Pitman interview, nothing is coming

rckn

Why do the interviewers not press further on this sort of thing? Follow it up with a question about fans liking new music or ask what if people get bored of the same songs and concert numbers start falling.

Maybe they do and just get told to stfu.

So many weird contradictions amongst members. It wasn't that long ago that Fortus told a fan they were wrapping up an album for release this year or next.

Sometimes I think they are just fucking with us. 'Hey Chris, hear you have an interview next Tuesday. Don't forget it's your turn to say something contradictory'.

That Pearl Jam idea is looking pretty good right about now.

Can we please end debate about whether this is a real band? How many times do they have to make it perfectly clear?

Or just spend more time at a PJ forum?

You miss the point, unsurprisingly.

lol..

Axl sure surrounds himself with "funny" people.

Dizzy: this is the best incarnation of gnr

Stinson: Get on board or fuck off

Ashba: hey thanks to the police for the private elicopter ride #swag

Pittman: Why put records out? Nobody buys albums

and even Axl: definite maybe

Are they insane?

Luckily we have Beta and her children to keep things on track.

As long as they (TB) have the fan's interest at heart, it's all good.

Too bad GnR didn't have them around back in the 80s and early 90s.

And one album in 20 years, which was put out five years ago............and now isn't the time to think about new music? Wow.

Edited by Groghan

Does anyone in GNR besides Bumblefoot want to put out new music? Seems like the rest of them think its this big chore and they don't mind just playing the same songs over and over again that they didn't write. I mean, do they not know what wanting to be in an actual band is like? Shouldn't you want to be putting out music instead of spending your life playing the same 40 songs?

DJ and Bumblefoot seem to be the only ones who want to actually DO something as members of GN'R other than tour on the back of other people's material.

And Fortus.

Maybe the 3 of them should start a band.

Bumblefoot could do vocals, they could all do guitar, and they could get some unknown drummer to join.

I thought about those two, but I saw them this way. I didn't know DJ wants new music. I honestly thought he was just in it for his brand. He doesn't seem as adament as Bumble. And Fortus is the member of the new band I love most, but he doesn't seem to be pro-active, at least in GNR. It seems when he wants new music, he does it with another side band. Which is good for him, it seems to be his best bet at creating. What I meant was Bumble seems to be the only one that actually wants new GNR music. The rest take out their frustration, if they have any at all, in other bands and don't really push for Axl to put out new music.

Sometimes I think they are just fucking with us. 'Hey Chris, hear you have an interview next Tuesday. Don't forget it's your turn to say something contradictory'.

Either way, whether they fuck with us or really don't care, you have to ask yourself if a band like that is worth spending time and money on.

Either way, whether they fuck with us or really don't care, you have to ask yourself if a band like that is worth spending time and money on.

Probably not but I'm in too deep now. I want to know why?

*stamps feet*

it's not.

It's not a band, it's touring musicians that play the music of Guns N Roses and the music of Axl Rose.
  • Like 1

Does anyone in GNR besides Bumblefoot want to put out new music? Seems like the rest of them think its this big chore and they don't mind just playing the same songs over and over again that they didn't write. I mean, do they not know what wanting to be in an actual band is like? Shouldn't you want to be putting out music instead of spending your life playing the same 40 songs?

DJ and Bumblefoot seem to be the only ones who want to actually DO something as members of GN'R other than tour on the back of other people's material.

And Fortus.

Bumblefoot could do vocals, they could all do guitar, and they could get some unknown drummer to join.

Yeah cuz that would make SO much money. Three nobodies that are known only to forum members.

These guys know they have nothing of their own to offer, so they're happy to collect paychecks off of Izzy, Slash, Duff, and Matt/Steven's songs.

Get the fuck out of the band then. You still fucked up one of the best live streams we've had in a while with your shitty, awful, retarded and annoying backing vocals.

You're blaming Pitman?! :lol:

Yes. Listen to the 2011 The Forum (and even the The Joint) proshot and you'll remember. His backing vocals were cringeworthy.

And Fortus.

Yeah cuz that would make SO much money.
EDIT: whatever. :) Edited by Bruno Poeys

I absolutely agree with his point of view though...I can remember getting Chinese Democracy at Best Buy on a Sunday and that following Monday I took it to the school I was teaching at at the time and showed it to some of the young guys that were in a band. They trotted off to computer lab and returned in a hour with a burned copy of Chinese Democracy that they had snagged off the net. The reality of making back 13 million on record sales alone after all is down to the bottom line for a record company to break even is astronomical and there in is another possible answer why there is touring going on. Even if they made 200,000 a show like they did when Axl played in Moline in 02...break that number down for crew, managers, lawyers, band members,

hotels, travel and entourages and the numbers are not so big.

I think Axl said in an interview that after expenses and overhead that the record lables took that the band recieved like a $1 for every album sold...and then split that between 5 guys way back in 88. THe money is in the touring and the merchandising for a band.