Ghost

axlslash

On 4/20/2018 at 10:36 PM, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

I'm new to Ghost. Walking Papers played a gig with them a few years ago. They both opened for Alice In Chains.

Their song Square Hammer was used as a theme for an NXT TakeOver event over a year ago. I love that song.

Rat's is growing on me.

Were you also at the Ally Pally show?

I just remembered this the other day.

When I was at a Texas Frightmare Convention back in 2015, Ghost was playing that night at the House of blues.

It was a special convention as all the actors from the terminator movies were there.

Ghost was scheduled to appear too.

Anyway, Cory Taylor from Slipknot was there because he was in the new movie Fear Clinic. We all went to the special panel with him and the director and since Robert Englund couldn't make it, he did a special message to us fans. It was pretty cool.

Anyway, since the terminator panel ran long and the director from Fear Clinic couldn't get the preview to work, we were late getting back to the convention.

I remember saying I wonder when Ghost would appear. A girl in front of me said the band came in with people around them in full costume and went directly to Linda Hamilton's table. Papa went over the took a picture with her. Damn we were so close to meeting Papa back then. I figure now the Ghouls have been replaced a few times, but damn it would have been so cool to see them walking around and possibly getting to get a picture or at least yell hey we love you! lol

Anyway, a missed chance, but it was worth meeting Cory Taylor. What a cool guy he was! He was so nice to my daughter too.

19 hours ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

Nah, I haven't seen Ghost or Alice In Chains live before. I saw Walking Papers in Manchester back in 2012. I met Duff for the second time.

Oh fair, the show I’m referring to was AIC headlining with WP and Ghost opening - awesome!

Ghost live is an amazing show.

Papa or Cardinal is funny. He talks in a funny accent and I really don't think he talks that way. He sounds like Count Dracula from the old movies. Anyway, his singing voice live is so sweet and amazing. Whoever the Ghouls are since they change each year, are so talented live too.

Like I said, Ghost has a huge following here in Dallas, so I'm hoping once the cd is released, Dallas will be on the schedule the second time around. I really want to see them again. It's such a great show.

Okay, because Ghost has a new singer called Cardinal Copia, youtube.com has two videos showing Papa being introduced to him. It's really funny.

check them out.

It said "to be continued" and I've heard Papa will now have something new to do, while Cardinal Copia takes over as singer for Ghost.

I just love how their imaginations go wild and you know it's a well thought out plan.

Also my brother is in NYC right now. He heard that Ghost will do an unplugged and interview tomorrow in a hotel in NYC. He was so pissed because he's coming home tonight. If he would have known before his trip he definitely would have gone to see them. Damn!

Oh well, this means Ghost is now officially in the US and their tour begins on May 3.

Okay, that was weird! Thanks for posting it!

So all the Papas are dead? Damn.

taking selfies with all the dead Papas, yeah, somehow I doubt that! lol

The whole death song was creepy. I honestly try not to think about dying, so that song freaked me out.

anyway, I just love the whole storyline with Cardinal taking over and introducing him to Ghost and the world. Very inventive.

17 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

I'm in for the Brooklyn show. 

So cool!

I know there will eventually be a Dallas date. I'm sure Ghost will do another US tour with more cities. It seems this tour doesn't have many huge cities listed yet.

It seems that Ghost tours a lot. Are these guys ever home for long? lol

Lucky for us fans they tour a lot and write their new albums in a short time span and then tour some more. I think it's a good strategy since it helps more fans to discover them.

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 12:56 PM, Silent Jay said:

DcD0CbVU0AAQNCn.jpg

Okay where did you find this date and are there more? Thanks. I checked their official site, but didn't see this tour listed only the Rats tour.

I hope Dallas is listed on this tour.

18 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

I'm in for the Brooklyn show. 

I'm sure my uncle on Long Island will be at this show too. He also loves Ghost. Damn would be cool to visit and see the show with him. We would always go to concerts together when we all lived in NYC. I miss those days.

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 1:25 AM, st0n3r said:

That new song in the little film sounds sweet! 

Can't get Rats out of my head either. :-)

I know me either. The Rats song is finally on On Demand under Music Choice. it took them long enough to air it. Everytime I see it I laugh. Cardinal Copia is such a good dancer. lol

I hope if/when I get to see Ghost again, Copia is doing that dancing on stage. That is going to be a hoot!

