Axl's hair '09-'13 era

trqster

Why do people care so much about this? Not wishing to make this a Slash v Axl thing but there are pictures out there showing Slash's thinning hair but he sticks a hat on and no one cares. I would have said Slash has the more iconic hair so shouldn't we be worrying more about him if anyone?

No one here cares so much about Slash's hair because Slash isn't in Guns N' Roses any longer.

Why do people care so much about this? Not wishing to make this a Slash v Axl thing but there are pictures out there showing Slash's thinning hair but he sticks a hat on and no one cares. I would have said Slash has the more iconic hair so shouldn't we be worrying more about him if anyone?

No one here cares so much about Slash's hair because Slash isn't in Guns N' Roses any longer.

No. People don't care about Slash's hair because

1- he was never a "sex symbol" like Axl

2- he's aged a lo better, according to most people

3- he uses the hat to cover it

Not to mention that I think Axl's hair gets even more attention because of all the botox and other procedures he's had done over the years that left people wondering what the hell happened to him.

Slash started aging and he just put on his trade mark hat and started working out. Not too out of the ordinary.

Axl starts aging and turns to all sorts of medical procedures and such that make him look like a freak at times.

That is why Axl gets more guff over how he has aged. He is largely always out of shape, and has had bad work done on him that has made him age poorly.

Not a sex symbol. Really? I think he probably was, Axl might have had the edge on him but I'm pretty sure he had a substantial army of admirers.

That is why Axl gets more guff over how he has aged. He is largely always out of shape, and has had bad work done on him that has made him age poorly.

AxlTransform1.jpg
Sooooooooo, that was 7 years ago

8eebb29836083607large.jpgwenn821148.jpg

AxlTransform1.jpg

That was after all the alleged plastic surgery happened. He's just a fat version of 2006 now. No surgeries.

Man, were talking about Axl's hair now?

Either leak something or give us new music GN'R.

6 pages dead in 24 hours in a thread about Axl's hair.

Makes you wonder if we had a new album to talk about how many hundred pages we'd be on by now.

The fact that Axl/Team Brazil would rather us be talking about his hair than new music is kind of sad.

AxlTransform1.jpg

Axl aged incredibly well. He's just fat now from drinking that's all. His choice. I don't think he had much work done, but I would like to know why his face was sooo shiny in 2001-2004. The only other thing I'd say was off were his eyebrows. He struggled to find a good balance.

AxlTransform1.jpg

Axl aged incredibly well. He's just fat now from drinking that's all. His choice. I don't think he had much work done, but I would like to know why his face was sooo shiny in 2001-2004. The only other thing I'd say was off were his eyebrows. He struggled to find a good balance.

Your eyebrow shape can greatly effect how you look. Changing them or trimming them for example can make you look a lot different.

Axl's face looked shiny because of flash.

AxlTransform1.jpg

Your eyebrow shape can greatly effect how you look. Changing them or trimming them for example can make you look a lot different.

Yeah like the NBA finals vid. He trimmed them way too thin. What do you mean flash?

More like multiple chemical peels, botox and a rumored face lift.

Nope. Camera Flash.

The guy didn't have a fucking facelift. Gimme a break here.

Even at his weirdest, if you discount the flash, he doesn't look all that different from the '96 pic:

1176587634f.jpg

axl1996.jpg

axl223hp7.jpg

Edited by Vincent Vega

One thing's for sure...he sure looks to have grown thicker hair in places than he used to have in 1994 and that's what looks weird for me, considering that many here defend that it's still his own natural hair evolving...

'94 - it's clearly visible that his hair is thinning fast...

8eebb29836083607large.jpg

Then 7 years later in '01 Axl shows a full head of much thicker hair...

14327015.jpgsq-axl-rock_rio.jpg

Explain this.

He changed the part. In 1994 his hair was dead and parted to one side. In the late 90's he cut his hair and it grew back healthier and he started parting it in the middle so the sides are equally as full.

Sorry, but the RIR '01 is a lace wig, look how thicker it is compared to the first pic. It looks really good though.

Nothing to do with the parting. Also, if you cut your hair it doesn't magically grow back thicker, it's just an illusion when it's shaved as hair is thicker at the base/follicle than the tip. It still grows back at the same density it was before.

His "shaved" part now is, as someone pointed out before, just where the surgeon's planted his 'new' hairline.

Again, it's not an attack on him, I think it looks pretty good and for someone who's notoriously had a lot of work done to it, it looks fine. (If a TINY bit strange haha)

I think he looks good for his age. His hair has definitely got thinner throughout the years, but he is far from bald. People who go bald or experience thinning of the hair do so because of heredity. The men in my family were completely bald by their early 30s. Ax is all good.

More like multiple chemical peels, botox and a rumored face lift.

Nope. Camera Flash.

The guy didn't have a fucking facelift. Gimme a break here.

Even at his weirdest, if you discount the flash, he doesn't look all that different from the '96 pic:

1176587634f.jpg

axl1996.jpg

axl223hp7.jpg

Camera Flash? I'm talking about Video.

One thing's for sure...he sure looks to have grown thicker hair in places than he used to have in 1994 and that's what looks weird for me, considering that many here defend that it's still his own natural hair evolving...

'94 - it's clearly visible that his hair is thinning fast...

8eebb29836083607large.jpg

Then 7 years later in '01 Axl shows a full head of much thicker hair...

14327015.jpgsq-axl-rock_rio.jpg

Explain this.

He changed the part. In 1994 his hair was dead and parted to one side. In the late 90's he cut his hair and it grew back healthier and he started parting it in the middle so the sides are equally as full.

Sorry, but the RIR '01 is a lace wig, look how thicker it is compared to the first pic. It looks really good though.

Nothing to do with the parting. Also, if you cut your hair it doesn't magically grow back thicker, it's just an illusion when it's shaved as hair is thicker at the base/follicle than the tip. It still grows back at the same density it was before.

His "shaved" part now is, as someone pointed out before, just where the surgeon's planted his 'new' hairline.

Again, it's not an attack on him, I think it looks pretty good and for someone who's notoriously had a lot of work done to it, it looks fine. (If a TINY bit strange haha)

If your hair is dead and has split ends, it looks thinner and straggly. If you cut off the split ends and straggly parts, it will grow back healthier looking.

There are pics from 2001 where his hair is pulled back with sunglasses. He is running around alot too. Not to mention at the end of 2001 when he had some braids you could see his skin. That proves it was not a lace wig.

There are pics from 2001 where his hair is pulled back with sunglasses. He is running around alot too. Not to mention at the end of 2001 when he had some braids you could see his skin. That proves it was not a lace wig.

You might have a point were it not for the fact that lace wigs are designed especially to allow you to do just that without detection. :shrugs: All you need to do is google it.

You might have a point were it not for the fact that lace wigs are designed especially to allow you to do just that without detection. :shrugs: All you need to do is google it.

Axl has had more plastic surgery and wigs than MJ could ever dream. He is the most evil man in history.

Axl has had more plastic surgery and wigs than MJ could ever dream. He is the most evil man in history.
Ooh! Time for your meltdown already is it? I thought we weren't due another one for at least a few more days. :shrugs: