Godzilla (2014)

Those look great Amir.

Just checked and you can find those on Amazon, actually. Not nearly as expensive as I would have thought, either.

They're just under 7" tall, though. I wish they were bigger. I want a nice JP statue around a foot tall or so.

Sure there is a topless Goldblum statue somewhere :lol:

I'm leaning towards thinking this is a sequel to the original. At 1:00 in the new trailer, Ken Watanabe says "In 1954, we awakened something". 1954 was the first Godzilla movie. seems like a no brainer to me.

If it is, I'm guessing the oxygen destroyer's been retconned out in favour of a nuke.

OMG

79750_large.jpg

Great picture but it doesn't show all of him.

I am concerned they've made him too big.

My favorite Godzilla look will always be the Hesei weries look. 91Godzilla.jpg

89Godzilla.jpg

And of course the Classic 1954 look.

Godzilla-19541.jpg

I thought they made him too cute and cuddly from 1966 to 1975. Godzilla should look mean.

Holy shit, we're talking about toys now? Godzilla ruled a lot of my toy obssesions as a kid. In the early 90s I loved the classic toys. I had some cool figures and a huge Space Godzilla figure. In 97 and 98 I had all the American Godzilla toys too, loved them (even though the movie sucked)

I also loved the Hanna Barbera cartoon when they showed reruns on cartoon network and there was a cartoon for the 98 version I watched, too.

I also loved Star Wars and Jurassic Park toys... FUCK I MISS BEING A KID

I liked the American Godzilla film for a long time. Over the years I realized I should stop calling it Godzilla.

I would like to watch all the Toho films, unedited and not dubbed. I think the ones most butchered was the first Godzilla, Godzilla Raids Again (The fact it was released in the US as Gigantis the Fire Monster would be enough said) and The Return of Godzilla or Godzilla 1985.

I've read Toho decided not to release any more Godzillas after Godzilla Vs. Biolante because Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah depicted American soldiers being slaughtered by a Godzillasaurus. So throughout that time we relied on importants and bootlegs. My uncle managed to get me a copy of Godzilla Vs. King Ghidorah, though missing like 20 minutes. Finally TriStar released all the films on VHS and they should all be on DVD by now.

I liked the American Godzilla film for a long time. Over the years I realized I should stop calling it Godzilla.

I would like to watch all the Toho films, unedited and not dubbed. I think the ones most butchered was the first Godzilla, Godzilla Raids Again (The fact it was released in the US as Gigantis the Fire Monster would be enough said) and The Return of Godzilla or Godzilla 1985.

I've read Toho decided not to release any more Godzillas after Godzilla Vs. Biolante because Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah depicted American soldiers being slaughtered by a Godzillasaurus. So throughout that time we relied on importants and bootlegs. My uncle managed to get me a copy of Godzilla Vs. King Ghidorah, though missing like 20 minutes. Finally TriStar released all the films on VHS and they should all be on DVD by now.

Ya most of the Toho films are available on dvd, but not all of them. Godzilla 1985 and (maybe) Godzilla vs Biolante are not available on dvd as of yet. All of the Heisei series that was not released in America IS now available on dvd suprisingly enough, but the two that WERE released here are not yet on dvd. I might be wrong about Godzilla vs Biolante, but I know for a fact you can not get Godzilla 1985 on dvd. When Godzilla 1985 was released in the US, the rights to the film were given to an American film company (new horizion, I think), well they still own the rights to that film. I think they went bankrupt or a larger company bought them out, so the rights to that film are in movie purgatory, it maybe a LONG time befroe that film gets a dvd release. Which is Amazing and unfortunate, considering many fans such as myself, that was my introduction to Godzilla as a kid, and to this day is one of my favorites of the franchise.

I was so pissed off when I found this information out. A couple of years ago I was on a crusade to get the entire Heisei series on dvd, so I did some research. I ended up buying Godzilla 1985, Biolante, and King Ghidorah on vhs, then transferring them to dvd. So I made bootleg dvd's of some of them, but I didn't care I just wanted digital copies of the films. With the release of this new Godzilla, perhaps 1985 will finally get it's day in the sun, but don't count on it. Like I said even if Toho wanted to release it, they can't, well not unless they buy the distrubution rights back.

According to Wikipedia Godzilla vs Biollante was released on DVD and Blu-Ray in December 2012, and Godzilla 1985 is available on DVD in some European countries such as Sweden, France, Spain, and the Japanese version has English subtitles: http://www.monsterislandtoys.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=46&sort=20a&page=4 .

Godzilla vs. Biolante has been distributed in the US through HBO. Not only it is on DVD it is also on Blu Ray.

Godzilla 1985 is not available on DVD but you can get the original Japanese version for a price under The Return of Godzila.

Only a handful of Godzilla films are on Blu Ray. The Hesei Series are all available on DVD and I believe they feature the original Japanese language.

Edited by Georgy Zhukov