Ghost

axlslash

lol Riahanna's outfit was put on ghost's instagram. I knew the Cardinal would like it!

Anyone see Ghost yet? Their instagram showed a photo of about 11 Ghouls on stage. Is Ghost having all the Ghouls perform on this tour? I would think they would be switching them out since they don't seem to be on stage all at once. Anyway, cool is the Cardinal is bringing back the Papas and all the Ghouls for this tour and it sucks that they won't be playing Dallas.

Saw the Syracuse show last night. Didn't know the setlist going in, was really cool to see such a long set (Much better than the, what, 14 song headlining shows last year?). Really nice mix, some good odd songs, and loved hearing so many new songs for the first time. Dance Macabre was my favorite of the new songs. Loved Papa's saxophone solo! I like the Cardinal, but still prefer Papa III. 

I liked the idea of a expanded backing band - the third guitar added a lot of versatility, like being able to have an acoustic on He Is for the entire song. That said...how do I say this...delicately? I found the shorter, heavier set Ghuleh rather distracting. Not that I have an issue with female Ghouls, or with her body stature in and of itself, but combined with how sort of...flamboyant her dancing was, I just found it incredibly distracting. She sticks out like a sore thumb, when the beauty of the Nameless Ghouls is they're fairly indistinguishable from one another. 

• Like 1

Dance Macabre is out officially today - struggling to find a Youtube link though i'm afraid.

Thoughts: Pretty cool, definitely think this album is going for a more commercial 'big-hitter' vibe than previous and seems a lot less doomy. That said, i'm sure will definitely grow on me even further. Can't wait to see them at Graspop and Oslo subbing GNR! Will be my 6th and 7th rituals, so cool to see how this band has progressed. Didn't manage to see PE1 but have seen PE2 and then PE3 multiple times.

2 hours ago, CAFC Nick said:

Dance Macabre is out officially today - struggling to find a Youtube link though i'm afraid.

Thoughts: Pretty cool, definitely think this album is going for a more commercial 'big-hitter' vibe than previous and seems a lot less doomy. That said, i'm sure will definitely grow on me even further. Can't wait to see them at Graspop and Oslo subbing GNR! Will be my 6th and 7th rituals, so cool to see how this band has progressed. Didn't manage to see PE1 but have seen PE2 and then PE3 multiple times.

It's on Spotify.

17 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Saw the Syracuse show last night. Didn't know the setlist going in, was really cool to see such a long set (Much better than the, what, 14 song headlining shows last year?). Really nice mix, some good odd songs, and loved hearing so many new songs for the first time. Dance Macabre was my favorite of the new songs. Loved Papa's saxophone solo! I like the Cardinal, but still prefer Papa III. 

I liked the idea of a expanded backing band - the third guitar added a lot of versatility, like being able to have an acoustic on He Is for the entire song. That said...how do I say this...delicately? I found the shorter, heavier set Ghuleh rather distracting. Not that I have an issue with female Ghouls, or with her body stature in and of itself, but combined with how sort of...flamboyant her dancing was, I just found it incredibly distracting. She sticks out like a sore thumb, when the beauty of the Nameless Ghouls is they're fairly indistinguishable from one another. 

Yeah, I saw the set list and saw how long it was.

I'm so jealous that Ghost is not playing a show in Dallas. I really want to see this tour so badly.

The times I've seen Ghost they are just so amazing live. Whoever those Ghouls are behind those masks they are just wonderful musicians and Papa/Cardinal's voice is just amazing and sweet.

19 hours ago, Axeli said:

Somehow I like their style...too bad they come from Sweden  :P

Oh, why would you say that? I know Tobias is from Sweden, but some of the interviews I've heard the Ghouls do, they don't speak with any accent. His musicians might be American or from other countries. I mean we don't know anything about the Ghouls and that's sad because all the musicians Ghost has had and has now are amazing.

I was thinking over the lyrics to Dance Marabre and since the full moon is mentioned, maybe she's a werewolf! lol Just a thought. Anyway, the song is very catchy.

Okay, just heard an interview posted on blabbermouth.net with Tobias aka Cardinal and the man has no accent at all when he is speaking throughout the video.

I always suspected that his accent was put on because it sounds like Bela Lugosi playing Dracula. He actually has a very nice sounding voice.

anyway, it was a radio interview and they talked about his idea for the Rats video. It's 17 minutes long and I don't have time right now, but I will listen to it later on.

Anyway, so is Ghost really from Sweden or not?

6 hours ago, Stress Fracture said:

New song sounds like 80s era Scorpions, musically and lyrically. I don’t know if that’s good or bad but it’s catchy.

Either way, society’s obsession with 80s nostalgia has now lasted longer than the 80s did.

Okay, you know I'm a huge fan of the Scorpions and my dad is too and I thought the new Ghost stuff sounded like an early Klaus too. I thought I was just imagining it, but thanks for confirming you feel the same way.

I think this new Ghost sound is awesome. Tobias has the most amazing voice and it's something how he can change his voice up. I love it!

Come to Dallas dammit. I'm freaking out not being able to see this latest tour.

Oh in that interview I mentioned Tobias said how he listened to 60's and 70's music, but loved the 80's stuff so I guess it's showing in the new cd. He also talked about how he was raised? I was wondering if he was raised Catholic since he's now a Satanist. I can understand being raised Catholic myself. Too many questions no one would answer.

