Best Guns N' Roses concert by year and tour?

ManetsBR

Yeah, it was the "worst" of the 4 I've been to. And it was so weird not being front and center :(

Eh, being in front of Tommy was alright. I prefer Fortus/Bumble's side if I'm not center though.

It's not even that it was a bad show, just kinda bland is all. Band sounded fine, but the show was a bit on the short side, no Better, etc. At least they did Rosie and Riff Raff. Plus My Generation has only been played a few times.

• 8 months later...

2001 - Las Vegas 1/1

2002 - Boston

2006 - Los Angeles

2007 - Somewhere in Japan

2009 - Tokyo

2010 - Somewhere in Canada

2011 - Take your pick

2012 - Ritz. Seriously, all bias aside, this show was incredible. Killer setlist, just shy of 3 and a half hours, and Axl sounded great.

2013 - Too early to say

Governor's Ball gets my vote for 2013. Very high energy set with pretty much no solo spots, Axl sounded great, and Guns definitely won over a crowd that was gearing up to hate them.

We already know your answer:

2001 - brazil

2002 - brazil

2003-2005 - no tour, but still brazil

2006 - brazil

2007 - brazil

2008 - CD released in brazil

2009 - brazil

2010 - brazil

2011 - brazil

2012 - brazil

2013 - brazil

:lol:

01-HOB

02-Boston or NYC

06-Greensboro, NC

07-A Japanese gig

09-Osaka

10-London or a Canada gig

11-Greenville, SC

12-Vegas with TWAT

13-I think the Montreal boot sounds pretty good

This is what I posted the last time:

Pre-Appetite days: July 11th '86 at the Troubadour, no question about it

'87 - '89: It's hard to deny the Ritz because it is an incredible performance but the short setlist drags it down a bit, as does the Axl-less ending; Dec 7th '88 in Tokyo is a good contender and it's available in good quality; some pretty good headlining shows too in Europe in '87 (especially Amsterdam) and US in '88 (especially San Diego); great acoustic set at the Limelight in New York in '88

early '91 (with Izzy): the second half of the Noblesville show is GNR at its best, but the first half could be better; first night at RIR has a lot of energy; Mannheim seems to have been a great show but unfortunately isn't available in good quality; Richfield is pretty good and has Coma

Dec. '91 - Feb. '93: Paris '92 has the same problem as Ritz, great performance but weak setlist; Biloxi is excellent but only part of it is out there; the shows in Dec. '91 are great, particularly the first night at MSG in New York; all three Tokyo shows are pretty good too and have nice setlists

Skin N' Bones: the European leg in June is an amazing run of shows, Karlsruhe is imo the best, followed closely by Modena (second night), Stockholm and Paris

'01 - '02: RIR is cool to watch because they have a good stage show but many people say MSG and Boston are better

'06 - '07: the California shows in Dec. '06 and Rock am Ring

'09 - '10: second night in London (the one with Duff)

'11 - '13: Philadelphia

1/ Vegas and Rio 3 and the leaks of The Blues, Madagascar etc. Back in those days we were naive enough to believe that Axl was this eccentric genius working on a trilogy of masterpieces with avant garde people like Buckethead. Little did we know that he was merely a butt rock artist who would be performing in Vegas in x amount of years. It has essentially been all down hill ever since Rio 3.

2/ The leaks of Better and Twat. I cannot remember when this was but I think it was about 2005.

3/ The release of cd. Well, it finally came out. Although the whole thing had leaked years in advance. It was quite pleasent to walk into a shop and actually buy the thing, considering, for years I thought the thing would never be released.

4/ 2006, Newcastle. Pointless tour but Axl's voice sounded excellent. I saw them in 2012 also but his voice was shot. In 2006 his voice was right on the button.

2001- Rio

2002- NYC or possibly Pittsburgh

2006- One of the Hammerstein shows

2007- ?

2009- Tokyo

2010- O2 in London

2011- Orlando

2012- Philly

2013- Brooklyn Bowl

No. It was a cool experience and a few songs were really smoking, but it was the worst of 3 gigs I saw last year.

People seem to forget that GN'R played the Madison Square Garden two times during the UYI tour and the shows were awesome, shame we only have a bootleg with crappy audio quality.

The UYI tour was GN'R at it's peak, appart from the shows where Axl left or something happened to him, you can pick any date, the show will still rock your brains out.

If I had to pick, I'd say that the first european leg of the UYI tour from 1991 has the best GN'R shows ever. Probably Sweden or England.

I haven't listend to enough bootlegs from the 1985-1990 to really say which is the best from the early days, but I'll give it to the Marquee show from 1987 because that is a killer bootleg. I always thought the Ritz show was a tad overrated. It's nice to have a pro-shot show from that period but I think the Marquee show is better if comparing two from around that time.

Paris 1992 is amazing in terms of sound, performance, and energy, but the set list is pretty weak compared to other shows on that tour. Chicago and Argentina from 1992 are also damn good.

2006 I'll say one of the LA shows near the end. Axl was on a fire and the band sounded great. Izzy was a nice bonus too.

2010 is where my bias kicks in and I say Hamilton just because Axl sounded phenomenal and we got There Was A Time.

2011 I'll also give to Hamilton. Hooray for bias, but hey, it was a good show with a strong set list and Axl didn't sound all that bad.

2012 I'll give to Philadelphia or the Ritz, but I really didn't listen to much from this year since much of it was spotty from Axl.

2013 I'll let my bias kick in again and say Buffalo. Good set list, and even though Axl started off quite weak on the first few songs he was nailing it by the end. Fun show all around.

I haven't listend to enough bootlegs from the 1985-1990 to really say which is the best from the early days, but I'll give it to the Marquee show from 1987 because that is a killer bootleg. I always thought the Ritz show was a tad overrated. It's nice to have a pro-shot show from that period but I think the Marquee show is better if comparing two from around that time.

Paris 1992 is amazing in terms of sound, performance, and energy, but the set list is pretty weak compared to other shows on that tour. Chicago and Argentina from 1992 are also damn good.

2006 I'll say one of the LA shows near the end. Axl was on a fire and the band sounded great. Izzy was a nice bonus too.

2010 is where my bias kicks in and I say Hamilton just because Axl sounded phenomenal and we got There Was A Time.

2011 I'll also give to Hamilton. Hooray for bias, but hey, it was a good show with a strong set list and Axl didn't sound all that bad.

2012 I'll give to Philadelphia or the Ritz, but I really didn't listen to much from this year since much of it was spotty from Axl.

2013 I'll let my bias kick in again and say Buffalo. Good set list, and even though Axl started off quite weak on the first few songs he was nailing it by the end. Fun show all around.

Except for the cold :tongue2:

People seem to forget that GN'R played the Madison Square Garden two times during the UYI tour and the shows were awesome, shame we only have a bootleg with crappy audio quality.

THIS NIGHTRAIN!

Chicago and Argentina from 1992 are also damn good.

They're probably the two worst Use Your Illusion Tour shows available in good quality.

Edited by GivenToFly

No kidding! At least the cold added to the fun a bit, like Bumblefoot coming out shirtless at the start of the show and having his shirt back on by Welcome to the Jungle. :lol:

Also, Axl's hat troubles and his "You're in the windy fucking Jungle, baby!" was great.

• Like 1

2010, best I personally attended was London with Duff, with L'Arc just after, but I'm really jealous of people who got to see them in Hamilton that year, killer setlist.

Didn't see them in 2011 but wasn't impressed by anything on YouTube, apart from Estranged from RIR.

2012, best I personally attended was Atlantic City, Philly looked amazing on YouTube, as did the LA show with Robin.

2013 was pretty poor.

From the old shows, Indiana is my favourite for '91 (UBERRASP, <3 Estranged), Paris for '92 (not a fan of that year overall but that Civil War is the best ever), and for '93 it's the final Argentina show (Nightrain and YCBM from that show are unbelievable). Haven't seen enough '80s bootlegs, like The Ritz obviously.

For 2006, Rock Am Ring and Download are only 2 I've really seen on YouTube, both great shows. Rock in Rio Lisbon seems pretty poor in comparison. 2001, it's got to be RIR. Not a fan of 2002, apart from Buckethead, MSG shows seem OK.

No question, it was 2013 for me. I've never seen the band so tight and Axl was completely on top of his game.

I still drool over the live boots and youtube footage. It's going to be hard to top what they've already achieved last year, but I believe that Axl has a plan to do just that.

No question, it was 2013 for me. I've never seen the band so tight and Axl was completely on top of his game.

I still drool over the live boots and youtube footage. It's going to be hard to top what they've already achieved last year, but I believe that Axl has a plan to do just that.

Axl was on top of this game in 2013? really?