Axl's hair '09-'13 era

trqster

He infact has spent a huge amount of money to make it look like he never did anything to it.

A natural look here is testament to what modern beautification surgery and medicine is capable of. It is not testament to how Axl never had trouble with his hair.

A lot of repressed homoerotocism coming to the forefront in this thread.

When you're sure about yourself and your sexuality then you'll have no problems discussing whatever you want about people you admire, even if they're the same sex as you are. Weird thing to me, is when you read sort of homophobic comments coming from (self-assured) 'macho' guys in threads of obvious nature (just read the title) and that supposedly don't interest them at all in the first place but still find the time to read and comment on them.... :awesomeface:

When you're sure about yourself and your sexuality then you'll have no problems discussing whatever you want about people you admire, even if they're the same sex as you are. Weird thing to me, is when you read sort of homophobic comments coming from (self-assured) 'macho' guys in threads of obvious nature (just read the title) and that supposedly don't interest them at all in the first place but still find the time to read and comment on them.... :awesomeface:

He struck a nerve didn't he? :)

By the many off-topic comments going on lots of 'macho' forum posters nerves must have been struck... :)

Well back to the topic...does anyone know what year was this photo taken? It was from a period when Axl started to exhibit some cornrows here and there. I found cool that hairstyle, before he went the full bezerk cornrows predator hairstyle. :suspicious:

axl2005.jpg

Edited by trqster

By the many off-topic comments going on lots of 'macho' forum posters nerves must have been struck... :)

Well back to the topic...does anyone know what year was this photo taken? It was from a period when Axl started to exhibit some cornrows here and there. I found cool that hairstyle, before he went the full bezerk cornrows predator hairstyle. :suspicious:

axl2005.jpg

End of 2001.

axl2005.jpg

End of 2001.

He looks great i never think that Axl in RIR01 was wearing a lacer wig.Maybe because the last time i new of him was 1993.For me he was ok.

IMO what currently favours Axl's hair and overall looks the most is by wearing just a bandana with his '06-'07 shirts & stuff, exactly like he looks here in 2010:

axlrose-march2010-chile-001.jpeg

Easily Axl's best look post-2006. He looks way better without all the layers, hats, and glasses.

IMO what currently favours Axl's hair and overall looks the most is by wearing just a bandana with his '06-'07 shirts & stuff, exactly like he looks here in 2010:

Easily Axl's best look post-2006. He looks way better without all the layers, hats, and glasses.

Agreed. That's how you would expect axl to look at age 50. If he just wore a t-shirt and a bandanna and maybe took off the bandanna for 1 or 2 songs a night, people would complain much less about his looks. He doesn't need to wear all these stupid coats and hats, all they do is make him look like an overweight old guy who ate axl.

Agreed. That's how you would expect axl to look at age 50. If he just wore a t-shirt and a bandanna and maybe took off the bandanna for 1 or 2 songs a night, people would complain much less about his looks. He doesn't need to wear all these stupid coats and hats, all they do is make him look like an overweight old guy who ate axl.

People around here will always find something to complain about... No matter what it is.

People around here will always find something to complain about... No matter what it is.

True. If he improved his looks, people complain about his voice, both those improve, people will go back to complaining about a reunion, if a reunion happened, people would complain about axl giving up on the new band. No matter what he does, the guy will never win, but he can make the best of what he is and give 100% and tell the people who still have a problem to fuck off.

• 1 year later...

En5RYf2.jpg

Axl1.jpg

f1_Eb_IDZ.jpg

19940119photo04.jpg

That bottom photo gets me every time. The speech, the backstage footage of him greeting fellow band members/writers & then singing with Bruce Springsteen I can watch over & over. Yet I think it wasn't long after his breakup with SS so I wonder if he was feeling low at that time.

How the hell was his passport photo photographed and posted online? Very creepy.

Wondered the same myself.

Like, I get there's being a fan and having pictures of Axl out and about in public and shots from magazines etc but a passport photo? Total invasion of privacy.

There's some good info in this thread. I think Axl was using a lot of conditioner back in the 80's and 90's and blow drying etc. Basically his hair appeared as smooth, thin, and wispy as possible but that was sort of artificial.

Stop using conditioners and blow drying and you're going to have thicker looking hair.

I think Axl could have had work done, but what puzzles me is that regardless of attempts to make the hair thin in appearance, Axl still doesn't have thick hair. Therefore, if Axl was aggressively balding, there'd be about zero chance that hair work could be visually successful.

Any idea how many hairs would have to be successfully transplanted to just prevent the appearance of balding? It is a lot. And usually the hair is then kept short because it is easier to strategically handle it to make the most coverage appear etc.

So I think hair transplants in Axl would be very difficult to do or have be successful etc.

But his hair line is challenging because there are times it looks the exact same as always or with a slight progression. And then there are some photos where his hairline looks like it was transplanted. And I am starting to think that these transplant appearance photos may just be the result of hair styling and not evidence of transplant work. Looks as if he uses hair spray or gels or perhaps other thickeners to make a naturally progressing hairline show no progression etc.

If you look in those 2009 concerts photos etc, Axl is running around with a flowing shiny bouncing head of hair. That look specifically can't be duplicated with a transplant or any other appearance methods or tricks. That is Axl's real hair. And it looks extremely healthy, with no sign of hair loss.

Therefore, I think Axl has had some natural progression of the hairline at most, and some photos appear to show the use of sprays and gels to bolster the natural hairline, even though those are unlikely needed. Axl.is a perfectionist after all.

There is one photo of Axl wearing funky glasses and it shows his hairline and to me it looks like there was transplant work. But then, other photos invalid that.

Long story short, Axl does have a relatively thick and healthy set of hair, and will likely maintain that for the rest of his life. And there will likely be progression, but nothing devastating.

And also, cornrows for all those years etc: you attach those to thin or hair predisposed to balding, and you'll lose that hair in no time. There's no way that those cornrows could have been used as a coverup for a balding Axl. Not only would it not work, but they would have destroyed his hair, and we would have known it by now. Therefore, this was simply a style move and not some sort of balding conspiracy coverup move.

Additionally, at Rock in Rio 2001, his hair does look artificially dark and thick, and it was no doubt dyed and thickened with sprays and gels etc. Why did he do this? Doubt it was a coverup for hair loss but more than likely another case of Axl's over the top perfectionism.

That passport photo is very interesting. What years are on there? Would be very interesting to know. That's a good photo to use for this analysis.

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

When you think back, Axl had very light, delicate, thin, whispy hair. Even in like 1994 it was short and thin looking. He naturally wasn't blessed with good, strong hair.

God knows how bad it was before the braids went in. We don't have many pictures but it looks like he experimented with hair extensions of some sort before the braids.

When he took out the braids his hair was as whispy and light as ever. Which is to be expected, but I don't get why he just doesn't get some good hair extensions in. He has the money, Not to make it longer, but just to make it look thicker.

Also focus on the timeline: in end of 2009 he came back with a total other optical hair outfit again: much shorter, no braids etc. he said that 2008-2009 was his "hardest year ever", that included CD release times but also Beta struggle times and......hair trouble times again. that also might have been a reason to hide until end of 2009 again.