Axl's hair '09-'13 era

trqster

I'm sure I once read that male pattern baldness as well as being genetic was related to high testosterone levels. Going on his younger years I don't think this is a hormone Axl was lacking.

He probably has had some hair work done at some point. It would be in keeping with his character, I seem to remember one of the other old guns saying how he paid a lot of attention to dying his hair, eyebrows and lashes.

You can't blame him really he has a job that gets him scrutinized at every turn. That said I don't think it's a recent transplant, I get the impression he cares less now than perhaps 5-10 years ago. People tend to reach some level of self acceptance the older they get. It has to be the case otherwise we would have distraught pensioners topping themselves on every street corner.

tumblr_m525udK4A11rnfvefo1_500.jpg

3ectgzgtux4gtczg.jpg

axl-rose-082393-230p.jpg

The way your hair is parted and how long it is grown out can greatly effect how thick it looks. The guy hasn't had transplants or this or that, his hair has just gotten thinner. If one was to get a transplant they wouldn't get one that looks so sparse and thin. The idea of a transplant is to make it appear like you have no hairloss, not to make it look like you have thinning hair.

Edited by Vincent Vega

Axl has always had fine hair. It doesn't look like he's really done anything to it- it just looks like a natural progression of a Dude's hairline at age 51. Remember, he wore hats and bandana's when he was younger, too.

ScreenShot2013-03-18at65756PM_zps48755df

looked pretty close to 2013 hairlines to me..

The facts:

1st) This ...

That's the side of his head being shaved. People don't go bald in one giant square :)

You know ... some users can't understand this "shaving thing" because they don't even have enough beard on their faces.

2nd) That long forehead has always been there. In the 90's he used his fringe to cover it. But, go see the 2006 videos, when he wore braids and no fringe ... eureka, there's the long forehead.

3rd) The lack of density of his air ... happens to everyone over the years ... it even happened to all ex-gunners

4th) Regarding the "hair transplant" ... it would only make sense to say that, if someone could prove that, at some point, he got more hair than he used to have ... but it seems to me that it is precisely the opposite that some users are trying to prove.

Now, kids can go back to bed and leave people and their hair (or baldness) in peace.

Edited by GUNNER PT

The guy hasn't had transplants or this or that, his hair has just gotten thinner. If one was to get a transplant they wouldn't get one that looks so sparse and thin. The idea of a transplant is to make it appear like you have no hairloss, not to make it look like you have thinning hair.

Not true I'm afraid. You can only transplant what you have to spare and if the loss is pretty extensive you can only move so much hair to cover the balding areas. If you're pretty far gone as far as the hairloss is concerned then it doesn't matter how much money you've got or how good your doctor is. If you're badly balding then unless you want to be full on top and completely bald at the sides then you're not going to get a perfect result.

Regarding the "hair transplantation" ... it would only make sense to say that, if someone could prove that, at some point, he got more hair than he used to have ... but it seems to me that it is precisely the opposite that some users are trying to prove.

Well it's pretty obvious that his hair was much much thicker around 2000/01 than it was back in the early 90's so he was at the very least wearing a wig back then.

The guy hasn't had transplants or this or that, his hair has just gotten thinner. If one was to get a transplant they wouldn't get one that looks so sparse and thin. The idea of a transplant is to make it appear like you have no hairloss, not to make it look like you have thinning hair.

Not true I'm afraid. You can only transplant what you have to spare and if the loss is pretty extensive you can only move so much hair to cover the balding areas. If you're pretty far gone as far as the hairloss is concerned then it doesn't matter how much money you've got or how good your doctor is. If you're badly balding then unless you want to be full on top and completely bald at the sides then you're not going to get a perfect result.

>Regarding the "hair transplantation" ... it would only make sense to say that, if someone could prove that, at some point, he got more hair than he used to have ... but it seems to me that it is precisely the opposite that some users are trying to prove.

Well it's pretty obvious that his hair was much much thicker around 2000/01 than it was back in the early 90's so he was at the very least wearing a wig back then.

