Godzilla (2014)

My parents got me a big Godzilla toy like that when I was about 3 because I loved the movies. They then returned it to Toys R' Us because they were worried I would hurt myself on one of the plates on its back. I got a smaller rubbery plastic Godzilla toy for Xmas when I was 5.

I have never forgiven them.

I don't think Cranston has as big of a part as the trailer makes it out to be. Usually, when an actors name on a poster has "and" or "with" before it, their part isn't very big.

I know he plays the father of the main character and he is a nuclear scientist. In these movies they are supporting roles so I think we will see him, just not as big as Johnson or Olsen's.

I've still got the 6-inch Godzilla toy from when I was 5, I think. An aunt got me a 6-inch US Godzilla figure, I didn't play with it that much, didn't even see the '98 Godzilla as a kid because even then I knew it would be crap, its lower jaw fell off when moving around in boxes.

I don't think Cranston has as big of a part as the trailer makes it out to be. Usually, when an actors name on a poster has "and" or "with" before it, their part isn't very big.

I know he plays the father of the main character and he is a nuclear scientist. In these movies they are supporting roles so I think we will see him, just not as big as Johnson or Olsen's.

Well obviously because Cranston is hot shit at the moment they want to get him out there because he will sell tickets. Johnson plays his son and Olsen plays his son's wife so I could see Cranston having a middling role between those two, less than Johnson but more than Olsen.

Seems like Wantabe is going to have a verg big role as well.

Amir the JP toys were sick! My favourite was this one:

JPotherraptor.jpg

• Like 1

JPotherraptor.jpg

I still have that kicking around in a box somewhere, remember that if you pull one of the legs back its head lunges forward and jaw opens. Also had the electronic Velociraptor and Dilophosaurus where you pull an arm and they screech.

JPRaptor-4.jpg

Dilopho.jpg

Hah, had that too, and I lost 'em all, along with one of the wheels. Fuck, completely forgot about the missiles, they've been missing for about a decade now :lol:

Alan Grant, Ellie Satler, Tim Murphy, had them all. Alan Grant had that weird bomb thing and that net firing backpack which was a complete mess to operate.

Didn't have the smaller red jeep, but that looked rubbish anyway.

Edited by Amir

I've still got one of these Young Tyrannosaurus Rex's from Jurassic Park (though my one is missing an arm and the removable flesh bit):

JPYoungRexLoos1a.jpg

Was spoiled rotten with JP toys, had nearly all of them, but I really wanted this one:

JPRex.jpg

Oh man, is that the one that could eat and shit out action figures? One of my friends had that one, I was so jealous :lol:

I still have my velocirapter in my room at my parents house, I also had a triceratops, a JP jeep, an Ian Malcom action figure, and a t-rex that was like half stuffed but had a plastic head, which was kind of lame... they were all from when The Lost World came out I'm pretty sure. I use to make my own JP movies in the backyard with my mom's camcorder, good times...

JPotherraptor.jpg

LOL that's the one I still have

The Ian Malcolm action figure with red missile launcher backpack ;) That was one of 3 Lost World toys I had, that and a Pachycephalosaurus (you pushed a button on its leg and it made a headbutt motion, bit rubbish really) and a dude on a motorbike with a snare on it (pretty cool).

The P thing is a JP, Georgy ;)

I might get a Godzilla, for old time's sake.

The Ian Malcolm action figure with red missile launcher backpack ;) That was one of 3 Lost World toys I had, that and a Pachycephalosaurus (you pushed a button on its leg and it made a headbutt motion, bit rubbish really) and a dude on a motorbike with a snare on it (pretty cool).

Ha I had both of those too! Man, too much nostalgia right now. Wonder what happened to those toys. I remember when the good ones started getting really hard to find, then somewhere between TLW and JPIII they came out with this ultra retarded line of Jurassic Park toys with bright neon collors and super lame "mutations", and it was so un-Jurassic Park. That was not cool at all. :thumbsdown:

• Like 1

Ha I had both of those too! Man, too much nostalgia right now. Wonder what happened to those toys. I remember when the good ones started getting really hard to find, then somewhere between TLW and JPIII they came out with this ultra retarded line of Jurassic Park toys with bright neon collors and super lame "mutations", and it was so un-Jurassic Park. That was not cool at all. :thumbsdown:

Yeah the black with neon blue and green raptor sucked.

We never got those in the UK, I remember seeing them when visiting the US in '99 and I think even '05.

This site is pretty comprehensive: http://www.jptoys.com/

I like the Papo JP dinosaurs:

1504.jpg