Ghost

axlslash

29 minutes ago, Russel Nash said:

it's true that it was during Pro Memoria/Deus in Absentia?

Poor guy.

Yeah, he fell over right at the end of the song which was the last song of the first set before the intermission so the curtains closed and the band had no idea it happened.

Crap so sad. I know Ghost cancelled the rest of the concert.

Yeah, the new cd is awesome. I think Tobias sounds the best ever on this cd. The Ghouls are so damn talented.

Please come to Dallas!  Their concert seems to be bigger and better and I need to see it!

If I had a choice, I would want to die while watching GNR live! But we don't get to choose. Unfortunately, when it's your time it's your time.

7 hours ago, GoBucky said:

Fantastic album...the band just keeps getting better! Oh, I saw a guy die at their show last night. 

OMG! That must have been awful. My mom saw her grandmother die. It's not a pleasant experience to see someone die.

Are you okay? Very sad.

Gave it a listen while driving from Oslo to Trondheim the other day. I really like it, but I think Meliora is still my favorite album. But it’s a really solid album without any real filler, and it’s their most mature album by far. 

Gave the band a few listens last year because I was supposed to see them open for Maiden had to cancel last second so didn’t see them live but they’re new album has been playing non stop since last week .love it 

I totally love "See the Light" Such a beautiful song. So true and Tobias sounds so melancholy singing some parts and then powerful in others. Great song.

The whole new cd is just brilliant.

1 hour ago, gt72 said:

Gave the band a few listens last year because I was supposed to see them open for Maiden had to cancel last second so didn’t see them live but they’re new album has been playing non stop since last week .love it 

If you get another chance to see Ghost live, take it. You will be so happy you did! This band is amazing live and from what I've seen of the new stage show the whole setting looks great too. The Ghouls are such talented musicians and cardinal Copia rocks it every time.

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I totally love "See the Light" Such a beautiful song. So true and Tobias sounds so melancholy singing some parts and then powerful in others. Great song.

The whole new cd is just brilliant.

If you get another chance to see Ghost live, take it. You will be so happy you did! This band is amazing live and from what I've seen of the new stage show the whole setting looks great too. The Ghouls are such talented musicians and cardinal Copia rocks it every time.

They come to town (la) in a few months I may hit up show if I can make it.My buddy who took Maiden ticket off my hand came away very impressed by them live much like you and was not familiar with any of their music 

On 6/1/2018 at 5:46 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Crap so sad. I know Ghost cancelled the rest of the concert.

Yeah, the new cd is awesome. I think Tobias sounds the best ever on this cd. The Ghouls are so damn talented.

Please come to Dallas!  Their concert seems to be bigger and better and I need to see it!

If I had a choice, I would want to die while watching GNR live! But we don't get to choose. Unfortunately, when it's your time it's your time.

OMG! That must have been awful. My mom saw her grandmother die. It's not a pleasant experience to see someone die.

Are you okay? Very sad.

Yeah, I'm all good. It's just certainly something you don't want to do witness, especially at a concert. 

18 hours ago, gt72 said:

They come to town (la) in a few months I may hit up show if I can make it.My buddy who took Maiden ticket off my hand came away very impressed by them live much like you and was not familiar with any of their music 

It's a hell of a show, definitely go if you can! Last week was my 5th time seeing them since they came out and it was on its way to being the best one yet. I was sceptical going in without a Papa being up there, but Tobias is a brilliant frontman, and had the crowd in the palm of his hands!  

22 hours ago, gt72 said:

Yeah, my uncle saw Ghost open for Maiden in Brooklyn and he said that when Ghost came on people were running to their seats. This band is just so amazing live! Loved how Papa talked about how Ghost and Maiden were a good match. also on the live cd, Ghost says how nice Maiden was to them on and off stage. Pretty cool to hear that from such an established band like Iron Maiden.

4 hours ago, GoBucky said:

It's a hell of a show, definitely go if you can! Last week was my 5th time seeing them since they came out and it was on its way to being the best one yet. I was sceptical going in without a Papa being up there, but Tobias is a brilliant frontman, and had the crowd in the palm of his hands!  

Yeah, Tobias is an amazing frontman. He's finally found the formula for this Ghost band to be one of the best rock bands of the decade. In an interview it sounded like he has had many bands, so Ghost was it for him. He always keeps thinking about how to make things fresh and different and I think to date he has done that. The music speaks for itself, but I've always loved a great stage show with awesome compelling characters. Tobias has found it now for sure.

