The RIR III fan incident

bacardimayne

What exactly set Axl off so much at Rio III? I find it hard to believe that something as simple as a Slash t-shirt caused Axl to point out one guy in 100,000 or whatever it was, not to mention that security found him so quickly. He must have at least been doing something to set him apart from the crowd. Anyone know what it was?

What exactly set Axl off so much at Rio III? I find it hard to believe that something as simple as a Slash t-shirt caused Axl to point out one guy in 100,000 or whatever it was, not to mention that security found him so quickly. He must have at least been doing something to set him apart from the crowd. Anyone know what it was?

:tongue2:

I've got a dvd of that show though I haven't watched it in years.

You can't really see the guy who gets the shirt taken off him but later on in the show (IIRC during KOHD) the camera does a close up on a lad up on someone's shoulders holding up a "Slash = GN'R" shirt and clearly wanting to be seen.

I've got a dvd of that show though I haven't watched it in years.

You can't really see the guy who gets the shirt taken off him but later on in the show (IIRC during KOHD) the camera does a close up on a lad up on someone's shoulders holding up a "Slash = GN'R" shirt and clearly wanting to be seen.

Come to think of it I remember seeing a gif of that. If that's who Axl was pointing at I don't blame him. :lol:

I've heard multiple times that he was heckling Axl/Buckethead/Robin. I haven no idea how true this is. That being said, I agree that it seems ridiculous (even for Axl standards) to find one man wearing a Slash shirt.

How does one out of hundreds of thousands heckle? But, I'm still confused how Axl could have pinpointed one guy (or care so much to kick him out)

How does one out of hundreds of thousands heckle? But, I'm still confused how Axl could have pinpointed one guy (or care so much to kick him out)

I'd assume it was someone close to, if not on the barrier where Axl could clearly see him making an exhibition of himself.

Edited by Bansidhe

are you listening to me mr. security man? that guy, GONE! [evil grin]

i love how he comes right back into it's so easy with real seething hatred in his voice,

Axl still had attitude back then

What is this? semi criticism?

Beta told to the fans in Argentina inside the hotel FAENA that the boy was slash disguised

That's pretty absurd. Source or anything for this?

I'm pretty sure I remember seeing something about this before. I could have sworn I saw a video where there was a guy with a Slash wig and hat on and was waving a Slash shirt around. I could be wrong, though.

There's no real grounds for a conspiracy, you just have to consider the context of Axl's reaction. Axl was still relatively young and fiery. That spontaneous anger, which could be triggered by absolutely nothing at all, has lulled incredibly in recent years with notable exceptions including LAX and Dublin.

Axl had emerged with a new band against a backdrop of huge media hostility, I think he probably resented what he would percieve as a naïve fan making a sweeping statement without any real insight. Clearly also the person was very persistent in what they were trying to achieve.

Edited by NGOG

Not if they're taunting you by waving a picture of your ex guitarist that you don't like anymore.

Really, where are these people? How has there never been an interview by like the guy Axl jumped into the crowd after in St. Louis? :lol:

There has. He did an interview for that St Louis riot documentary that was posted on here a few days ago.

I expect though once it was settled in court he probably had non disclosure as part of the agreement. I expect all Axl's settlements have that clause.