Ghost

axlslash

Ticketmaster.com is listing Midland Texas as a Dallas Fort Worth area which is totally stupid. It's a different city that's 5 hours away. What a suck!

Guess Ghost doesn't know the names of Texas cities nor where they are located.

As for the Ghost fan base in Dallas, it's huge and they always sell out when they come here, so it's Ghost's loss not playing here.

If/when Ghost decides to come back to Dallas, I will see if I care by then.

For all of you fans that will see them, you're in for a special night.

Also every band you can think of will be in Dallas this summer. I have tons of concerts to have fun and enjoy!

Ghost's cd came in at Number 3, this means you play as many major cities in the US because your fans put you there and many cities don't play them on the radio at all. Dallas doesn't and that's probably one of the  reasons why Ghost wont play a concert here.

Edited by dontdamnmeuyi2015
more

5 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Ticketmaster.com is listing Midland Texas as a Dallas Fort Worth area which is totally stupid. It's a different city that's 5 hours away. What a suck!

Guess Ghost doesn't know the names of Texas cities nor where they are located.

As for the Ghost fan base in Dallas, it's huge and they always sell out when they come here, so it's Ghost's loss not playing here.

If/when Ghost decides to come back to Dallas, I will see if I care by then.

For all of you fans that will see them, you're in for a special night.

Also every band you can think of will be in Dallas this summer. I have tons of concerts to have fun and enjoy!

Ghost's cd came in at Number 3, this means you play as many major cities in the US because your fans put you there and many cities don't play them on the radio at all. Dallas doesn't and that's probably one of the  reasons why Ghost wont play a concert here.

That's on Ticketmaster, not Ghost. 

Look, here's some numbers for you; Ghost has played Dallas or Fort Worth at least once every year since 2012, one year twice. That is market saturation, and market saturation is a very real problem for touring bands. Bands cannot play everywhere, every year - it simply isn't possible. They need to hit other markets to keep other fans engaged, and they need to hit new markets to pick up on fans that may have never seen them before. You mention how it's ridiculous that they're playing Austin, but Austin is still a viable market that they've played several times - the last gig there will have been over two and a half years earlier when this winter tour happens. Or how about Tulsa? It will have been over two years since their last visit there. Or if you want an example from the US tour that just finished - I saw the Syracuse show, which is the first time they've ever played Syracuse. It's important to hit all markets on a rotation, not just the same 30-40 every time you tour. 

And radio airplay really doesn't factor into tour planning anymore in this day and age, because an overwhelming majority of people aren't discovering new music on radio, especially not in the rock/metal world. I mean, Ghost has played here in Rochester twice I believe, plus the Syracuse show last month which is a bit over an hour away - I've never once heard a Ghost song on radio. Radio airplay is completely and totally irrelevant in 2018. 

There's a lot more to the music business than "I look around at the shows and see a great crowd, so they must be able to sell out every time they're here". It could be promoters, it could be cuts that the venues want to take, it could be market saturation as I stated previously. It's not nearly as black and white as you're making it out to be. 

Too much noise lately about Ghost,they called them pop metal,soft metal,industrial rock etc,i personally don't get why they get so much attention.And all this with masks and stuff is too way old,they've done it others before with way more success.

Edited by Majestic Beast

10 minutes ago, Majestic Beast said:

Too much noise lately about Ghost,they called them pop metal,soft metal,industrial rock etc,i personally don't get why they get so much attention.And all this with masks and stuff is too way old,they've done it others before with way more success.

They're like Gwar but not funny 

48 minutes ago, Majestic Beast said:

There's a lot off fuzz yeah, but they deserve it. While the theatrical side is way too used before, the music is very good, all the styles they have presented so far. Forge is a hell of a songwriter and it seems a helll of a guitar player as well. I can't get enough of catchy heavy riffs. And they are something to see live.

I like Ghost for the same reason i hate Slipknot.

• GNFNR 1

Well, let's face it you have to get the attention of music people, but the bottom line is the music.

Ghost's music is amazing. Love the lyrics and the music is just so pretty.

I love all the theatrics Ghost does. I love when a band puts on a good beautiful show as well as do great music.

For some bands, the playing just works for others you need something to get people's attention and keep it while you hear how amazing a band is.

Like I said, love the whole stage show, but Tobias' voice is what sold me on Ghost. And like I've said before, whoever the Ghouls have been or are now, are just as amazing musicians as Tobias is.

This is a good solid band. If you get a chance to see them live, you will be amazed and have a blast!

20 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

That's on Ticketmaster, not Ghost. 