My favorite songs are changing daily. The more I listen to the cd the more I love all the songs on it.

Just heard rock feed on youtube. com and Tobias Forge is married with two kids.

He credits his wife for telling him to quit his job and focus on Ghost. Wow! That is freaking amazing. He said his kids were a little scared of his costumes at first. lol Cool.

anyway, the whole Ghost cd is both amazing and different while still keeping the Ghost sound we all know and love.

Coming in at No. 3 is rock band Ghost with its highest-charting album, and third top 10, Prequelle. The set launches with 66,000 units, of which 61,000 were in traditional album sales — the act’s best sales week ever. (The album’s first week benefits from a concert ticket/album sale redemption offer in association with the band’s spring U.S. theater tour, as well as a pair of arena dates later this year.)

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8460189/kanye-west-eighth-no-1-album-billboard-200-ye?utm_source=twitter&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

• Prequelle: #3 - 66,000 copies first week
  • Popestar EP: #16 - 21,000 copies first week
  • Meliora: #8 - 29,000 copies first week
  • If You Have Ghost EP: #87 - 5,000 copies first week
  • Infestissumam: #28 - 14,000 copies first week

Worldwide Sales :

• Meliora: 433,000
  • Infestissumam: 210,000
  • Opus Eponymous: 92,000
Edited by Silent Jay
  • GNFNR 1

23 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8460189/kanye-west-eighth-no-1-album-billboard-200-ye?utm_source=twitter&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

• Prequelle: #3 - 66,000 copies first week
  • Popestar EP: #16 - 21,000 copies first week
  • Meliora: #8 - 29,000 copies first week
  • If You Have Ghost EP: #87 - 5,000 copies first week
  • Infestissumam: #28 - 14,000 copies first week

Worldwide Sales :

• Meliora: 433,000
  • Infestissumam: 210,000
  • Opus Eponymous: 92,000

Wow Number 3! Yes. And Ghost gets no air play at all on the rock station here in Dallas.

Ghost is moving up and more and more people will take notice now. This cd is awesome! Love listening to it everyday!

55 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Okay I just checked blabbermouth.net and saw nothing. I also checked the Ghost official website and nothing.

Are you sure you saw this?

Thanks.

Yeah it’s on page 2 now not great or even good at posting links but it’s there 

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 4:05 PM, gt72 said:

Yeah it’s on page 2 now not great or even good at posting links but it’s there 

Thanks saw the dates and still no Dallas date. Still pissed over this, but what can you do?

I'm sure eventually Ghost will play Dallas. Dallas has many venues that Ghost can perform. I just hope whatever date they want to play Dallas something is available. I know there are concerts in Austin, Midland and Oklahoma, but I don't travel out of my area. lol

If the Austin date was on a weekend, I could have driven there, but since it's a Tuesday, it's a no go.

I'm sure these shows will be on youtube too.

Edited by dontdamnmeuyi2015
more

On 6/11/2018 at 4:24 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

WTF? Still no Dallas date? I can't believe it? Midland, Texas, seriously?

Well, that does it for me. Ghost is on my shit list. I really wanted to see them especially since the new cd is so good.

If Austin was on a weekend, I would have gone, but Tuesday, people have to work.

oh well, whatever.

I mean, bands can’t hit every market every time. Toronto is my closest MAJOR concert market and that gets skipped over sometimes even, and that’s in the top 5 biggest cities between the US and Canada. Hell, I’ve seen yours that don’t even hit NY. 

Markets can get oversaturated. Even if YOU would go see them every time doesn’t mean everyone would. In all likelihood, greater than 75% of the audience is content seeing them once, or at best every few years. 

20 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

I mean, bands can’t hit every market every time. Toronto is my closest MAJOR concert market and that gets skipped over sometimes even, and that’s in the top 5 biggest cities between the US and Canada. Hell, I’ve seen yours that don’t even hit NY. 

Markets can get oversaturated. Even if YOU would go see them every time doesn’t mean everyone would. In all likelihood, greater than 75% of the audience is content seeing them once, or at best every few years. 

True, but Dallas is a major city in Texas. Austin is a college town, so I get that, but not playing Dallas. Every band comes to Dallas.

No one plays El Paso. Ghost better be careful there. It's a border town and sometimes things get crazy down there. OH well, I hope eventually Ghost will play Dallas. Just hope I'm still interested in seeing them by then. lol