Slash's Third Album - "World On Fire"

ZoSoRose

I was talking to Elvis today and asked him what he thinks Slash's favorite is this was his response.

He never said:) he always said he loved them all. I think for a writer it's like asking what kids your favorite. I think he loves Avalon a lot though.?

Edited by Gibbo 27
  • Like 1

I was saying how most people on the forum are loving the album Elvis reply.

That's so rad:) tell em all thanks!! We worked really hard to make the record deep and not just cheap bullshit

Edited by Gibbo 27
  • Like 1

If Slash picks it, it will be the wrong choice. I say go for the best damn song on the album no matter what it is... He can't save his "big guns" needs to pick it now and let that push the album.

Would be Ballsy, but Beneath the Savage Sun would be killer, if for no reason to say, "he bitches, I can still own the guitar"...

• Like 1

Since Slash really blew the single for Anastasia and didn't promote it and chose bad singles, what should he select from WOF as his first real single?? And have a kick ass music video.. Wicked Stone?!!?!?!?!

My guess, for what its worth, is Wicked Stone is the only thing that'd get any traction.

Maybe 30 YTL or Wicked Delialah. It's gotta have a memorable riff.

The problem is that the best song of the album, either by band's opinion or fans' opinion, never really means that track is going to do well in as a single. Alter Bridge picked Cry of Achilles, the majority pick by fans, reviewers, maybe band as the best song of the album, as their 2nd single and it only peaked around #25-20 in the active rock chart, which is pretty depressing, since that song represented the best showcase of the band. Then again, the fact that it was a 6:30 song probably had to do with it not being a huge success as a single.

Hopefully, Slash can pick the right track and push it hard to get radio play and, maybe, it could do well. The title track is currently at #8 is only 500 plays behind #1 in active rock. Anything could happen.

Edited by Anguyen92

I was talking to Elvis today and asked him what he thinks Slash's favorite is this was his response.

He never said:) he always said he loved them all. I think for a writer it's like asking what kids your favorite. I think he loves Avalon a lot though.

No he said in Interviews: The Unholy is very special, probably his favorite on the album. He said he can't wait to play "Wicked Stone" live. About lyrics, he loves "Battleground". ;)

• Like 1

Just gave it my first listen.

Not sure what I think. There is alot of variety packed into this album. This is a much more inspired effort than AL was.

Myles sounds great, and there are some killer melodies across the album.

As a band they seem to have found some semblance of a sound. Slash sounds like Slash, but this doesn't have a dated sound at all.

There is no "Anastasia", but as a whole it's a stronger effort across the album. It isn't generic, and it's going to take a while to digest. On a first listen that is a win in my book.

• Like 2

Funny to see this generic word continually pop up. Here's the rub, if Slash released a more classic rock sounding album it would be considered dated. He modernises his sound and all of a sudden it's generic. To me, generic is Nicole back and all these other bland rock bands with no teeth. Maybe even AL to some degree (given the number of formulaic 3.5 minute rocks songs that feature throughout). But this album is a step above. Kudos to the producer

*Nickleback

Big kudos to Myles.

This is the 4th full album of new material he has released since 2010 (not including Slash's solo songs) and he sounds great.

When you consider most of his writing is happening on the road while touring with the 2 bands it is all the more impressive that he hasn't run into a case of writers block.

People bag on the guy on this board, but my hats off because he's pretty much the hardest working guy in rock right now as he's constantly on tour and is pumping out new full albums yearly.

It's not like he's in his 20's either with boundless energy, the guy is going to be 45 in 2 months.

Not sure where all this is going in the future, but he's had a great little run these past 4 years.

• Like 2

Just listened to the full album stream for the first time.

I get Myles has a good rock voice, but something about it really grates me. So much so it stopped me giving the last album any real time. However, i'm really enjoying this record. Its melodic, has some great guitar work and the vocals are abit more varied. Certainly less of the notes that bother me when I listen to Myles. It feels like there are a higher number of really good songs. Apocalyptic Love had a couple of gems but this, at least for me, is a far better collection.

I'm going to have to try and get tickets to their London show later in the year. Really strong work.

Edited by prettytiedup88
  • Like 1

Slash cannot choose singles to save his life. Both Wicked Stone and The Dissident have much more, single potential, that the four singles which were released. 'World on Fire' in fact was a fairly awful 'first single'.

Yep I rate World On fire about the same as You're A Lie 7.5