What are your favorite movies of 2013 so far?

Randy Lahey

Look at the highest grossing movies of 2013. 2013 is the year movies died hard.

But still

Spring Breakers

Disconnect

The Iceman

The Great Gatsby

Before Midnight

Only God Forgives

The East

The Purge

Bling Ring

The Heat

White House Down

Killing Season

Stand Up Guys

Sound City

Jobs

Place Beyond the Pines

2 Guns

GI Joe Retaliation

I think all I've seen this year is World War Z, The World's End, and Machete Kills. Loved all 3, but none are "movie of the year" quality.

Still looking forward to The Counselor, Ender's Game, and The Hobbit. I can already say with 100% certainty The Hobbit will be my favorite film of the year.

I haven't watched that many movies this year, and most of what came out over the summer looked terrible.

On a sidenote, what's with your love for Spring Breakers Randy? I'd seen you going on about it (Wasted too) and then someone told me the only way to enjoy the movie was to make it a drinking game. Drink every time there's a montage, every time that one chick "shoots" at something, and any time there's tits. Sounds like fun until you realize that literally the entire fucking movie is montages.

I think all I've seen this year is World War Z, The World's End, and Machete Kills. Loved all 3, but none are "movie of the year" quality.

Still looking forward to The Counselor, Ender's Game, and The Hobbit. I can already say with 100% certainty The Hobbit will be my favorite film of the year.

Yeah World's End was good. Machete Kills looked fun, classic Trejo, didn't see it though. I'm with you on The Hobbit.

Yeah World's End was good. Machete Kills looked fun, classic Trejo, didn't see it though. I'm with you on The Hobbit.

Did you see the first Machete film? If you liked that, odds are you'll enjoy the second one. Very over the top, makes the first one look tame. And the trailer for Machete Kills Again...In Space is classic :lol:

At this point -

Pain and Gain

Gravity

Blackfish

Prisoners

Before Midnight

The Bling Ring

Blue Jasmine

Behind the Candelabra

Mud*

Frances Ha*

er...Stoker?

*Both 2012 films, but they were released this year and I'm struggling enough with this list as it is.

It has been a pretty awful year, but I have high expectations that 12 Years a Slave, Inside Llewelyn Davis, American Hustle, Her, Blue is the Warmest Color, Dallas Buyers Club and Wolf of Wall Street will at least pick up the slack a bit.

Did you see the first Machete film? If you liked that, odds are you'll enjoy the second one. Very over the top, makes the first one look tame. And the trailer for Machete Kills Again...In Space is classic :lol:

Unfortunately, no. My Trejo catalog includes basically all of the Robert Rodriguez movies, Breaking Bad, The Killing Jar, and I think he was in the Spy Kidz movie. The problem with things like Grindhouse/Machete is that I haven't seen any of them, and I feel like if I watched one I'd have to watch them all, which I definitely do not have the time for.