Axl's hair '09-'13 era

trqster

Here we go again....

Bad camera angle, different part. He didn't have a wig in 2001... his hair was healthier and therefore thicker. Dying hair kills it and thins it. He died his hair in the 90s. I knew a girl with thick curly hair, after straightening and dying it for years it got thin and gross looking. She cut her hair short and it grew back thick.

Damn you people can be dense....

Here we go again....

Bad camera angle, different part. He didn't have a wig in 2001... his hair was healthier and therefore thicker. Dying hair kills it and thins it. He died his hair in the 90s. I knew a girl with thick curly hair, after straightening and dying it for years it got thin and gross looking. She cut her hair short and it grew back thick.

Yeah it was totally a wig in 2001.

Here we go again....

Hence why it looked thin compared to the '90s. Logical:

image.jpg

102vygn.jpg

Axl-axl-rose-13051924-500-326.jpg

AxlRose.png

http://s7.postimg.org/y3fy81z8r/f1_Eb_IDZ.jpg

f1_Eb_IDZ.jpg

Axl has naturally thick, wavy hair:

images_1.jpg

images_2.jpg

Axl%20Track2.jpg

w_axl_rosedotcom_00729.sized.jpg

En5RYf2.jpg

600full-w.-axl-rose.jpg

In the late '80s, he began dying and straightening his hair, resulting in the classic UYI era look:

axl%20roses%20x_4bbdfd58%20(1).jpg

If you straighten your hair consistently, and grow it out even longer, it's going to look thinner than it actually is.

In the mid '90s, he cut it very short and his waves were more present:

548a71396760fbcd718b45b7_700.jpg

The likielood is he either stopped straightening it, or straightened it less often or something in 2001, and now doesn't straighten it at all which is why it looks like it does in the 1986 pic:

Axl1.jpg

En5RYf2.jpg

How the hell was his passport photo photographed and posted online? Very creepy.

Probably same way we found out Duff was getting South American visas.

Which was how? Psycho "fan"?

I'd say "passionate" South American fan working at immigration/border control ;)

about dont cry video that i posted "my bollocks" a bad angle........the right par of his head is saved or there is no hair.
Min 529 to end.For more info.

About his hair in rock in rio 2001..............the answer is LACE WIG.

http://www.baldcelebrity.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/axl-rose-lace-wig-picture.jpg

Like Paul stanley

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_hivVNZt_eVs/S8NdK47IsfI/AAAAAAAAC2c/D_1wJPxDVao/s1600/Paul+Stanley+Headshot.jpg

Edited by rudolf1978

548a71396760fbcd718b45b7_700.jpg

Who the hell are those hillbillies?

Friends of Axl's. One of them is named Brooks, who posted that picture.

about dont cry video that i posted "my bollocks" a bad angle........the right par of his head is saved or there is no hair.

Min 529 to end.For more info.

About his hair in rock in rio 2001..............the answer is LACE WIG.

http://www.baldcelebrity.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/axl-rose-lace-wig-picture.jpg

Like Paul stanley

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_hivVNZt_eVs/S8NdK47IsfI/AAAAAAAAC2c/D_1wJPxDVao/s1600/Paul+Stanley+Headshot.jpg

Maybe for that concert, but what about all the offstage photos where it looked thinner, such as this?

6s3xjn.jpg

A lot of rock stars have worn wigs at some point, even if they're not bald. Example Mick Jagger is wearing a wig at this concert because he had his hair cut short for a movie and it didn't grow back fast enough in time for the concert, and he felt short hair didn't fit his rockstar image:

rare_photos_of_famous_people_107.jpg

article-1090439-0059949000000258-749_468

How the hell was his passport photo photographed and posted online? Very creepy.

Probably same way we found out Duff was getting South American visas.

Which was how? Psycho "fan"?

I'd say "passionate" South American fan working at immigration/border control ;)

I wouldn't. "Passionate" doesn't mean you invade someone's privacy since you have boundary issues. It's really creepy

• Like 1

Does anyone here have an ounce of expertise in this area or are you just looking at hair replacement websites and Axl pictures to speak with authority?

It would be mildly interesting to hear from someone with a lace wig or someone who does hair replacement work.

Otherwise it's as useless as debating plastic surgery or not with a hollywood stars.

• Like 2

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Here we go again....

I've seen people wear wigs and it never looked as 'good' as that. It looks like extensions to me but maybe some wigs are amazing?

Anyone think he might have had a weave?

Here we go again....

He NEVER dyed his hair in the 90's. NEVER. Axl is a natural redhead and his color in the 90's was natural red. His hair was healthy too.

The only time I think he dyed it was for the first Rock in Rio. It was unnaturally dark back then.

Yeah, a friend of mine saw Axl in 1992, I think, and she told me then that his hair had a strange colour, as if it was almost pink. We should ask Marc. His wife did Axl's hair, didn't she? Then again, it's not that important.

Those picture from the 90's are not a very good example to know the real color of his hair. Many of them are photoshopped or altered in some manner. Plus, cameras weren't what they are now and most of those pics are scans from old magazines.

I base my opinion on watching videos. Image quality is way better and there's no photoshop to do any trick.

At some point he must have dyed his hair a little darker red - maybe just some temporary dye:

600full-w.-axl-rose.jpg

If you look at his childhood photos this would be his natural color.

Somewhere in 90's his hair was more like brown than red.

It's been brought up here before, but red hair is notorious for looking as though it's different colors when it's in the light, when it's been washed, when it's been treated with product, how much sun the person is getting, etc. It's not at all uncommon for redheads to have natural variations in hair color over time.

On this page they have a bunch of childhood photos, and even there you can see that his hair looks darker sometimes and lighter other times. http://www.gunsnrosesbrasil.com/gunsnroses/index.php?/noticias/axl-rose-completa-50-anos-de-idade

In that photo Axl's out in the sun. In most pictures we see of him, he's either in a dark concert hall or he's in a photo studio. That one side of his head does look weird but otherwise the magical changing hair color is a natural thing for many redheads.

Edited by stella
  • Like 1

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Yeah I agree but he defo put in some red dye in the late 80s. Maybe just for a short period.

His hair looked brown/blonde in the 90s. I also agree on the camera and different lightening could make his hair shade look weird. Even my own hair can look really blonde or really dark depending on the lighting.

Edited by Sleeping Like An Angel

Seriously, why would he go through the hell of dying his hair? And to dye it red??? What for? He's a redhead already!

I know what dyed hair looks like and I know he never did it back in the day. No need for it. And ultimately, changing hair color is more of a woman thing.

The pictures are deceiving because of what Stella said...lightining, old cameras, indoors, outdoors. Just watch the videos and you will see he's totally a redhead. Also look at his facial hair, eyebrows and eye color.

• Like 1