Who controls the remote in your house?

So the Under The Dome thread reminded me that I often get forced to watch shit I'm not interested in.

I live with my girlfriend, my sister and her boyfriend. My sis doesn't have a TV in her upstairs loungeroom, so I often come home to find her boyfriend on my couch (he finishes work earlier than me), remote in hand, sports fishing on the screen.

My girlfriend also watches shitty shows from time to time, but I make her sit through American Pickers and other History Channel garbage so I can't complain too loudly.

So even though the TV in the lounge is mine, I often don't get to watch what I want. What's your situation?

• Like 1

Actually I control the remote.

There are 5 TVs in my house, pretty much everyone can watch whatever they want but when my girlfriend stays at home she steals it from me. Sometimes I get mad and go watch the movie I want to the living room because she likes some incredibly awful TV shows.

• Like 1

Just get a logitech remote. Then no one but you will know how to use it :lol:

is logitech a bad brand? I was thinking of getting logitech blue tooth receiver.

Not at all. I just made the remote joke because most of their universal remotes can be pretty confusing to use for people not familiar with them.

The kids are. I hardly watch tv, neither does my husband. When we do, it's mostly sport or sport related talkshows. We agree on that, but in all fairness I am.

Edited by MBRose