Axl Rose out at London Nightclub

Amir

whoever says Duff looks bad knowing what he's been through is a total moron.

One has nothing to do with the other Does Duff look "weathered?" (being tactful)

Yes, but so would anyone else who drank/drugged to the degree of causing vital organs to explode.

People age, there is only one alternative-

Get over it.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sigh, it looks like some people here should google what a fat person looks like. Axl might have 1-4 kilos around his waist he could live without,

but that just makes him normal weight. He has less fat than 90% of the people on this forum.

Not fit… he is running around the hot stage in a leather jacket and singing for 3 hours on concerts nights!

I guess that means he has to do some cardio 2-3 hours about every second day and voice exercises daily.

His body type is maybe more that of a Brad Pitt, who could build muscle for Troy, but said it was a lot of work to keep it on

and stopped trying after a while. He might also be of the type who cannot eat anything salty or late in the evening,

drink alcohol even moderately, sleep too little … without it showing on his face.

I have seen Axl’s face from close enough and he is still the best looking one of the classic line-up (or younger looking than Billy Idol live).

It is understandable if an average person notes that he is older than in 1987, but people on this forum should know it by now.

Agree, IMO "most" people here are not anywhere close to 50, they don't relate/nor reflect b4 making derogatory/stupid statements.

Axl is 51 years old for Christ sake. I think he looks fine. I do think he should give his voice a rest, and take better care of it. But as far as how he looks fuck n a, do some comparisons. Check out guys of the same era. Jack Russell (Great White) Janni Lane (RIP) Stephan Piercey (Ratt) Vince Neal (Mötley Crüe) they all have something in common. They all abused the shit out of there bodies and they aged. It happens.

He looks pretty good and gets around great for a 50 yr old. A little overweight, but not compared to most 50 yr olds. People need to lay off a little bit. I'm just glad he is alive and still going. Who would of ever thought Axl would still be going in his 50's years ago? If 20 years ago someone would asked you the question: "who would live to be 50 and still performing, Axl Rose or Whitney Houston". I would of bet a lot of money that it wouldn't of been Axl. We need to give him a break. Everyone wants these rock stars to never age and look the same as we remember them in their heyday. Some of these people need to open up their high school yearbook and see how they compare today, probably not so good.

I've shown these photos to some old Gn'R fans and the reaction was similar in the line of: "WTF happened to Axl? So sad..."

I've also shown some recent Slash, Duff & Izzy and the same guys thought that they looked fine, although a little older (duh).

Axl is barely recognizable these days and pretty much a ridiculous looking middle aged overweight man and decadent rock star - I've got to admit it, no matter how big of an Axl fan I am. :no:

Let's see a pic of you for comparison, you r how old?

People here worse than a gaggle of middle aged housewives playing looky-loo

I certainly wasn't any sex-symbol rockstar on my youth so the comparison here is ridiculous really... :suspicious:

Axl should be compared to other musicians about the same age he is - that's a fair comparison. I've done just that earlier on with other ex-Gunners and it doesn't do Axl any favours...

A few more examples? Sure, here's a few frontmen...

Billy Idol (57)

7504260012_03726c24ce_z.jpg

Bon Jovi (51)

1242089-jon-bon-jovi-617-409.jpg

Eddie Vedder (49)

EddieVedder-588.jpg

James Hetfield (49)

Download-Festival-2012-james-hetfield-31

Anthony Kiedis (50)

Red-Hot-Chili-Peppers.jpg

I've shown these photos to some old Gn'R fans and the reaction was similar in the line of: "WTF happened to Axl? So sad..."

I've also shown some recent Slash, Duff & Izzy and the same guys thought that they looked fine, although a little older (duh).

Axl is barely recognizable these days and pretty much a ridiculous looking middle aged overweight man and decadent rock star - I've got to admit it, no matter how big of an Axl fan I am. :no:

I certainly wasn't any sex-symbol rockstar on my youth so the comparison here is ridiculous really... :suspicious:

Axl should be compared to other musicians about the same age he is - that's a fair comparison. I've done just that earlier on with other ex-Gunners and it doesn't do Axl any favours...

Billy Idol (57)

Bon Jovi (51)

Eddie Vedder (49)

EddieVedder-588.jpg

James Hetfield (49)

Anthony Kiedis (50)

And because you are a *never was* is ur excuse 4 unrealistic expectation? Don't really see how kedis figures into this equasion- apples n' oranges.

Not like u r comparing 2 puppies from the same litter.

Billy Idol (57)

Bon Jovi (51)

Eddie Vedder (49)

EddieVedder-588.jpg

James Hetfield (49)

Anthony Kiedis (50)

So, because u r a never-was, it compels u 2 have unrealistic expectations? :drool:

Why post pics of kedis? Christ they aren't puppies from the same litter. :crazy: :crazy:

Edited by Pheline

Anthony Kiedis kept himself in shape, but his facial look is very odd now. Emo haircut and a mustache?

what about axl with his old lady hair and mustache? lol. anthony looks great.

Anthony looks horrid IMO.

Eddie Vedder has the same haircut as Axl, as do lots of 80s rockstars. Noone complains about them.

Not sure why people are so caught up in someone's looks. How it affects my enjoyment of his music is not important. I rarely comment in threads that pertain to the visual aspects of GNR, but whether Axl gains a few pounds or looks a little worse for wear really shouldn't affect how people consider him as an artist. Now his voice on the other hand....

Weell, the bloated face and eyes make it looks as if he's drinking heavt and doing a lot of coke; not sure if you've seen GnR live or on youtube but the weight he's carrying sure could impact his ability to lose his breath....duh
No, not really. Not if he's using diaphragmatic breathing. The idea is to fill the diaphragm, not just rely just on lung capacity. If cardiovascular conditioning and/or lung capacity were barriers to being able to get sufficient breath support, you'd never see any singer who is overweight being able to perform professionally. Clearly that's not the case.

I've seen this argument many times and I just don't think it holds any water whatsoever.

Ali

So then explain to me why he's always winded and out of breath on stage and off to his oxygen tank during solo's, band jams and anytime he's mot singing?

Yeah, I'm going on 40 and where the same size pants I wore in High School, 32x32

Yeah, I'm going on 40 and where the same size pants I wore in High School, 32x32

Gotcha beat, over 50 and wearing a 33×34.