Look, here's some numbers for you; Ghost has played Dallas or Fort Worth at least once every year since 2012, one year twice. That is market saturation, and market saturation is a very real problem for touring bands. Bands cannot play everywhere, every year - it simply isn't possible. They need to hit other markets to keep other fans engaged, and they need to hit new markets to pick up on fans that may have never seen them before. You mention how it's ridiculous that they're playing Austin, but Austin is still a viable market that they've played several times - the last gig there will have been over two and a half years earlier when this winter tour happens. Or how about Tulsa? It will have been over two years since their last visit there. Or if you want an example from the US tour that just finished - I saw the Syracuse show, which is the first time they've ever played Syracuse. It's important to hit all markets on a rotation, not just the same 30-40 every time you tour. 

And radio airplay really doesn't factor into tour planning anymore in this day and age, because an overwhelming majority of people aren't discovering new music on radio, especially not in the rock/metal world. I mean, Ghost has played here in Rochester twice I believe, plus the Syracuse show last month which is a bit over an hour away - I've never once heard a Ghost song on radio. Radio airplay is completely and totally irrelevant in 2018. 

There's a lot more to the music business than "I look around at the shows and see a great crowd, so they must be able to sell out every time they're here". It could be promoters, it could be cuts that the venues want to take, it could be market saturation as I stated previously. It's not nearly as black and white as you're making it out to be. 

Well, either way, I'm still disappointed not to see this concert. I love the new cd and from the footage I've seen on youtube.com this show is amazing. If I could travel to another city, I would, but I can't so sorry for all the bitching I'm doing. I just hope eventually Ghost will come back to Dallas.

I know how many times Ghost has played Dallas, because I've seen all the shows.

Seeing this band live is one amazing experience. I will miss it very much.

• 1 month later...

OMG! The local rock station in Dallas actually played "Rats".

Then the station announced that Ghost is headlining the "Freaker's Ball" on October 25 in Grand Prairie, Texas. The opening bands I don't like, but I will be going to see Ghost. I only hope they do most of their set list.

So happy Ghost got a Dallas date. GP is only about 40 minutes from me. Very cool.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2018 at 11:22 AM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

OMG! The local rock station in Dallas actually played "Rats".

Then the station announced that Ghost is headlining the "Freaker's Ball" on October 25 in Grand Prairie, Texas. The opening bands I don't like, but I will be going to see Ghost. I only hope they do most of their set list.

So happy Ghost got a Dallas date. GP is only about 40 minutes from me. Very cool.

Our local rock station play a lot of Ghost and GNR. Love them! Would love to see Ghost. You will have a blast! :headbang:

I know saw Ghost about 3 times so far. I don't really like them headlining the Freaker's ball because their set list won't be as long, but at least I will get to see them this tour.

Well our local rock station plays GNR a lot, but playing Ghost is only because they are promoting the Freaker's ball tour. Once Ghost leaves, they won't play them anymore. lol

If you get a chance to see Ghost, take it. They are amazing live.

• Like 1

I gave Ghost a chance a few weeks ago and I'm glad I did. I very wrongly mistook them for a trendy band that we wouldn't hear from after a few years. I listened to all the hits and then I did a full play of Prequelle. It satisfied my craving for new music and it impressed me so much that I'm going to see them in Chicago in November!

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

It's always great to discover new music and new bands. I've seen Ghost 3 times and they rocked every time.

Love the whole theatre feel to their show, but musically they deliver big time.

Not sure what's going on with the sale of the Freaker's ball tickets. Right now the radio station is selling tickets, but they have sucky seats.

If you go through Verizon the tickets are already sold and selling for a very high amount for re-sale. I'm hoping ticketmaster or livenation will have tickets in a month or so. I don't want to end up paying tons more money for shitty seats.

I don't know why selling tickets has gotten so complicated and expensive

got my tickets for the Freaker's ball with Ghost.

I had to order them through AXS.com. I had an account with them, which I had forgotten about. lol

Anyway, would have loved diamond seats but they wanted $125 a ticket. I'm happy with section 105. I got seats close to the middle. Anyway, I will have to sit through about 4 shit bands before Ghost, but I know it'll be so worth seeing them live again.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/2/2018 at 1:12 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Ghost is playing a full concert on October 31 in Milwaukee and dedicated the show to the fan who dead during the last concert.

There's even a very cool poster of Cardinal Copia and the fan standing side by side. it's like a cartoon, but I think this is very cool of GHOST.

They're coming back for ticket holders of the original show only and doing the second set and encore, not doing a full show. The poster is Cardinal and the guy dressed as Michael Myers, and all the money made off that merch goes to the family. It's a very cool thing for them to do, and I cant wait for that finish. It should be an emotional show. That'll make 3 Ghost shows in 4 days for me that week. 

I just don't care for this act. I've really tried to get into them, especially after so very many rock aficionados have hailed them to me as one of the last great bands.

I particularly don't hear the melodic hooks that people keep mentioning. To me, there is a definite goth, 80's influence in the stuff i've heard, but it doesn't touch great or melodic.