Second show

Setlist :

Spoiler

Set I

1. Ashes/Rats
  2. Absolution
  3. Ritual
  4. Con Clavi Con Dio
  5. Per Aspera ad Inferi
  6. Devil Church/Cirice
  7. Stand by Him
  8. Miasma (WP)
  9. Jigolo Har Megiddo
  10. Pro Memoria (WP)
  11. Deus in Absentia

Set II

1. Masked Ball/Spirit
  2. From the Pinnacle to the Pit
  3. Faith
  4. Year Zero
  5. Spöksonat/He Is
  6. Prime Mover
  7. Mummy Dust
  8. If You Have Ghosts
  9. Dance Macabre
  10. Square Hammer

VzaWmmeg_DYdlgW45tjzu0FWq2vcQaLB3UsxiuuzOW8.jpg?w=576&s=cb4cf00f981c6b601bc00a03dfade7ed

bUExObuV-w1XoObwrxVlO_sWeTyxJZbdJSnxwwBh

Edited by Silent Jay
  • Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 11:15 PM, Powerage5 said:

Forgot tickets for Brooklyn went on sale this morning, I was feeling a bit under the weather. GA is sold out already :( 

You have to get tickets. This band is awesome live! also since there's no Dallas date, you have to let us know how the concert is! I want to know if Cardinal will dance during "rats". My God I hope so!

6 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

Second show

Setlist :

Reveal hidden contents

Set I

1. Ashes/Rats
  2. Absolution
  3. Ritual
  4. Con Clavi Con Dio
  5. Per Aspera ad Inferi
  6. Devil Church/Cirice
  7. Stand by Him
  8. Miasma (WP)
  9. Jigolo Har Megiddo
  10. Pro Memoria (WP)
  11. Deus in Absentia

Set II

1. Masked Ball/Spirit
  2. From the Pinnacle to the Pit
  3. Faith
  4. Year Zero
  5. Spöksonat/He Is
  6. Prime Mover
  7. Mummy Dust
  8. If You Have Ghosts
  9. Dance Macabre
  10. Square Hammer

VzaWmmeg_DYdlgW45tjzu0FWq2vcQaLB3UsxiuuzOW8.jpg?w=576&s=cb4cf00f981c6b601bc00a03dfade7ed

bUExObuV-w1XoObwrxVlO_sWeTyxJZbdJSnxwwBh

Damn this show looks awesome! Cardinal sounds amazing. Seems he's changed his voice a bit. Liked the Dance Macabe song. Love the red Cardinal costume.

Does he dance during rats?

I really hope Ghost comes back to Dallas. They have a huge fan base here and I would hate to miss this "rats" tour.

2 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Damn this show looks awesome! Cardinal sounds amazing. Seems he's changed his voice a bit. Liked the Dance Macabe song. Love the red Cardinal costume.

Does he dance during rats?

I really hope Ghost comes back to Dallas. They have a huge fan base here and I would hate to miss this "rats" tour.

5 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

You have to get tickets. This band is awesome live! also since there's no Dallas date, you have to let us know how the concert is! I want to know if Cardinal will dance during "rats". My God I hope so!

I know, I've seen Ghost over 25 times. But I won't do that one if I can't get GA, and I'm not paying almost $200 on StubHub for Ghost, so... :shrugs:

1 hour ago, Black Sabbath said:

Same thing happened to me :(

I feel your pain :( 

Saw the concert footage on youtube.com Looks like Ghost is putting on one amazing show. Sad the Cardinal isn't dancing. lol

Anyway, I'm sure one day Ghost will come back to Dallas. Until then I'm looking forward to the new cd. the songs I've heard sound very cool. I don't want to listen to too many new songs. I want to be surprised when I listen to the new cd.

Since I'm short, I don't like to do the pit or GA. Usually there is someone tall in front of me and I can't see the stage for shit.

I like to get a seat, but usually stand the whole show anyway. Just knowing I have a seat is a comfort to me.

Edited by dontdamnmeuyi2015
more to say
  • Like 1

New album gets a 9/10 in my local rock magazine. Huge and interesting interview with Forge. He seems like a great dude to have a beer with. 

Some little tidbits about the album:

They say it's even more melodic and accesible than Meliora and might launch Ghost in the mainstream completely. 

'Rats' was supposedly written for Meliora. 'Danse macabre' sounds like an 80's AOR song. 'Pro Memoria' would fit on the album 'Go To Hell' from Alice Cooper. 'Witch Image' is a nice straight forward rocker. 'Miasma ' and 'Helvetesfonster' are instrumentals. 'Miasma' has saxophone in it. 'Life eternal' is the ultimate tear jerker funeral song. 

Edited by st0n3r