Axl's hair '09-'13 era

trqster

One more thing about redheads, is that there aresome thoughts and some reports that as they grow older, their hair grows blonder or more "sandy" and that they tend to go gray later than other hair colors a lot of the time. That would actually explain why Axl's hair looks almost blond these days.

And red hair is caused by a mutation...so technically, Axl is a mutant. Love it! :)

• Like 1

Does anyone here have an ounce of expertise in this area or are you just looking at hair replacement websites and Axl pictures to speak with authority?

It would be mildly interesting to hear from someone with a lace wig or someone who does hair replacement work.

Otherwise it's as useless as debating plastic surgery or not with a hollywood stars.

Their hair is falling out so they're obsessing over Axl.

Does anyone here have an ounce of expertise in this area or are you just looking at hair replacement websites and Axl pictures to speak with authority?

It would be mildly interesting to hear from someone with a lace wig or someone who does hair replacement work.

Otherwise it's as useless as debating plastic surgery or not with a hollywood stars.

Their hair is falling out so they're obsessing over Axl.

I think this thread is a pretty good indicator of just how little there really is to talk about right now and how bored out of our skulls we all are...

A blurry pic? here is the full video,and you can see it in 1080p.Axl has lost nearly all his hair at least at this side.Check the video from 5:20 to 5:29, but there are other moments that you can see there is no hair over there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy5LKLsmGdM

stop the video at 5:31.

So Axl is again in a lose/lose situation:

- either he puts hat, fans are not happy because we can't see his face

- or he puts no hat, fans are over analyzing his hair and are not happy because he does not have his 30' hairstyle

- or he puts braids, fans are not happy because it's not his hair

I join the fans who are worried about his voice when we know he is capable of far better, but come on, what is this topic?

+100

You can very easily tell Axl never went bald or wore a wig. Here's how:

Axl, 1988

IMG_0029x.jpg

Axl, '87 or 88

axl30.jpg

Axl, 1987-1988

Axl_Auction_4_2013.jpg

Axl, sometime between '97 and 98

356278390.jpg

If Axl went bald in the '90s and was wearing a wig in 2001 and 2002, he would've had to go bald VERY fast after these pix, because he has the same exact hairline in all of them.

December 2000:

f1_Eb_IDZ.jpg

536896_625392570819621_99858958_n.jpg

That hairline in those 87-88 is just weird ( thanks btw, never seen before). Jason newsted thing going on lol? And that latest pic of him, well, thats just scary....and its not even a bad one.

Edited by Kosonen

Awesome pictures. I've never seen a lot of these. Fantastic contributions here.

I must also say that Axl has the ability to look extremely different in photos. It's as if he's got a hundred different possible looks etc.

And that's why judging photos of Axl is very unreliable. The dude can look completely different.

But the hairline debatebis becoming more and more clear. It does appear like he's always had sort of a different/strange/not so defined hairline and that it is likely it has remained the same basically. Of course a good transplant doctor can replicate hairlines, but as I said before, if Axl had an aggressive hair loss issue, there'd be no way in hell he'd have the hair he does now etc.

His hairline was always pretty deep and he was always kind of ashamed because of it. It was mentioned many times that he is used to wear bandanas and hats just to cover it.

I'm not sure if anything changed about it and if his hairlinee ias still the same. Sometimes it looks like it is going bigger but it is normal in his age.

Awesome pictures. I've never seen a lot of these. Fantastic contributions here.

I must also say that Axl has the ability to look extremely different in photos. It's as if he's got a hundred different possible looks etc.

And that's why judging photos of Axl is very unreliable. The dude can look completely different.

But the hairline debatebis becoming more and more clear. It does appear like he's always had sort of a different/strange/not so defined hairline and that it is likely it has remained the same basically. Of course a good transplant doctor can replicate hairlines, but as I said before, if Axl had an aggressive hair loss issue, there'd be no way in hell he'd have the hair he does now etc.

Axl's hairline is not usual.

The thing is, most white men don't have it. Most white guys have an M, U or V shaped hairline.

!BuNhLZ!B2k~$(KGrHqQH-CIEvoprPM73BL+(p20

article-2635733-1E12292A00000578-375_306

mel-gibson-mugshot.jpg

However, Axl's hairline is most commonly seen on black guys:

8a0218a36f4c_sf_9.jpg

tumblr_me6qknB3EH1rlmi4wo1_500.png

thurgoodmarshall.gif

Denzel_Washington__public_domain_.jpg

IMG_0029x.jpg

356278390.jpg

w_axl_rosedotcom_01391_Malibu.jpg

This hairline can also rarely be seen in men of italian descent, but only in those usually from Southern Italy, closer to where North Africa

Pastore-and-Gandolfini-Sopranos.jpg

Save0030d.jpg

Save0020_2.jpg

8_5_1973_3.png

vogue10.jpg

You are correct. Axl does not have one of the typical mail hairlines or patterns etc.

What is interesting is that often, a strong hairline, also recedes strongly. Meaning that, irrelevant of the speed of the recession etc, these strong hairlines become even more pronounced. Perhaps there is a link between a strong hair line and its susceptibility to DHT caused male pattern baldness. And by this I mean, the connection between the two says nothing about likelihood of recession or speed of recession, but that a strong hairline is linked always with a classic male pattern balding situation over time etc. I'm not sure I'm making myself clear at the moment. I guess my suggestion would be that perhaps Axl's hairline may be more resistant to DHT caused male pattern balding/hairline recession etc, only because of its untypical nature.

I think we may have always assumed Axl would be losing his hair/going bald because of a few things:

Someone said he was obsessed with hairloss and shampooed his hair even during concerts.

We heard a tabloid junk story in the media speculating about Axl's hair in the 90's.

And some other celebs have made comments, like Courtney Love etc.

And additionally, Axl always had, according to the general public's perception, light and wispy hair that somehow would be more likely to fall out, even when there was no actual basis for this assumption.

Axl also reinforced this himself, by overdoing his hair at rock in rio and then getting corn rows etc. What may have been purely innocent stylistic moves by Axl, were interpreted as some sort of coverup for hair loss etc.

We really don't know the state of Axl's hair. I think that Axl was seeking to reinvent himself and wouldn't be caught dead coming back with his classic hair style from the Illusion's etc. And we can see he doesn't look good with a middle parted hair style, and short hair is too anti rock and roll etc. So really, what other choices did Axl have in terms of reinventing the hair part of his style?

And then poor Axl gets slammed for it etc. But Axl isn't the type to conform to the pressures or expectations of others. He certainly could have shut everyone up by coming back with the classic hairstyle, but that would just show that he lost that battle and caved in to what others wanted. Also, Axl being a smart dude and long time celebrity would know damn well that there would still he doubters and stories spouting the same hair loss madness, despite his efforts to try and convince them otherwise.

So it was a lose lose situation. Axl knows people will speculate about his hair always etc.

But going back to the topic: his hairline appears to have always been consistently the same. And despite Axl being photogenic, in photos, his appearance various significantly, to the point of almost looking like a different person, or multiple different people. And it's been like for his whole life, or at least what I can see from the photos we have publicly.

This whole thing is funny because a lot of people were convinced there had to have been hairloss, hair transplants, coverup efforts, and all kinds of Axl hair conspiracies etc, when the fact may be that the dude never did a damn thing to his hair and what we see is what it is naturally.