Pitman interview, nothing is coming

rckn

The whole quote for those interested. He starts talking about when the next Tool album will come out:"It's just out-of-control amazing [the next Tool album]. And what is really nice now, you don't have to be in a hurry to make a record now. Because people don't buy it. There is no record shops. So why the fuck put a record out? Just do what you want to do. And that is nice. It works both ways. People don't want to buy it, so you don't have to put it out. And when we do, we just relax and take our time...just like Guns, we don't care. We go out and play songs that people know, but we're not knocking ourselves out to release music. There's no need to that now, it's not the time and place."

This is so dismissive of your hardcore fanbase though. Okay so it's not as large as it was circa 93 but it's still there. Other established bands recognised this. The industry has changed but what Pitman is saying is a version of Naomi Campbell's ' I don't get out of bed for less than $10000'. Other bands of the same era at least acknowledge the fans that made them rich and famous in the first place and in return those fans are happy to pay for deluxe remix albums, dvds and pretty much anything else they throw their way. In the age of the internet there will always be downloaders but Axl is already rich and new music would still make money even if it's not nineties level dosh. If this really does boil down to money it makes me wonder if previous rumours about financial difficulties have legs otherwise why constantly piss off your fanbase over it.

Pitman also saw the crap Axl had to go through for years. It's more "we can take our time and not have the record company breathing down our neck".

The whole quote for those interested. He starts talking about when the next Tool album will come out:"It's just out-of-control amazing [the next Tool album]. And what is really nice now, you don't have to be in a hurry to make a record now. Because people don't buy it. There is no record shops. So why the fuck put a record out? Just do what you want to do. And that is nice. It works both ways. People don't want to buy it, so you don't have to put it out. And when we do, we just relax and take our time...just like Guns, we don't care. We go out and play songs that people know, but we're not knocking ourselves out to release music. There's no need to that now, it's not the time and place."

This is so dismissive of your hardcore fanbase though. Okay so it's not as large as it was circa 93 but it's still there. Other established bands recognised this. The industry has changed but what Pitman is saying is a version of Naomi Campbell's ' I don't get out of bed for less than $10000'. Other bands of the same era at least acknowledge the fans that made them rich and famous in the first place and in return those fans are happy to pay for deluxe remix albums, dvds and pretty much anything else they throw their way. In the age of the internet there will always be downloaders but Axl is already rich and new music would still make money even if it's not nineties level dosh. If this really does boil down to money it makes me wonder if previous rumours about financial difficulties have legs otherwise why constantly piss off your fanbase over it.

Pitman also saw the crap Axl had to go through for years. It's more "we can take our time and not have the record company breathing down our neck".

I can appreciate that to some extent as others such as Trent Reznor have spoke about their experiences but those others do still seem to be getting on with stuff a little better. I guess they don't live on Axl time though ;-)

GNR is done, Slash won.

Keeping the name added a lot of pressure on Axl's shoulders. I think he didn't really realise that until it was too late to change his mind. The others just have to do whatever they want to do... Axl probably wanted to create something great but you can't duplicate what the real band could achieve. Chemistry is not something you can control and say "Oh I'll get this guy from this band and that guy from that band and this guy... that'll sound great". Doesn't work like that at all.

• Like 1

There is a distinction between fans and concert goers although obviously they overlap. Taking your time is fair enough but they really do stretch it to the limits. Managing to get the live dvds out would have gone a long way to appease fans. Generally I'm one of those people that is hopeful of seeing a new album by the end of 2014 but they really don't help themselves sometimes.

What hes saying seems to be a positive spin on the label saying theres no point. They sell 300k in the US. That 3 mil dollars. So the labels indifference means theres morw time for artists to do what they want.

To keep people happy they will have tour like hell. But right now they seem happy to take a break.

Maybe the label will put a Best of

Does somebody actually believe, that there is material for a cd?

20 yrs is a long time and they all are getting older.

I´m sure, that Pitman is not making decissions, but he

is delivering the ideas that he is surrounded.

Edited by rckn

For the love of god, someone just leak all the CD II songs.

Atlas Shrugged, The General, Berlin, Zodiac, Jackie Chan, Soul Monster, Seven, fuck it leak them all!

We are never getting those officially released to fuck it

LOL. :rofl-lol:

Concerning Pittman. He doesn't make the decisions but yes, he's just expressing what he hears from Axl.

Does somebody actually believe, that there is material for a cd?

20 yrs is a long time and they all are getting older.

I´m sure, that Pitman is not making decissions, but he

is delivering the ideas that he is surrounded.

Correction, there is material, but I don´t know about quality. (what we have heard)