**FAQ UPDATE IN FIRST POST 6/16** Guns N' Roses Appetite For Democracy 3D Concert Film/DVD/Blu-Ray

rockfuel

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We all know Axl sounded like shit in Vegas for the most part. Releasing this would have only further tarnished the GNR brand. Shelving this was a smart decision on Team Brazil's part. I'd kill for a 2010 show though.

Uh, no. I was at the last two shows of the Vegas run and that was not something "we all know". At least, not those of us at those shows in particular. I can't speak to the other ones.

He sounded fine in the trailer, too.

Ali

1." maybe Axl wanted to hold back.

I'm just sick of it always being Axl's fault or his decision all the time."

2. GNR has toured for a better part of 3 years and did all those shows in Vegas and not missing one of them and still Axl gets shit for not doing enough.

1. Well which is it? Did Axl want to hold it back or was it somebody else's decision? You honestly believe it wasn't Axl's decision? Then whose decision was it? Beta? Vanessa? Fernando? Jarmo? Axl is the leader/dictator of GnR. You give him all the glory and credit for the great things that happen with GnR, but say he shouldn't get the blame for the failures? Double-standard much? So two failed DVD/Movie releases. Failed music videos. Numerous album delays (over years of time)......none of that was Axl's fault? Axl forgetting lyrics to songs that he wrote.........Axl showing up to shows out-of-shape........those things aren't Axl's fault? Axl not promoting CD when it first came out. Whose fault was that? Do you idolize him so much that you can't even admit things that are clearly is responsibility????

2. And wow. Your comment #2 totally misses the boat. Axl deserves a trophy for showing of for shows? Holy cow. You do realize that showing up for shows that YOUR band puts on is pretty much a mandatory things for every other artist, right? And did you really just say that Axl gets harrassed for not doing enough? Your overwhelming Axl worship is mindboggling. The SINGER has put out one album of original material in the past 20 years. He rarely does any media (IE: communicating with his fans). How many live DVDs has he put out? How many music videos? And you wonder why FANS are complaining that he doesn't do enough???? Maybe if people like you didn't enable Axl to treat his fans like crap - then he would act like he actually cared about you and other fans.

We all know Axl sounded like shit in Vegas for the most part. Releasing this would have only further tarnished the GNR brand. Shelving this was a smart decision on Team Brazil's part. I'd kill for a 2010 show though.

Uh, no. I was at the last two shows of the Vegas run and that was not something "we all know". At least, not those of us at those shows in particular. I can't speak to the other ones.

Ali

2. GNR has toured for a better part of 3 years and did all those shows in Vegas and not missing one of them and still Axl gets shit for not doing enough.

1. Well which is it? Did Axl want to hold it back or was it somebody else's decision? You honestly believe it wasn't Axl's decision? Then whose decision was it? Beta? Vanessa? Fernando? Jarmo? Axl is the leader/dictator of GnR. You give him all the glory and credit for the great things that happen with GnR, but say he shouldn't get the blame for the failures? Double-standard much? So two failed DVD/Movie releases. Failed music videos. Numerous album delays (over years of time)......none of that was Axl's fault? Axl forgetting lyrics to songs that he wrote.........Axl showing up to shows out-of-shape........those things aren't Axl's fault? Axl not promoting CD when it first came out. Whose fault was that? Do you idolize him so much that you can't even admit things that are clearly is responsibility????

2. And wow. Your comment #2 totally misses the boat. Axl deserves a trophy for showing of for shows? Holy cow. You do realize that showing up for shows that YOUR band puts on is pretty much a mandatory things for every other artist, right? And did you really just say that Axl gets harrassed for not doing enough? Your overwhelming Axl worship is mindboggling. The SINGER has put out one album of original material in the past 20 years. He rarely does any media (IE: communicating with his fans). How many live DVDs has he put out? How many music videos? And you wonder why FANS are complaining that he doesn't do enough???? Maybe if people like you didn't enable Axl to treat his fans like crap - then he would act like he actually cared about you and other fans.

