Jurassic World [SPOILERS]

sweetness

Saw this movie yesterday. Loved it.

The dinos were so amazing. After awhile you feel like you're watching real animals walking around.

Loved how they tipped their hat to the original Jurassic Park movie.

I never thought I'd be rooting for a raptor dino. Chris Pratt was funny and cool as usual.

The dino fight at the end was awesome! After awhile you realized you didn't need actors in this movie to enjoy it! I think it was a fun movie to watch. Some gory parts, but that's what happens when you get eaten by a giant whale croc!

Like I said, it was all about the dinos and Chris Pratt. Chris has signed on for two more Jurassic Park movies and 2 more Guardians of the Galaxy.

This guy will be able to retire in his 40's if he keeps this up.

He's also signed on for two other Marvel films outside of Guardians (which are likely Avengers Infinity War Parts 1 and 2)

EDIT: Almost forgot, he's likely gonna be in Lego Movie 2 as well

Edited by rocknroll41

Further on this, the film turns into a comedy the moment the Dinos ally themselves with the humans. The bit when the raptor smirks at the Pratt fella (any relation to Gary Pratt, who famously ran out Ponting in 2005?) is truly American filmmaking at its worst. I suppose the Raptro is no longer a commie gook but an American haha? The whole thing was very American, featuring Hollywood 'stock' characters such as 'the nerdy kid' and the 'geeky guy' and the 'square jawed hero', and the 'evil doer who senses manna'. You could literally tell who was going to die from the first reel, and in what order. The CGI was appalling. The whole park was CGIed.

Further on this, the film turns into a comedy the moment the Dinos ally themselves with the humans. The bit when the raptor smirks at the Pratt fella (any relation to Gary Pratt, who famously ran out Ponting in 2005?) is truly American filmmaking at its worst. I suppose the Raptro is no longer a commie gook but an American haha? The whole thing was very American, featuring Hollywood 'stock' characters such as 'the nerdy kid' and the 'geeky guy' and the 'square jawed hero', and the 'evil doer who senses manna'. You could literally tell who was going to die from the first reel, and in what order. The CGI was appalling. The whole park was CGIed.

Well tell us how you really feel, lol.

I thought I'd was great for what it was, a good entertaining summer popcorn flick. If you were expecting anything other than that, well that's your fault. I really am beginning to hate this trend that is developing where people like to sit and praise their artsy fartsy indie films and sit and bash hollywood. Now to each their own, I give you that, but just because you don't like those kinds of films doesn't mean they are not good or entertaining. Has hollywood lost it's way? Perhaps, but that's a topic for another thread. But let's also not forget that the entire world's film industry exists because of what hollywood and American cinema created. Also let me add, every time lists are released naming the greatest movies of all time what do the top 15 to 20 all have in common? They were all American films...

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

I thought I'd was great for what it was, a good entertaining summer popcorn flick. If you were expecting anything other than that, well that's your fault. I really am beginning to hate this trend that is developing where people like to sit and praise their artsy fartsy indie films and sit and bash hollywood. Now to each their own, I give you that, but just because you don't like those kinds of films doesn't mean they are not good or entertaining. Has hollywood lost it's way? Perhaps, but that's a topic for another thread. But let's also not forget that the entire world's film industry exists because of what hollywood and American cinema created. Also let me add, every time lists are released naming the greatest movies of all time what do the top 15 to 20 all have in common? They were all American films...

Haha. You have been consulting the wrong lists my friend. The films which are at the top of the lists I personally read are Seven Samurai (Japanese), Potemkin (Russian), Dr Caligari (German) and 39 Steps (British). In actual fact I am semi-facetious as there are usually a gaggle of American films present but the one present factor is that there are no recent American films. 'American films' are not an issue here. The issue is American films of the last twenty or so years, your CGI fests and rent-a-superhero reboots, sequels, rip offs and toy advertisements. Citizen Kane regularly makes the top ten for instance as does Birth of a Nation and The Great Train Robbery. American films or Hollywood films per se are not the issue. (Heck, if you circumnavigate Hitchcock's English status, America's contribution increases dramatically). The issue is, your recent films. They are in fact quite dreadful.

@DD,

Like I said earlier, if we want to have a discussion about the quality of recent American films, that is a different topic all together. I don't disagree that Hollywood has gone down the shitter the last x amount of years. But having said that, as far as shitty American cliche CGI summer flicks go, Jurassic World is pretty fucking good.

?

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

Haha. You have been consulting the wrong lists my friend. The films which are at the top of the lists I personally read are Seven Samurai (Japanese), Potemkin (Russian), Dr Caligari (German) and 39 Steps (British). In actual fact I am semi-facetious as there are usually a gaggle of American films present but the one present factor is that there are no recent American films. 'American films' are not an issue here. The issue is American films of the last twenty or so years, your CGI fests and rent-a-superhero reboots, sequels, rip offs and toy advertisements. Citizen Kane regularly makes the top ten for instance as does Birth of a Nation and The Great Train Robbery. American films or Hollywood films per se are not the issue. (Heck, if you circumnavigate Hitchcock's English status, America's contribution increases dramatically). The issue is, your recent films. They are in fact quite dreadful.

Does i have to remind you that if it weren't for America you'd be speakin German?

Does i have to remind you that if it weren't for America you'd be speakin German?

What does this allude to, the Second World War? Then I think you are mistaking the USA for the USSR since it was the great battles on the eastern front which defeated Nazi Germany. Further, the Nazis usually did not annihilate languages in their conquered territories; they actually utilised the indigenous administration to operate the conquered territory, at least in territories that were considered 'racially sound' such as Scandinavia, France and the low countries.

• Like 1