Pitman interview, nothing is coming

rckn

Thinking about this "band' that poses as GNR...all very talented and very worthy of being on stage...but think about how hard and how much it would take for any one of them to play at this level on their own merits should they leave the band. They get to travel, see all kinds of people, do all kinds of people and things and live the rockstar lifestyle and make a decent if not above average living in doing so. Job security. Not a single one of these fuckers could break out a solo record and score the homerun money.

Jumping on board with GNR was akin to being moved up from the minor league to the big show. You cant make that kind of money playing in the club circut and the demand for brand new rock and roll bands of 40-50somethings is...nil to none.

Not the time or place? Jesus Christ, what a fucking asshole.

The Gn'R brand can sell alone a million copies in a few weeks, whether it's a good album or not. That's also where the money is at, there's no excuse. Even if they don't make a lot of money, where's the inspiration? They're artists and not bankers for fuck sake.

Edited by realpoti

If the Chinese Democracy saga taught me anything, is that whatever opinions, preferences or intentions the band members may have, they are just those and those alone, and not necessarily indicative of how things may turn out. In other words, I don't see any reason to put any more stock into Pitman's predictions than DJ's. I appreciate that they are speaking their points of view, but ultimately, they will not make the call on when things come out.

Ali

Possibly the most frustrating band ever to be a fan of. It really does piss me off, It's the only band I really do follow and listen to more than any other band.

Comments from "band members" like this make you think what is the fucking point in giving a shit. I don't even class pitmann as a member, just some bloke who got incredibly lucky to play sub bass, whatever the fuck that is, on an already established bands album.

It won't work on my phone. What does he say exactly?

"we're not knocking ourselves out to release new music. It doesn't matter. We'll go out and play the songs people want to hear. Its not the right time for a new album". Pretty much along those lines.

Too bad people don't want to hear new songs... great logic "Guns N' Roses".

At least Slash's new album is coming out next year. :)

Thinking about this "band' that poses as GNR...all very talented and very worthy of being on stage...but think about how hard and how much it would take for any one of them to play at this level on their own merits should they leave the band. They get to travel, see all kinds of people, do all kinds of people and things and live the rockstar lifestyle and make a decent if not above average living in doing so. Job security. Not a single one of these fuckers could break out a solo record and score the homerun money.

Jumping on board with GNR was akin to being moved up from the minor league to the big show. You cant make that kind of money playing in the club circut and the demand for brand new rock and roll bands of 40-50somethings is...nil to none.

Yeah, there's no problem with that. They are smart. They have the best gig in the world right now. Except those are exactly the type of band members hardcore fans hate. The ones that do nothing, no matter how talented they are, to further the band's legacy. Just because they have a good gig and would be dumb to leave doesn't mean we should be forced to like them. They add nothing to the band, and until they do, us hardcore fans will feel that way.

But yes, you're point is correct. They shouldn't leave on their own merits or that would be stupid. We can only hope Axl fires them is more like it.

Possibly the most frustrating band ever to be a fan of. It really does piss me off, It's the only band I really do follow and listen to more than any other band.

Comments from "band members" like this make you think what is the fucking point in giving a shit. I don't even class pitmann as a member, just some bloke who got incredibly lucky to play sub bass, whatever the fuck that is, on an already established bands album.

It's only been this was since king ass clown got the name of the band

I believe that there is going to some new music sooner or later. It looks to me that

they are just waiting for the right time.

He gave a few interviews. Here is the second part of the Radio Rock interview:

http://www.radiorock.fi/?vt=video&vid=347730. My favorite interview and its best part

(http://ylex.yle.fi/uutiset/popuutiset/gunnari-muusikko-matkusti-jurassic-rockin-festaribussilla-tavisten-kanssa ):

I would be in Finland always if I could. People are really beautiful and nice. Something amazing

happens every time I am here. Finland has the most beautiful women on earth.

In another interview (http://www.lansi-savo.fi/uutiset/l%C3%A4hell%C3%A4/guns-n-rosesin-chris-pitman-pmmp-ja-haloo-helsinki-festareiden-parhaat-64911)

he says that “Haloo Helsinki” and “PMMP” were his favorites.

Chris went to see Haloo Helsinki after their gig:

I like this concert location in the centre of a city called Tampere PMMP:

The area where Jurassic Rock festival was held has some really nice lakes with crystal clear water.

I have spent a lot of holidays there and I was thinking about going there last weekend.

A nice view: http://www.vastavalo.fi/luonteri-neitvuori-saaristo-luonterin-saaristomaisemaa-229900.html

I believe that there is going to some new music sooner or later. It looks to me that

they are just waiting for the right time.

I love your positivity, I too would like if that was the reason for not releasing anything. But would think during these five years there would have been many right times to do it already.

If people are still sad/disappointed by this news, you've straight up got a extra pair of chromosomes.

Axl and the boys have made it more than clear that milking the heyday cow is their main priority. Way before this. At least Pitman has the good decency to admit it.

If you're ever expecting to hear newly released music by Axl while Axl still has a pulse, you're your own worst enemy.

Only way we're hearing new stuff is if it leaks and/or gets milked after Axl dies.

• Like 1

If people are still sad/disappointed by this news, you've straight up got a extra pair of chromosomes.

Axl and the boys have made it more than clear that milking the heyday cow is their main priority. Way before this. At least Pitman has the good decency to admit it.

If you're ever expecting to hear newly released music by Axl while Axl still has a pulse, you're your own worst enemy.

Only way we're hearing new stuff is if it leaks and/or gets milked after Axl dies.

I expect Axl to release the second half of Chinese. It could take years, but I believe we'll hear it in the next 4 or 5.

If Axl sees it as a double, then I don't see why he would only release half of it.

Edited by Rovim

I expect Axl to release the second half of Chinese. It could take years, but I believe we'll hear it in the next 4 or 5.

If Axl sees it as a double, then I don't see why he would only release half of it.

lol.

Yeah.

You Have fun with that.

lol.

Yeah.

You Have fun with that.

Reminds me of what people said about Chinese and how it will never come out. They were all wrong.

• Like 1

lol.

Yeah.

You Have fun with that.

Reminds me of what people said about Chinese and how it will never come out. They were all wrong.

That's back when Axl had a one and only shot to win the masses with "Guns N' Roses" material that didn't contain any other essential ingredient that added weight to the name. After that overall backlash and rejection, it's over. He blew it. You think the label's gonna invest millions into him again like they did for Chinese? Totally different scenario.

The label might release another "GNR" album if Axl gave them one, but they're not gonna invest in him as much as Axl probably thinks he's entitled for them to invest in him. He had his chance and he crashed and burned. I think he's done with the ambitious aspect of his career because he's scared of further failure and ridicule (more claims of "SEE! We knew you couldn't make good GNR music without Slash and co!) , he's burnt out, and because the label's never gonna invest another dime for him to tinker and/or create.

It's over. Ovveeeeerrrrr. Even his sock puppets are pretty much giving up. Just save yourself the hassle. You'll thank me later. Fuck, you should be thanking me now!