New Buckethead Pikes Discussion

Cosmo

Last year there was a sale on all of the Pikes available at the time, which I bought. I'll still need to see what has been released since then so I know what else to buy. I'm a little overwhelmed though, in a good way, with all of the material.

Three questions. Which Pikes are:

The most relaxing?
The spookiest besides the "Days Till Halloween" Pikes?
The kind you'd want to drive your car real fast to?

I'll be listening to everything at some point, but I would like to create some playlists.

New freebie song
https://music.bucketheadpikes.com/track/the-dream-bridge

On 9/18/2020 at 11:10 AM, WayTooManyOstriches said:

Last year there was a sale on all of the Pikes available at the time, which I bought. I'll still need to see what has been released since then so I know what else to buy. I'm a little overwhelmed though, in a good way, with all of the material.

Three questions. Which Pikes are:

The most relaxing?
The spookiest besides the "Days Till Halloween" Pikes?
The kind you'd want to drive your car real fast to?

I'll be listening to everything at some point, but I would like to create some playlists.

For "most relaxing", my favorites are Infinity of the Spheres, Pearson's Square & Cycle
Spookiest I'd give to Twilight Constrictor, Marble Monsters & Grand Gallery
For driving fast, Worms for the Garden, Claymation Courtyard & Aquarium

• Like 3

Thank you both! I'm obsessively listening to Buckethead now. My only gripe is I bought Enter The Chicken (loving Nottingham Lace!) from Amazon and only after downloading it of course do I find out there's a bonus track called "Shen Chi" that you can only get by buying the CD from Serj Tankarian's store. Even though I bought the digital I'd buy the CD for that bonus track...except it's sold out! I love you Bucket, but please make it easier for us to buy all of your stuff.

Thanks again for the recommendations. My wallet will hate this, but I'll be back for more!

11 hours ago, WayTooManyOstriches said:

Thank you both! I'm obsessively listening to Buckethead now. My only gripe is I bought Enter The Chicken (loving Nottingham Lace!) from Amazon and only after downloading it of course do I find out there's a bonus track called "Shen Chi" that you can only get by buying the CD from Serj Tankarian's store. Even though I bought the digital I'd buy the CD for that bonus track...except it's sold out! I love you Bucket, but please make it easier for us to buy all of your stuff.

Thanks again for the recommendations. My wallet will hate this, but I'll be back for more!

I agree wholeheartedly with the statement I've bolded. I've been back on a huge Buckethead binge (and grab) lately and in the past year I've gotten more serious about collecting vinyl. I'd love to purchase a few of Bucket's releases but the Pikes website makes it fairly difficult to easily tell what is still in stock or not.

On 9/20/2020 at 7:05 PM, James Bond said:

I agree wholeheartedly with the statement I've bolded. I've been back on a huge Buckethead binge (and grab) lately and in the past year I've gotten more serious about collecting vinyl. I'd love to purchase a few of Bucket's releases but the Pikes website makes it fairly difficult to easily tell what is still in stock or not.

Email them mate. I'm missing a few vinyls as well so I'm hoping he does a second pressing. If a few of us email they might see the demand.

Over the years I've spent more money on Bucket than any other artist. Got hundreds of CD's, signed editions, rarities, DVD's and more.

I'm a completist. I kind of wish I'd never discover Bucket as a consequence!

5 hours ago, ToonGuns said:

Email them mate. I'm missing a few vinyls as well so I'm hoping he does a second pressing. If a few of us email they might see the demand.

Over the years I've spent more money on Bucket than any other artist. Got hundreds of CD's, signed editions, rarities, DVD's and more.

I'm a completist. I kind of wish I'd never discover Bucket as a consequence!

The Pikes series alone makes me glad I'm not a completionist. It's overwhelming enough just to look at the list. :lol:

I ordered the Ghost Host vinyl for now. It ends up being approximately $50 Canadian after shipping/US conversion so as much as I wanted to click through as many as I could I thought I'd start there. I might send them an e-mail though to see if there is any possible way of getting a more user friendly list of what is in stock or not.

11 minutes ago, James Bond said:

The Pikes series alone makes me glad I'm not a completionist. It's overwhelming enough just to look at the list. :lol:

I ordered the Ghost Host vinyl for now. It ends up being approximately $50 Canadian after shipping/US conversion so as much as I wanted to click through as many as I could I thought I'd start there. I might send them an e-mail though to see if there is any possible way of getting a more user friendly list of what is in stock or not.

Good luck, I had to wait almost half a year for my vinyl edition of Roller Coaster Track Repair 

Starting a new recording project in October called "Music In Pictures". Using the artwork of the 78 tarot cards to make 78 tracks of music based on Pamela Colman Smith's artwork. This will be completed in May of 2021 in celebration of her life and her amazing artistry.
http://www.bucketheadpikes.com/pamela.html

"Statue for Bootsy"
All the money for this recording is going towards building a statue of Bootsy that will be put in Downtown Cincinatti, Ohio.
He truly is a hero with the kindest heart.

a1839980756_2.jpg
https://music.bucketheadpikes.com/track/statue-for-bootsy

Edited by Gackt
  • Thanks 1

Pike #281 -  The Sea Remembers Its Own
a3522537299_2.jpg
https://music.bucketheadpikes.com/album/the-sea-remembers-its-own

Pike #282 - Toys R Us Tantrums
a2634877770_2.jpg
https://music.bucketheadpikes.com/album/toys-r-us-tantrums

a new spoken word piece, Child Perspective, featuring Barry Michels available as a free download
https://music.bucketheadpikes.com/track/child-perspective

Edited by Gackt
  • Thanks 1

On 10/5/2020 at 7:57 PM, James Bond said:

My Ghost Host vinyl arrived safe and sound today, so I can't complain about the shipping speed at all. Going to give it a spin tonight!

Nice! Mine spins very well. Love it on vinyl. I've got 4 more on order,  hopefully I won't get smashed with an import tax.

I reckon we'll see an EVH tribute soon from Bucket.

2 hours ago, ToonGuns said:

Nice! Mine spins very well. Love it on vinyl. I've got 4 more on order,  hopefully I won't get smashed with an import tax.

I reckon we'll see an EVH tribute soon from Bucket.

The re-recording of Ghost Host itself is a smash. The definitive version in my opinion, thanks to the newly refined solo. Definitely makes me want to get a few more Bucket vinyls! If only the exchange rate wasn't eating me.

And yes I'd all but guarantee an Eddie tribute song.

28 minutes ago, cqleonardo said:

wait, someone help me out here... last Pike I have is Dreamthread and last album is Sigil... how many more things he released since those?

There's been 8 pike albums released this year, one is still unreleased digitally

Linked at the top of this page are various singles he's released as well, that aren't attached to a specific album (yet)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gackt said:

There's been 8 pike albums released this year, one is still unreleased digitally

Linked at the top of this page are various singles he's released as well, that aren't attached to a specific album (yet)

thank you! just updated my Pikes, gonna give these a listen

Just now, nikosgnr said:

Any Pike suggestions like the "bluesy" style of "Too Many Humans" or "Population Override" in general?

Thanks.

If you're a fan of Population Override, you should give the Thanatopsis & Dragons of Eden albums a try; they're all projects that Buckethead worked on with Travis Dickerson, and have a similar style to each other.

For Pikes that have the chill of PO, I always go to albums like Infinity of the Spheres & Cycle.

• Thanks 1