I hate seeing the fans argue but Groghans post is spot on.

Ali

rock3rock3rock3

Right on. Axl completely runs the show. He IS GNR now. Can't take all of the credit without also taking all of the blame.

Of course most of these issues would be resolved if Axl had a real management team. But I guess Axl would rather have his yes men than an actual career. Most college bands have better management. Team Brazil must be the joke of the music business. I wonder how much money Axl and the band have lost because of mismanagement.

Be fair, TB has only been running The show for two years or so.

You shouldn't have brought 'tallica into this argument. Now Groghan's gonna get his second wind. :lol:

Anyways Metallica's release should be of no importance to whoever is reponsible for this one. These bands are from parallel universes now.

Edited by Scumcat Esq.

Maybe Axl wants to hold off since Metallica is releasing their movie in September.

I would still be happy with the release of a live cd/dvd/blueray combo. That's the way to go.

Well it was supposed to b a summer release and not a fall release. And wat about 2010? Was cell phone recording different for that one year? I understand its exciting while all the show, and you may not notice Mickey being in the pit, but a cell phone recording is a perfect representation of his voice at these shows. I couldn't imagine hearing an untouched up soundboard of a show in the last year... Yikes.

Well bottom line is no matter how much we complain, no one in the GNR camp seems to care.

It bothers me because if the record company or Axl want us to think this is THE version of GNR then they should want to show everyone this band.

If not, then I guess it's true that these musicians are just the ones that Axl has picked for a short time to tour and then there might be another version of GNR next time Axl wants to tour.

It's a shame because I think GNR need this now. Axl too.

Maybe Axl wants to hold off since Metallica is releasing their movie in September.

I would still be happy with the release of a live cd/dvd/blueray combo. That's the way to go.

Well it was supposed to b a summer release and not a fall release. And wat about 2010? Was cell phone recording different for that one year? I understand its exciting while all the show, and you may not notice Mickey being in the pit, but a cell phone recording is a perfect representation of his voice at these shows. I couldn't imagine hearing an untouched up soundboard of a show in the last year... Yikes.

Yep, cell phone recording was different in 2010. Most would've been recording with the iPhone 4 or the original samsung galaxy. So, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the phone is not the issue??!!

I did send an email in very recently about this...

The release is still planned for the very near future, but the usual holdups that seem to attach themselves to every GN'R release are currently being worked through.

Take that how you will I guess.

The release is still planned for the very near future, but the usual holdups that seem to attach themselves to every GN'R release are currently being worked through.

Does that mean that the record company has no interest in releasing this?

Does that mean that the record company has no interest in releasing this?

That's kind of what I have been thinking. But isn't Blackfrog owned by Guns? Maybe the band should take a leaf out of Metallica's book and start releasing stuff on their own label.

I would suspect this thing has to come out eventually due to contractual obligations. Unless Axl paid Rockfuel upfront, I would wager they are still owed a good chunk of change for their efforts. Producing one of these DVDs isn't cheap - bills will have to be paid. Unless, of course, that explains why tickets for the Toronto show a few weeks ago was in the $150-$450 range.

But seriously, Axl and Team Brazil will likely be on the hook for hundreds of thousands of dollars if this thing doesn't get released. It's the same reason why I always believed Chinese Democracy would eventually find its way to the public. These endeavors are too expensive to simply bury.

Not to be all negative nancy here. But with CD, the only GnR release to actually happen since 1999, that took years. :unsure:

Thanks for the update HV. I would love to know what all the 'usual issues' are when pertaining to GnR because they certainly crop up a lot. I don't think anyone ( Axl, his management, label) has ever concisely explained this. The word issues is bandied round a lot and of course people assume that this relates to Axl himself but maybe it doesn't in the way we think.

Thinking about it the issue of 'issues' perhaps should be one of the first questions put to Axl because understanding what relationship he has with his label would go a long way to explaining a lot of other long standing questions.