**FAQ UPDATE IN FIRST POST 6/16** Guns N' Roses Appetite For Democracy 3D Concert Film/DVD/Blu-Ray

rockfuel

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I want to see it and experience one of the best times I have had!

Watching a video will be one of the "best times" you've ever had?
No Gro, I was there and it was one of the best times I have had. I want to relive that .

No Gro, I was there and it was one of the best times I have had. I want to relive that .

Just out of curiosity, and I'm not being a smart-ass here, but what made a rock show one of the best times you've ever had in your entire life?

I've seen GnR three times and they all three have great memories attached to them. And I've seen tons of other rock shows, and those produced great memories. But when I put together the a list of my 50 top memories, I'm not sure any of the concerts would break that top 50 list.

So again, not trying to be sarcastic or harrass you, this is a serious question. What was it about a three hour rock concert that produced such a life changing moment for you?

I was at the 2002 show in Tacoma (after the opening canada show was cancelled) and ten years later, I can still remember the look in Axl's eyes. I was front row or second row for the entire show, so Axl's face was pretty clear. And seeing my favorite singer up close and personal was a great life memory. Just for me, anyway, though when I start thinking of things I've accomplished, mixed in with things related to my three children (birth, first step, first word, first home run, etc).......seeing Axl live - while amazing - is maybe a top 100 list, not a top 5 thing.

Your thoughts? Thanks

Just out of curiosity, and I'm not being a smart-ass here, but what made a rock show one of the best times you've ever had in your entire life?

I've seen GnR three times and they all three have great memories attached to them. And I've seen tons of other rock shows, and those produced great memories. But when I put together the a list of my 50 top memories, I'm not sure any of the concerts would break that top 50 list.

So again, not trying to be sarcastic or harrass you, this is a serious question. What was it about a three hour rock concert that produced such a life changing moment for you?

I was at the 2002 show in Tacoma (after the opening canada show was cancelled) and ten years later, I can still remember the look in Axl's eyes. I was front row or second row for the entire show, so Axl's face was pretty clear. And seeing my favorite singer up close and personal was a great life memory. Just for me, anyway, though when I start thinking of things I've accomplished, mixed in with things related to my three children (birth, first step, first word, first home run, etc).......seeing Axl live - while amazing - is maybe a top 100 list, not a top 5 thing.

Your thoughts? Thanks

One of the best doesn't mean top 5 or even 10. I don't know what number it would rank, but still one of the best in recent memory . What made it special for me is that on one of the nights I got to share the experience with people I really care about. On one night I attended the show with my cousin. He is a big rock fan, and a big GNR fan . I grew up with the guy, so being adults and rocking out to Guns was epic! The whole experience was great. The hotel being pimped all Guns was a plus. Bumping into the group around the hotel. I guess you can say everything about the Guns N Roses residency made it special. Edited by batman007

Batman - cool, thanks for sharing.

My second GnR show was also my teenage son's first rock concert - so that was a pretty special moment. On a side note, we live in a small town of about 7,000 people on an island and get very little sun all year. At that show in LA, a couple extremely hot blond california girls jumped on stage and took their shirts off. I thought my 15 year old son's eyes were going to pop out. I had to explain to him that real women didn't really look like that in the real world....but none the less, he still wanted to imediately move to California.

My second GnR show was also my wife's first concert - so that has a special memory.

And the first show..........well obviously had the emotions of seeing your idol for the first time. And we were nervous all day long because the opening show of the tour had been cancelled by an Axl no show. We were able to go right to the front row exactly when the show started - there was two huge body builder type guys and their girlfriends and they started off to the side of the pit and barged their way through. We just tagged along in line behind them.....and 15 seconds after the show started, we were in the second row. Axl was on fire vocally. His eyes were a mixture of "holy sh*t, I can't believe this is happening" and a combo of being scared like a deer in the headlights, as well as looking like he was having a blast as the show rolled on.

All great memories.

Gro- Both of those shows sounded like a lifetime memory! I'm sure your son will never forget that girl! I can imagine all the cool talks he had with his friends. And that is what I'm talking about, a lifetime memory. I have seen Guns 10 times, and all have been special to me.

We're getting closer to a release data announcement, from the facebook page of Rockfuel :

GNR Appetite For Democracy 3D Cinema and DVD release will be announced shortly, awaiting dates from Interscope. Thanks for your patience !

I hope they did a lot of good mixing in post production for the sake of Axl's vocals. The radio broadcast from the Vegas residency was just dreadful. Whereas a bad mix from a good Axl night is still amazing.

This was not what i meant. They should preview a new mixed song. Not PC that we already heard ....

They've already given us a full length song (above) and the trailer. Doubt they will preview more...

Not trying to be negative, but I checked out some of more of Rockfuels' stuff. Janes Addiction one looked great. Sound and vocals were perfect in the trailer. Lots of energy. Then I checked out the actual show, and it was horrible. I mean REALLY horrible. There were very short periods, seconds, were the vocalist actually hit the notes - and guess what, that's what Rockfuel had put in the trailer (for obvious reasons).

But it made me think about the GN'R release. If the best parts of the show is what's in the trailer, I'm not really sure if I want to see the rest (not saying the trailer was bad, although Axl didn't blow me away).

Edited by Jeez

So an upcoming release of a... release 'date'? Is this for real? We know how valuable 'dates' are when it comes to GnR product, where is the pre-order for this? You know, something real and substantial? I seriously doubt I will hold this blu-ray in my hands before 2014 if ever the way this seems to be progressing...