Will we ever see 01-01-01 DVD?

wfuckinga

Or is it just going to sit in Axl's vault along with the UYI master tapes, documentaries, various recorded shows and whatever else he has in there

We can't even get a release for a DVD that was in the works.

• Like 1

Maybe the best we can do is for everyone to put the 14.99 they'd buy a new album with into a Kickstart fund and use that to pay someone to hack MSL's computer and steal us the remixes.

Edited by Flayer

Maybe the best we can do is for everyone to put the 14.99 they'd buy a new album with into a Kickstart fund and use that to pay someone to hack MSL's computer and steal us the remixes.

MSL denies he has anything he previously had.

Just out of curiosity (I genuinely have no idea about these facts), why do people think this was filmed and readied for DVD? Was it said at some point? Because otherwise, I don't know why Axl's VERY first show coming back in 8 years would even be a candidate. It's probably good, and especially in terms of the anticipation at that time, but how good could he have sounded not doing it in awhile. I'd have to assume most of it is very fair and that they have better shows. But was this seriously considered at some point and is that why people are talking about it?

Didn't he deny the DVD existed? Not deny that it was filmed, but that a DVD was actually put together. Either way, I very much doubt we'll ever see it, unless snippets of it leak eventually.

Correct. Dunno why we're still talking about a "DVD" that Axl confirmed nearly 5 years ago was never actually in the works :shrugs:

Or is it just going to sit in Axl's vault along with the UYI master tapes, documentaries, various recorded shows and whatever else he has in there

Im speculating that NO all we will have is the bootleg. The band and the tour from that era didnt really jell so well and at this point in time its not a going concern except for us afficinados who remain iterested.

It might work in a anthology of GNR released as a retrospect but I seriouly doubt that anyone in GNR wants to dig up the dead anymore.

Will we ever see 01-01-01 DVD

Absolutely not. I mean, Bucket, Robin, Paul, Brain... all these people are NOT in GnR anymore. They definitely won't put anything like that out before putting something more recent out.

Will we ever see 01-01-01 DVD another GnR release at all

Not while Axl is alive. And I honestly do believe that.

Edited by username

For me that is the most interesting show the new band ever did. At that point it just seemed like a miracle they were actually going to do a gig! And who would have expected new songs!

In this Era of NuGNR I agree. I'll take either this show or the London 2010 Show with Duff. You can Keep Vegas and London 2012... Here's Why...

http://youtu.be/0MwSUWiS7NY

I can totally see why Axl is staying far away from the studio and not releasing live shows.

Edited by jimb0

give it up for Brains drumming during November Rain...

Wow I remember listening to this bootleg so many times and being genuinely excited for the band that Axl was calling Guns N' Roses. I actually didn't mind Axl's vocals that much, then again I was a huge nut-swinger myself back then. To me Axls vocals here still blow anything he's done recently out of the water. I don't know why I didn't mind the clean vocals that much back then, maybe it's because he still put on one hell of a show, or maybe because I thought he had lost the rasp forever. I guess after knowing that he could still do the rasp 2006-2010 completely made me be a harsher critic on his 2011- Present vocals. Knowing that it's there if he wants to turn it on and then hearing the 'You-Me' voice as he's forgetting the lyrics and using that mousey helium falsetto instead of his trademark bad ass rasp... just disappoints me. It makes me feel like he just doesn't give a shit and doesn't want to put in the effort. Similar to the CD vocals. He goes into the studio with Sebastian and in a few hours on New Years Day turns out these vocals that blows away what he recorded over a period of 10 years with his own band? I don't know what's up with Axl's motivation and standards. It must be a combination of meds and alcohol. I see no other explanation. I miss you Axl... maybe we will see that fire in you someday.