Slash's Third Album - "World On Fire"

ZoSoRose

I'd be interested to hear how this album compares to the last Alterbridge release.... Better or worse?

I'm very bias when it comes to Alter Bridge, and, in essence, World On Fire is not better than Fortress. That said, it's still really good and I can't really compare it to an AB album or anything else or else it kills any potential enjoyment I may have. I fell into that trap during AL.

With 17 seconds part of me wishes there should have been a slower epic song. Something like Gotten or messages and to a lesser extent Fall to Peices. Something slower, serious with standout guitar solos.

If I had to pick 3 songs I'd like to hear live it would be

30 Years to Life

Wicked Stone

Withered Delilah

I think if I heard Bent To Fly live I'd think it would be Anastasia due to the similar intro's.

Edited by Axl_morris

The album delivers on everything Todd promised.

To me, this is very much like a debut album. I've been on the fence with Myles(and therefore, the Conspirators), liking him but feeling his voice extremely hit or miss on Slash material and better suited for AB. But thoroughly impressed hearing this and would be hard pressed to think of a better singer for Slash going forward. The guy clearly has the chops and this material , a result of the entire band's growth, is a big evolution from AL. Has completely changed my thoughts on the longevity of the band.

Myles shares Slash's work ethic which is a huge plus and ensures us of a new record every 2-3 yrs. My only nitpick left with Myles is there are some really strong tracks that would be absolute monsters with a slightly better chorus(Withered Delilah, for example). But as said, that's a nitpick. Elvis may be the key to getting the best of Myles(and Slash?), so hoping he stays on as producer for at least the next record.

Edited by Turn_It_Up
  • Like 1

Wicked Stone FTW.

Just pumped it up loud. Wow. Needs to be played at every gig. Last 2 mins just pure rock.

Wicked Stone is the best tune from this album. (for me) Nothing quite as good as Anastasia or By The Sword, but as a whole, it is a very varied album. It offers great riffs, badass solos, and more interesting song structures. Something that was lacking in previous Slash led albums. I like it. I like it a lot.

Slash recently did a phone interview with a local radio station I'm winnipeg here. Couple weeks ago. Hinted at coming here in the spring. I'm half way through the album, I can't fucking wait till he comes through town again. This is a very solid album. Very impressed.