Godzilla (2014)

So technically speaking... Mothra was the only foe that actually defeated the king of monsters, eh?

No, he lost to King Kong. See for yourself. Godzilla fans reach really hard and say that King Kong didn't win, but they will NOT say that Godzilla won. Fact is, at the end of the movie, you see Kong but you don't see Godzilla. Therefore, Kong by TKO.

Yeah, that's one of those "Who shot first? Han or Greedo?" type of things. It will forever be a mystery. I think Kong won as Godzilla would never let him live if he could beat him... but no one can be sure. Though Mothra really beat him for sure.

So technically speaking... Mothra was the only foe that actually defeated the king of monsters, eh?

No, he lost to King Kong. See for yourself. Godzilla fans reach really hard and say that King Kong didn't win, but they will NOT say that Godzilla won. Fact is, at the end of the movie, you see Kong but you don't see Godzilla. Therefore, Kong by TKO.

Nah only way to win in these movies is to destroy/ kill your opponent.

But you don't see the actual fight end, they just go under water and an earthquake happens. In the Japanese version it was a minor quake, the US used stock footage from The Mysterions.

The truth is, no one knows who won, it is open to interpretation. They just say Godzilla disappears like he always does and Kong swims back home.

King Kong vs. Godzilla is just an awful movie. So disappointed.

Looking forward to this new one. Godzilla was one of the first things I got into as a kid, along with Batman and dinosaurs (think I was about 3 when my parents would rent Farsi dubs of the movie for me from some dodgy Iranian shop in Manchester). Even though I was only 10 when the US remake came out, I knew it was going to be a piece of shit and didn't watch it until years later when I was bored one summer in Isfahan. One of those movies I avoided watching for years. Have still somehow managed to avoid Batman & Robin. I used to think Batman Forever was good because I liked it when it came out in the cinema (I remember the trading cards were the hot thing thing on the playground), then I watched it again years later :(

Guys the earthquake was caused by King Kong and Godzilla collectively orgasming together and after that it was just plain awkward which is why they went their own separate ways. One night stand and all that.

Weirdly enough, nobody was clear on Godzilla's gender. He is called the King but also refereed to as "it" and the American version didn't help either.

In the Sea Monster one main monster was suppose to be King Kong so when you see Godzilla getting randy about that islander girl, it was because they had King Kong in mind.

I think this new remake will be great. All they have to do is stick to the classic Toho look and give Godzilla a personality. Not too much where he is cute and cuddly between 1964 and 1975 but a mean mother fucker like he was in 1954 and between 1984 and 2004. Especially between 1992 and 1995 where he was just pure mean.

Any fans of King Kong? Personally I liked the late 70's version with Jeff Bridges and King Kong Lives the sequel with Linda Hamilton.

Love those movies as well. Watched King Kong Lives in the theatres with my parents.

Were you as disappointed as I was when King Kong died in a movie titled King Kong LIVES?? I was only 6 or 7 years old at the time.

I have enjoyed all three King Kong movies. I am a big fan of the story. Peter Jackson's version could have used some trimming but it wasn't bad.

I think a remake of King Kong vs. Godzilla should just have the 100 meter Godzilla vs. the 25 meter Kong. That will be over in five seconds :lol:

Similar to this.

Any fans of King Kong? Personally I liked the late 70's version with Jeff Bridges and King Kong Lives the sequel with Linda Hamilton.

Love those movies as well. Watched King Kong Lives in the theatres with my parents.

Were you as disappointed as I was when King Kong died in a movie titled King Kong LIVES?? I was only 6 or 7 years old at the time.

Yeah man. Heartbreaking. Esp with the heartbeat noise and all. Glad his son lives, but it is still not the same. lol

The CGI in the Millennium Series is dreadful. What made the Godzilla films so good were the lack of CGI. Sure rubber suits require suspending disbelief, but sometimes it looks better when there's something in front of the camera.

I love the CGI in Final Wars apart from Zilla. The effects used on the rubber monsters are awesome.

I'll watch them without her permission.

So I've read a review of King Kong Vs. Godzilla, the guy saw the Japanese version as well, the only difference is that you hear Godzilla roar at the end of the Japanese version meaning he was live and well. The American version just muted it.

Edited by Georgy Zhukov

• 1 month later...