Ghost

axlslash

Curious to hear what everyone's top 10 Ghost songs are. My girlfriend and I compared our lists the other day, and while we both sort of rank the albums the same, our song picks were radically different from one another. So what would you rank as your top ten?

My list:
1. Square Hammer
2. Dance Macabre
3. Ritual
4. He Is
5. Elizabeth
6. Cirice
7. See The Light
8. Year Zero
9. Rats
10. Absolution

• Like 1

God I love so many Ghost songs.

I will list them but not sure what order. lol

The Square Hammer

year Zero

Into the Light

Rats

Life Eternal

Love the two instrumental songs on the new cd

Zombie Queen

Dance Macarbe

Cirice

Absolution

Mummy Dust

Faith

I actually love all the songs on the new cd as well as Meloria

I did like some of the covers Ghost did too.

On 06/09/2018 at 6:25 PM, Powerage5 said:

Curious to hear what everyone's top 10 Ghost songs are. My girlfriend and I compared our lists the other day, and while we both sort of rank the albums the same, our song picks were radically different from one another. So what would you rank as your top ten?

My list:
1. Square Hammer
2. Dance Macabre
3. Ritual
4. He Is
5. Elizabeth
6. Cirice
7. See The Light
8. Year Zero
9. Rats
10. Absolution

1. Year Zero
  2. He Is
  3. Ritual
  4. Monstrance Clock
  5. Cirice
  6. Rats
  7. Square Hammer
  8. Secular Haze
  9. Death Knell
  10. Prime Mover

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I actually thought the European tour was Ghost headling then I saw that they were opening for Metallica.

Well, I've heard interviews with Tobias and he talked about what Ghost's plans were.

He said they tour for a year or so, then do another album for about 7 or 8 months, and then tour again to promote it.

If Ghost follows that rule, I would think after this US tour and the tour with Metallica, they might start on their new album.

I guess time will tell, but Tobias has a 5 to 10 year plan for Ghost, so that's good news. Seems like Ghost will be around for a good while. If this band continues to do the amazing music they do, that is excellent news for we fans.

My Ghost concert is two weeks from Thursday and I'm so damn excited to see them again.

I know this concert is going to rock!

I'm expecting possibly Papa/Cardinal and the Ghouls to have a new look since this tour is called "A pale tour called Death" and not Rats.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Very cool video. Much better than the original video GHOST did. Anyway, reminded me of the movie Blade with the blood raining down on the people. Well, now we know what those guys with the masks were all about. I had thought it might be the new Ghoul masks, but who knows?

I loved when the girl punched the guy in the eye! lol So that's how Papa got his eye? Yeah, right.

Thanks for posting.

On 9/6/2018 at 12:25 PM, Powerage5 said:

My list:
1. Square Hammer
2. Dance Macabre
3. Ritual
4. He Is
5. Elizabeth
6. Cirice
7. See The Light
8. Year Zero
9. Rats
10. Absolution

1. Life Eternal

2. Faith

3. Square Hammer

4. He Is

5. Rats

6. Witch Image

7. Mummy Dust

8. See The Light

9. Helvetesfönster

10. Cirice

Yeah... I love their last two albums.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Have you ever seen GHOST live? If you have you would realize how talented this band is and what a genius Tobias Forge is too.

I wouldn't want to see them live, just a pop band with a gimmick, honestly if McFly wore make up would that make them a metal band? Ghost aren't heavy, the singers voice is not distinctive but yeah they do have some cool outfits to take everyones attention away from the fact the music isn't any good

3 hours ago, oldnews said:

I wouldn't want to see them live, just a pop band with a gimmick, honestly if McFly wore make up would that make them a metal band? Ghost aren't heavy, the singers voice is not distinctive but yeah they do have some cool outfits to take everyones attention away from the fact the music isn't any good

It's fine if you don't like them, but I'm not sure what being heavy has to do with anything. Nothing wrong with them being poppy either. Forge makes his songs catchy on purpose.

• GNFNR 1

7 hours ago, oldnews said:

I don't think anyone's denying that they benifit from their image/gimmick or the fact that they write pop songs. I don't think anyone consider them to be "heavy" either. That's not the appeal. And as Zeppelin said, it's OK not to like them. But they're a growing band and more and more people enjoy it. It's entertainment and they put on a good show, if it's not your thing, don't bother,  right? 

They're like Kiss or Alice Cooper

Okay, yeah, Ghost has the whole Ghoul and papa thing going on, but musically these guys can play and Tobias can sing.

I think eventually over time, if a band sucks musically, all the gimmicks in the world won't help them.

All I know is everytime Ghost comes to Dallas, Texas, they sell out and people love them.

I think this band has many talents and I love the whole Papa/Nun/cardinal/Ghouls thing going on. It's theatre and it's entertaining.

Alice Cooper said people need to be entertained and he should know! He's one of the best and I think Ghost is too!

3 hours ago, CheapJon said:

I don't think anyone's denying that they benifit from their image/gimmick or the fact that they write pop songs. I don't think anyone consider them to be "heavy" either. That's not the appeal. And as Zeppelin said, it's OK not to like them. But they're a growing band and more and more people enjoy it. It's entertainment and they put on a good show, if it's not your thing, don't bother,  right? 

They're like Kiss or Alice Cooper

I say to each his own. but if you haven't seen them live you really can't call them a gimmick band.

Kiss and Alice Cooper and of course David Bowie always used theatrics in their shows and fans loved it. Still do.

Oh, I don't use gimmick in a negative sense. I think they're funny and if you don't find Ghost fun, I think you sort of miss the point of it all. I've seen them 4 times I think so I think I know the gimmick pretty well. Slash's top hat is also a gimmick and so is Angus Young's schoolboy uniform IMO. 

The Swedish defintion of gimmick: "Gimmick is a special feature of a particular artist or actor. It is often a kind of plush that can be considered a typical for the artist. Usually it is a part of a kind of humor that characterizes a person. It can be a special catch phrase or a physical movement." I guess it's a little bit different in English?

On 10/19/2018 at 3:44 PM, CheapJon said:

Oh, I don't use gimmick in a negative sense. I think they're funny and if you don't find Ghost fun, I think you sort of miss the point of it all. I've seen them 4 times I think so I think I know the gimmick pretty well. Slash's top hat is also a gimmick and so is Angus Young's schoolboy uniform IMO. 

The Swedish defintion of gimmick: "Gimmick is a special feature of a particular artist or actor. It is often a kind of plush that can be considered a typical for the artist. Usually it is a part of a kind of humor that characterizes a person. It can be a special catch phrase or a physical movement." I guess it's a little bit different in English?

No, that's pretty spot on for a definition. But, especially when it comes to music, gimmick sort of carries a negative connotation. When talking about music, to a lot of people "gimmick" is synonymous with "hokey", "goofy", "cheap", "lame", etc.