Godzilla (2014)

Can't anyone come up with any new horror movie ideas?

How many Godzilla movies can they make?

I mean the Japanese must have made over 100 movies starring Godzilla. lol He became the hero in their movies and fought other monsters. It just got to be a joke.

I really wish someone would come up with a new idea that will scare the shit out of anyone who sees it.

I'm also a big G fan. I like them all, but the Heisei series is my favortie. I own them all (Heisei) series that is, I also have the original, king kong vs, original mechagodzilla, and final wars. I'm not real big on the Millenium series. I think this new film is gonna be awesome. I started collecting Godzilla things a couple of years ago, I bet the value sky rockets after this new one.

So technically speaking... Mothra was the only foe that actually defeated the king of monsters, eh?

Well technically speaking Mecha~King Ghidorah without a doubt defeated him. Even though he was pretty much sacrificed in the process, Godzilla did not win that fight. The 1991 movie I'm talking about.

So technically speaking... Mothra was the only foe that actually defeated the king of monsters, eh?

Well technically speaking Mecha~King Ghidorah without a doubt defeated him. Even though he was pretty much sacrificed in the process, Godzilla did not win that fight. The 1991 movie I'm talking about.

And Mecha-King Ghidorah was controlled by a human.

And Mecha-King Ghidorah was controlled by a human.

Ya so?

• 3 weeks later...

So I just recieved Ghidorah the 3 headed monster and Invasion of the astro~monster today. All of which I have on dvd (some of which, like godzilla 1985 are copies I converted from vhs) I prefer the Heisei series, but Showa had some gems. The Millenium series is pretty much crap imo.

That brings my Godzilla film total to:

1. Gojira

2. King Kong vs. Godzilla

3. Ghidora

4. Invasion of the astro

5. Godzilla vs mechagodzilla

6. Godzilla 1985

7. Godzilla vs. Biolante

8. Godzilla vs King Ghidorah

9. Godzilla vs. Mothra

10. Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla 2

11. Godzilla vs. Spacegodzilla

12. Godzilla vs. Destroyah

13. Godzilla Final Wars

I tried to give the millenium series a fair chance, but it did nothing for me. Except for Final wars, which almost feels like the true end to the Heisei series, more than the Millenuim. I have always looked at Final Wars as Godzilla jr's (from the Heisei series) big film.

The lack of continuity in the millenium series really pisses me off. The Showa series maybe the cheeziest, but at least it stays true to the story line (at least the ones I've seen anyways). But thats why the Heisei Series is my personal fav, its like Godzilla at his absolute best. Like in Godzilla vs King Ghidorah, when they get ready to face off in the middle of the city, thats probably the best sequence of any G film to date. It's just freaking awesome. I prefer the storyline in the original Ghidorah film to be honest. But that one sequence in the 91' just takes the cake.

• 4 weeks later...

This isn't supposed to be a horror movie.

They're making this movie to make things right after the last one, and by the looks of it, they're doing everything right.

Nice...I was wondering about that....nice to see an actual sequel than the usual "reboot".

They're making this movie to make things right after the last one, and by the looks of it, they're doing everything right.

Nice...I was wondering about that....nice to see an actual sequel than the usual "reboot".

Not sure if you took what I said the wrong way. It's not a sequel to the 1998 movie. It is a reboot, but it looks like they're doing it right this time as opposed to taking whatever the hell direction the '98 one took (though that one is a guilty-pleasure movie of mine).

I freaking hate Godzilla 98'. Arguably the worst of the franchise, which is saying a lot. I don't know why they thought Ferris Bueller should be in a Godzilla movie? What was Molly Ringwald or Emilo Estevaz busy?

I freaking love Godzilla movies, they are one of my guilty pleasures. I think this new film is going to be awesome and kick start a new Godzilla craze amounst the kids. I've already been quizzing mine, telling her all about King Ghidorah, Mothra, and others.

I remember seeing the Matthew Broderick movie when I was like 8 or 9 years old and I thought it was sooo cool. I watched it not that long ago and it was probably one of the dumbest movies I've ever seen :lol:

Still entertaining though. Roland Emmerich doesn't make very good movies but they're usually fun to watch.

• Like 1

Not sure if you took what I said the wrong way. It's not a sequel to the 1998 movie. It is a reboot, but it looks like they're doing it right this time as opposed to taking whatever the hell direction the '98 one took (though that one is a guilty-pleasure movie of mine).

Gotcha... ;)

I freaking hate Godzilla 98'. Arguably the worst of the franchise, which is saying a lot. I don't know why they thought Ferris Bueller should be in a Godzilla movie? What was Molly Ringwald or Emilo Estevaz busy?

I freaking love Godzilla movies, they are one of my guilty pleasures. I think this new film is going to be awesome and kick start a new Godzilla craze amounst the kids. I've already been quizzing mine, telling her all about King Ghidorah, Mothra, and others.

I think the 1998 Godzilla movie is entertaining...would have been much better had they not made Godzilla look like a mega sized lizard....and had made Godzilla actually walk around (instead of walking like a lizard).

Edited by Kasanova King