Judging by how Axl looked in '94 and '98 and out of watching a lot of videos regarding hair transplants due to curiosity, he would've DEFINITELY had enough hair for the donor area to create a very full hairline. As it is, his hairline is in the same spot where it's always been and is greatly thinner and he's lost a bit in the front where the bangs used to hang. The areas that were thin in the '94 pics are gone. Like I said in my baldness, one can experience hairloss without ending up bald as a cueball. There's all different types. Also, one can have stress/lifestyle induced hairloss or medication induced hairloss that is reversible. Axl was on bipolar medication and tons of herbal shit and 28 different vitamin supplements in the early '90s; it probably had an effect which stopped when he stopped using them. He might also take better care of his hair now than the did back in the day.

Why do people care so much about this? Not wishing to make this a Slash v Axl thing but there are pictures out there showing Slash's thinning hair but he sticks a hat on and no one cares. I would have said Slash has the more iconic hair so shouldn't we be worrying more about him if anyone?

Why do people care so much about this? Not wishing to make this a Slash v Axl thing but there are pictures out there showing Slash's thinning hair but he sticks a hat on and no one cares. I would have said Slash has the more iconic hair so shouldn't we be worrying more about him if anyone?

I think the cornrows and dreads that Axl used to cover his hairloss are what made people pay attention more than anything.

• Like 1

Guest Len B'stard

I'd love to run up behind him with a big orange rubber Tango hand like the old adverts, smack his head and run by going "SLAPHEEEEAD!!!" :lol: Maturity 101, Mon to Fri, 9am til 5pm

I think the cornrows and dreads that Axl used to cover his hairloss are what made people pay attention more than anything.

Weiland and the guy from the Pigeons of shit metal(forget their real band name) also said Axl was bald and/or wore a wig... That didn't help lol.

I remember hearing on the radio in the early 2000's that Axl had suffered a botched hair transplant surgery... Then he shows up with the braids... I think he had to have something done because its pretty obvious he had hair braided in... Natural corn rows typically have scalp rows between each braided row... Axl's hair looked glued on.

I think he his hair would be better now if he grew it out a little more. It was longer during the USA tour in 2011... he cut it around the UCAP shows.

In the end his hari hasnt been right since the corn rows, whatever the reason only he knows but one would think with his money he could do a little better

FYI--

A person's hair texture changes around every seven years. Depending on the person the change can be subtle or great.

My own hair went from straight except in the back if grown long (as a kid),, to wavy (early teens), to very curly (late-late teens), to wavy (19-20), and back to being very curly (in the past 2 years or so)

Edited by Vincent Vega

Axl has always had fine hair. It doesn't look like he's really done anything to it- it just looks like a natural progression of a Dude's hairline at age 51. Remember, he wore hats and bandana's when he was younger, too.

ScreenShot2013-03-18at65756PM_zps48755df

looked pretty close to 2013 hairlines to me..

Hummm..... :suspicious:

screenshot20130318at912.png

Definitely a thicker more solid hairline in the recent photo as compared to the early 90s photo....

You also have to take into account how good Axl's hair hygiene was, his stress level back then, the fact that he was on medication and a variety of vitamin supplements. Could explain the difference. Hell, my hair looks different depending on what kind of shampoos/conditioners I use.

Definitely a thicker more solid hairline in the recent photo as compared to the early 90s photo....

You also have to take into account how good Axl's hair hygiene was, his stress level back then, the fact that he was on medication and a variety of vitamin supplements. Could explain the difference. Hell, my hair looks different depending on what kind of shampoos/conditioners I use.

al

all those factors dont replace density at the frontal hairline..

something he never explained clearly but according to Axl 2009 was the "hardest year" for him (check audio 12/2009 shows).

as he lost his 2006/07 braids and end of 2009 had ears about ear length only and from there on covered his head with bandanas and hats again + adding lots of pounds....there is a working theory that he had some serious looking problems, add the CD release trouble, the Beta/Doug "betraying" and all the silence in most of 2008/09....makes sense, huh?

al

all those factors dont replace density at the frontal hairline..

Sure it can. Hell even using certain hair products can make your hair look thinner than it is.

A blurry pic? here is the full video,and you can see it in 1080p.Axl has lost nearly all his hair at least at this side.Check the video from 5:20 to 5:29, but there are other moments that you can see there is no hair over there.

stop the video at 5:31.

are u ever heard of SIDE PARTING ??? Most of his hair goes to the left side (his per)

i have the same hair style. Long hair with side parting.

In 2001 (Rock In Rio 2001 too) he had hair with middle parting

In 1992 he had his hair with side parting like in the 2013 video

so he had his hair with side parting again!.