Jurassic World [SPOILERS]

sweetness

My only major complaint is that the trailers spoiled almost the entire movie. Thanks to the trailers, I spent the entire movie having a rough idea of what was going to happen in the next scene.

Yup, that was pretty irritating. The last trailer they released with the hatching I-Rex egg was great especially since it didn't show a whole lot. Wish the rest of them were more like that.

i just got back from watching it with my cousin from florida he took me to see it. i must say i will be eating my crow with ketchup. i must say it was a pretty decent movie. the cgi was iffy in some parts notably

the helicopter crashing into the aviary
but a lot of the cool throwbacks to the original was awesome and
seeing the original t rex smash the spineosaur skeleton
was awesome. Edited by bran

Seriously? I've got plenty of pride in cinema. Just because I don't expect, or want, every movie to be Citizen Kane, doesn't mean I lack "pride in cinema". For fuck's sake. Thanks though. Bye Felicia.

QFT

What the hell is wrong with some of you? Some of you automatically hate anything that has a big budget or name director and actor.

Pacino, De Niro, Streep, Dicaprio and Macaunahy could star in a thriller directed by Tarantino and people would be bitching it is going to suck before even seeing the movie.

It's a movie about Dino's in 2015. It's a summer popcorn flick. Try and relax and have some fun. Like BS said. Not every movie has to be citizen Kane.

Just saw it, really enjoyed it for what it was. When Claire went to get the T-Rex out I felt like an 8-year old in terms of hype. Haven't felt like that since I was, well, 8. (Godzilla came close)

My only major complaint is that the trailers spoiled almost the entire movie. Thanks to the trailers, I spent the entire movie having a rough idea of what was going to happen in the next scene.

Thanks to the trailers, we knew:

-Indominus fakes its escape from its pen

-The kids get attacked by the Indominus in the Gyrosphere, but escape, run out of the woods and jump off a cliff into the river

-The Indian owner of the park dies (when he gets in the helicopter you know he's going to die, because the trailer shows the heli crashing into the aviary)

-Zara gets eaten by the Mosasaur after being dropped in the pool by the Pterosaur

-Owen uses his raptors to hunt the Indominus, they communicate with Indominus and turn on him

-Claire goes into the T-Rex pen to lure him to fight Indominus

The only scenes that didn't really get spoiled were when the kids find the original Visitor's Center and the majority of the raptor scenes. I was pleasantly surprised when the raptors were shown to not be as obedient and pet-like as the trailers made them out to be.

All in all it was a great Jurassic Park movie, but I felt like I'd already watched it while not really paying attention or something. Hopefully they learn from this for the sequel and reveal less in the trailers.

yeah that part when we see the trex come out i marked out big time i may or may not have did a little fist pump

Any placement of Pepsi or Coca-Cola?

Owen drinks a Coke when he's talked to for the first time at his trailer.

Saw it today, couple of "oh come on, really?" moments, but overall, I agree with the opinion that it's the sequel the original movie, and the fans, deserved.

• Like 1

Saw it today, I thought it was great. I feel it is the 2nd best film in the series, as in it is the 2nd best story, plot, acting, etc. JP 3 is still my 2nd favorite of the series, mainly because Spino was awesome and he is my favorite dino, plus his scenes in that film are awesome. I think Spino made a better "villain" than Indominus basically because I'm not real crazy about just inventing dinos. Having said that, JW is a far better film than JP 3. TLW is my least favorite of the series, but I still really like it, I love all of these films tbh.

Here is my rank (as in my face)

1. JP

2. JP 3 (Spino rules)

3. JW (better film than TLW and JP 3 but Spino> Indominus

4. TLW (still great, but something has to be last.

I thought it was pretty good, but I probably will never see it again. Different tone from the original, more of a theme park than suspenseful or terrifying, which is fair because as the film points out expectations have changed. I probably preferred the new Godzilla to this, saw that one twice but haven't bothered watching it again on a small screen. Jokes were funny but I felt there was a lack of sincerity in places. Mad Max is still the film of the summer for me, saw that twice and will definitely watch it many more times to come, never expected that as I'm not a fan of the original trilogy and I love Jurassic Park.

• Like 1

I've got the rest of the week off, probably gunna try and catch an early viewing in IMAX.

Red Letter Media's Half in the Bag on JW. Pretty spot on and hilarious review/discussion for anybody who's into breaking down movies. These guys are responsible for the brutal Mr. Plinkett Star Wars prequel reviews.

I've got the rest of the week off, probably gunna try and catch an early viewing in IMAX.

Red Letter Media's Half in the Bag on JW. Pretty spot on and hilarious review/discussion for anybody who's into breaking down movies. These guys are responsible for the brutal Mr. Plinkett Star Wars prequel reviews.

I love RLM. Half in the Bag is especially awesome