocked Chinese for so many years

By the way John, somehow you managed to top AndreCC nude portrait. Yours it's way more disturbing, thumbs up.

I could be wrong, but I think Bob Ezrin is actually the one who said it.

Anyone still have paradise city from this show?

I don't think it's out there anymore unless someone ripped it. If I remember right, initial reaction was so bad that it was pulled in a few days.

I don't think it's out there anymore unless someone ripped it. If I remember right, initial reaction was so bad that it was pulled in a few days.

I haven't heard it, but it speaks to the exact reason why I really don't want this released. Axl's got to be in better shape to mass release a live performance to the public.

I ripped it just to wait for the final release and see if Axl's voice was changed or not. Guess I'll never do that. :lol:

Ezrin's never said it. He did say he liked three songs of the '99-2000 material and that sent Axl back because Axl thought he was done. But Ezrin never said the label rejected it.

BYJS39MCcAArxDh.png

Nov. 2

RockFuel: "Theatrical dates coming next week"

:lol:

What a surprise :lol:

Nothing to add here.. just a quick *bump* :)

Sorry- still nothing to add (well... maybe just insert token Lars sign-off or 5 Tuesdays left in '13 snark here)- just bumping my own *bump* :)- I wanna keep this thread visible before it gets put to bed for good.

i cant believe we are still talking about this....i mean this reminds me of chinese getting released, like everything is done and handed into the label but for some stupid fucking reason universal takes there sweet time doing all the business stuff.....

i cant believe we are still talking about this....i mean this reminds me of chinese getting released, like everything is done and handed into the label but for some stupid fucking reason universal takes there sweet time doing all the business stuff.....

And you believe that?

I don't.

• Like 2

Well, there's certainly a pattern when it comes to this band/corporation releasing products to the consumer.

I thought things looked a bit more positive when the fan club became more active last month, but considering we're now past a Christmas release it may be a bit longer still. If the fan club starts flatlining again I think we can pretty much write this puppy off.

Which could possibly cause the band to tour more, since producing a product such as this likely isn't cheap. Axl will have to make up the losses the way he knows best (since the market for GNR candles is likely saturated).

Maybe Axl heard that the new Playstation 4 and Xbox One won't support 3d blu-rays as of now and decided to say fuck it! Maybe we need Sony and Microsoft to patch their new systems to get this disc that few people actually want.

Edited by downzy
  • Like 1

From MSL

Heard another thing the other day that I thought was interesting. We already knew that publishing issues had been holding up the Vegas DVD. That info came directly from somebody in Rock Fuel. We'd speculated that the problems may have been with some of the cover songs played during the show.

However, now I'm hearing that the publishing issue actually had to do with getting Slash and Duff to sign off on the release. So that was the big hold up. You can't sync the classic songs to video without their permission. It just sucks all around for GNR fans because the GNR songs were cut from the Velvet Revolver DVD, the second Velvet Revolver DVD wasn't even released in the US, Slash's DVD couldn't be released in the US, the GNR songs were cut from Slash's bonus DVD, and now GNR's Vegas DVD has been delayed repeatedly.

Hopefully we still get it at some point. I thought the trailer looked awesome.