Slash's Third Album - "World On Fire"

ZoSoRose

So disappointing. Apocalyptic Love was genuinely great. This sounds like Snakepit outtakes.

I think 30 Years to Life sounds like a more refined version of your standard AL song. I think it's great. WOF is pretty good, haven't heard iTunes quality Bent to Fly yet. And Safari Inn seems to do what it's supposed to do, be a cool little instrumental at the tail end of the album. And Snakepit was great, mate.

Even harder to make a judgement on an instrumental snippet, but like what I hear. Sounds like a cool change of pace for record.

Even though we've heard 4 songs, love that there's still 13 we haven't heard. Really psyched to hear a number of these based on the few album reviews and other descriptions. :thumbsup:

Well, this album's getting the best reviews of all Slash solo albums so far if I'm remember correctly. The songs we've heard by now aren't that bad but haven't this wow effect either.

But there are still 13 songs to check out and I don't like most of Slashs singles, so I'm still thinking there will be the one or the other killer track on the album!

Bent to Fly is really cool

Edited by Free Bird

So disappointing. Apocalyptic Love was genuinely great. This sounds like Snakepit outtakes.

I think 30 Years to Life sounds like a more refined version of your standard AL song. I think it's great. WOF is pretty good, haven't heard iTunes quality Bent to Fly yet. And Safari Inn seems to do what it's supposed to do, be a cool little instrumental at the tail end of the album. And Snakepit was great, mate.

I dunno. Everything I've heard so far just hasn't done anything for me at all, save for the decent title track. People rave about Bent to Fly but I'd take almost any AL track over it. The instrumental sounds very generic-Slash from the preview. Certainly not Watch This level stuff.

Just noticed they are using Slash and Bent to Fly to promote the NRL footy finals that start in just over a week here in Australia. There is this Youtube clip from the start of a game two weeks ago and I just saw an Advert on TV

Radio station Triple M which is the station playing bent to fly and broadcast games on the radio has stated that it is rumored that Slash may be one of the performers for the Grand Final.

Edited by Guitar Stu
  • Like 1

I'd make a terrible politician. Such a flip flopper.

Just heard the full track and I think its great. Obviously nothing groundbreaking, but a solid instrumental. I'm a big fan of Watch This and Jizz Da Pit, and I said here that the 90 second teaser didn't sound great. Sounded like Slash, but kind of meandering. Now that I've heard the full thing (which, let's be honest, with an instrumental that is 3 and a half minutes long, is how it should be heard anyway) I think its excellent.

I can understand that it sounds repetitive, but to me this sounds like Slash. Thats all I'm looking for. I enjoy his solos live but my biggest complain is that they are too long. Which is why I actually usually enjoy his solos on his studio albums, because they are refined and usually exactly the type of length I want to hear them for.

I think OmarBradley nailed it yesterday. Its a cool little instrumental piece to put at the tail end of the album. Does its job and sounds like it'll fit in perfect. Also cool to have a studio instrumental particularly with the lineup of Slash/Kerns/Fitz.

I'd make a terrible politician. Such a flip flopper.

Just heard the full track and I think its great. Obviously nothing groundbreaking, but a solid instrumental. I'm a big fan of Watch This and Jizz Da Pit, and I said here that the 90 second teaser didn't sound great. Sounded like Slash, but kind of meandering. Now that I've heard the full thing (which, let's be honest, with an instrumental that is 3 and a half minutes long, is how it should be heard anyway) I think its excellent.

I can understand that it sounds repetitive, but to me this sounds like Slash. Thats all I'm looking for. I enjoy his solos live but my biggest complain is that they are too long. Which is why I actually usually enjoy his solos on his studio albums, because they are refined and usually exactly the type of length I want to hear them for.

I think OmarBradley nailed it yesterday. Its a cool little instrumental piece to put at the tail end of the album. Does its job and sounds like it'll fit in perfect. Also cool to have a studio instrumental particularly with the lineup of Slash/Kerns/Fitz.

but does it have grease?

• Like 1

What does Slash think he is doing? I mean Guns N' Roses in 1987 were not even this cheesy. Even Back Off Bitch was not this cheesy. He walks off at the end of the video with that gothic girl with small breasts and you are simply left wondering, what the hell is this shit? It is Dokkon or Faster Pussycat standards of dairy, that is what it is.

What does Slash think he is doing? I mean Guns N' Roses in 1987 were not even this cheesy. Even Back Off Bitch was not this cheesy. He walks off at the end of the video with that gothic girl with small breasts and you are simply left wondering, what the hell is this shit? It is Dokkon or Faster Pussycat standards of dairy, that is what it is.

I 100% agree, that video is horrendous. IMO, the worst thing Slash has ever done. It's like he (they? don't know who came up with all the video ideas) took every rock n' roll stereotype and threw it in for no reasons.... and his acting was laughable (the only good part of the it tbh). Regardless of who directed/produced/wrote, Slash's name is on it, he's okayed it, and he's in it.