Anyway, I love how Ghost is changing up both their appearance and their sound. Tobias said how he plans about 3 to 5 years ahead for his new style and persona. He also has final approval of anything Ghost.

Edited by dontdamnmeuyi2015
More info

Lead singer of Ghost, Tobias Forge, said due to the lawsuit with the Ghouls, his identity is now known. He said he's a little bummed about it. Once Papa and now he's know as Cardinal Copia.

I look at Ghost like the Alice Cooper and Marilyn Manson band. On stage that is their rock band identity and off stage they are regular people just like the rest of us.

Knowing who the singer of Ghost is doesn't change my view of the band. They still are amazing live and the singer has one awesome voice. Whoever the Ghouls are they are amazing musicians. On stage live this band is one of the best performing today.

I think it's great that the singer has come up with something new and different in the world of rock today. The band's music speaks for itself, but the whole Papa, Cardinal and Ghouls thing adds to the vibe.

Knowing who he is has nothing to do with the stage performance, because when you see Ghost, you believe he is papa or Cardinal or whoever the hell he wants to be and those musicians are Ghouls! Go with it! It's a wonderful experience to be entertained so well.

Ghost are 100% Swedish in the sense that Tobias Forge is Ghost. Just like Trent Reznor is Nine Inch Nails. All interviews with a "nameless ghoul" were made by Tobias Forge in ghoul clothing. On stage he plays a charachter, hence the accent. The new album isn't even out yet, no need to worry about not seeing them this time around. They have a tour called " A pale tour called death" between November-December this year, only known shows is Brooklyn and LA, they might fit in a Dallas show just for you ddmuyi2015 ;) 

It's a shame you don't know Swedish 'cause there's a couple very good interviews with the man that you're missing out on. 

7 hours ago, CheapJon said:

Ghost are 100% Swedish in the sense that Tobias Forge is Ghost. Just like Trent Reznor is Nine Inch Nails. All interviews with a "nameless ghoul" were made by Tobias Forge in ghoul clothing. On stage he plays a charachter, hence the accent. The new album isn't even out yet, no need to worry about not seeing them this time around. They have a tour called " A pale tour called death" between November-December this year, only known shows is Brooklyn and LA, they might fit in a Dallas show just for you ddmuyi2015 ;) 

It's a shame you don't know Swedish 'cause there's a couple very good interviews with the man that you're missing out on. 

Yeah, I would love to know a lot of languages.

I love the band HIM and I know Ville did so many interviews in Finnish and it seemed so hard to me. Yeah, I bet because when people speak their native tongue it always seems easier for them and they express themselves so well.

I do love how awesome Tobias speaks English. I commend anyone for learning English the way we Americans speak it because each region of the US speaks their own local shit. I know being from Brooklyn originally I say things that unless your from there you are like what the hell are you saying? lol

Maybe they should do future interviews in Swedish but with sub-titles. I love watching foreign films and reading the sub titles. The movie sounds so much better in the original language.

Anyway, yeah, I agree Tobias is Ghost, but like I've said before, those Ghouls are just freakin awesome musicians. He has excellent taste. I'm still holding out for a Dallas date in the near future. Ghost has a huge following here which surprised me at first.

My uncle lives on Long Island, but will probably see the Brooklyn show. he saw them with iron Maiden there, so I'm sure he'll go back. he loves them too.

Edited by dontdamnmeuyi2015
More to say

I watched a video of Ghost on youtube.com from Syracuse NY and it said "introducing the Ghouls". I was excited to hear their names.

Well, that Cardinal Copia is a little sneak. When he introduced them all he did was name their instrument and then say "Ghoul" for each one. lol

I would love to really know their names, but it was funny anyway. I hope they're getting paid enough to remain nameless.

5 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I watched a video of Ghost on youtube.com from Syracuse NY and it said "introducing the Ghouls". I was excited to hear their names.

Well, that Cardinal Copia is a little sneak. When he introduced them all he did was name their instrument and then say "Ghoul" for each one. lol

I would love to really know their names, but it was funny anyway. I hope they're getting paid enough to remain nameless.

They were not before. Now after they sued Papa, Cardinal or whatever he's now they probably are :lol:

"Thank you for purchasing a Prequelle bundle from the Loma Vista EU Store. Your album will be shipping to arrive shortly, but due to unforeseen merch production delays, some merchandise will be shipped separately. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. We appreciate your patience and support. Please be aware you can log in and download an MP3 version of the album on release date"

So much for my pre-order. Lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stress Fracture said:

This is infectious from start to finish. No prisoners taken. An album that knows what it wants to do and it does it fearlessly. The best album Queen never made.

The best record since CD. Also mixed by Andy Wallace.

It reminds me of a Queen record as well. But in the sense of i can't find any fillers in it, it's enjoyable no matter what track are you listening.

Pro Memoria reminds me a lot of There Was a Time. It's an almost 6 minutes journey.

Miasma is orgasmic. It's music for everything.

Witch Image is very simple and very pop to my ears, but i like it.

Life Eternal , what can i say, i like ballads as much as heavy riffs. This is another great one. I can hear some Roxette in it.

Fucking loved Faith,Rats,Ashes.

See the light - not a big fan, but it's an ok song.

It's a Sin and Avalanche, both great covers. Ghost it's fucking master in making covers.

They don't make records like this anymore. Very very very happy with this one.

• Like 1