Axl Rose 40 minutes before the Tokyo show Dec/2012

Angeles_

Sertanejo Universitário... God, NO!

Manets, think in another way: It could be worst, instead of Sertanejo Universitário, it could be Funk carioca!

HOLD ON!!!! THEY HAVE MEXICANS IN JAPAN????????

lol

Do i need to bring you a map? LOL

Holy shit, what an awful glimpse into a miserable life that was. Ugh! He just looks so thoroughly fucking MISERABLE. What a sour puss. And who can blame him? He's in some isolated weird club in Japan full of Brazilians or some other South Americans. And all these weirdos and creeps are fawning all over him, and there are NO hot girls. And the club is tacky and ugly and playing shitty music and it's fucking empty. Beta hovering over his shoulder the whole time. Some poor Japanese woman (translator?) sitting next to him with a stone blank stare on her face while he sits there and SCOWLS. Jesus.

And if this was indeed 40 minutes before he was supposed to hit the stage, no wonder the show started 2 hours late and I missed my train. Roppongi is nowhere near the venue!!

OH C'mon now, being Brazilian or south American does not mean ur a creep, or whatever terminology you used. Tsk, tsk

Secondly, can't honestly pinpoint what led to the seemingly downcast mood.

Thirdly, Angeles your link somehow broke. :shrugs:

Howsit going? Keep smiling :heart:

Edited by sailaway

It's wierd how axl keeps glancing at the camra with a dirty look on his face.

Would you Want camera in your face at inopportune moments?

Christ that may just mean he is human!!!

:shock:

Edited by sailaway

I don't see him as giving dirty looks or anything many of you seem to see. He's just being polite getting his photo taken with people he doesn't know - that's part of his job. You can't expect him to be laughing & backslapping people he doesn't know & calling for a photo unless it's someone he's excited to see (like Paul McCartney, Elton John etc) plus he doesn't speak the language with these guys.

Good on him for not knocking them back like he did in one video where he autographed a guitar but said no photos, he said he always hates having his photo taken but it's the job he chose, he wanted to be famous & he'd be the same with Elvis if he met him.

I just wish they'd kept filming him when he leant towards the guy in the hat, we'd rather see him than the guy going to the bar, hugging a girl, getting a pen & walking back. Strange that he's not with the other band members before the show, maybe they all sit seperately getting their minds ready for the gig.

• 7 months later...

Have they taken it off? It was a great video of him a la natural, I have it in my secret vault together with stills as my screen saver. It's probably the only time he's been seen with fans without the bling - pity they didn't film more.

Could you share please? Just curious as to the 'great video of him a la natural' tbh.

Cheers

Yes, that's the one. I thought Axl looked very good, although bored. You have to see the video to really understand just how Goddam bored he must have been...

AxlTokyo5.jpg

AxlTokyo6-1.jpg

I think he looked very cool in these photos. That is a typical Axl pose in the second screenshot :axl:

Edited by Lindy100

I remember this video. The happiest he looked in the video is when he's commenting on one of the fans cowboy hats :lol:

Yes and he then leaned in to speak to the guy when the silly camera diverted away - I just wanted to see him chatting even if you didn't know what he said but I think I did hear the word America.

And for those of you pleading for me to share it I live on the other side of the world so it was during the night/morning you're all begging me for it. :lol:

I don't know if I can share it here, I downloaded it onto realplayer so it doesn't have anything to cut & paste. I'll see what I can do I promise. If you're desperate desperate then I might have to email it to you for it to work. It's going to be 38C today so I'll be indoors under the aircon & I'll let you know how I go.