Slash's Third Album - "World On Fire"

ZoSoRose

I still find Bent to Fly one of the best of the album. Myles voice is perfect in that song.

Bent to fly is very strong. Love Slashs guitar. The solo isn't anything special but his guitar work overall is awesome. And like you say, Myles voice is great but as well are his melodys. It fits the song perfectly. The beginning of the song is pure magic

Edited by Free Bird

Question to the guitar players. How is Slashs guitar playing on this album from a technical point of view. He never was the best guitar player technically wise. Is it typically Slash, or has it grown? Is it good or mediocre

Clearly technically very high level. Very "in your face" solos.He is getting better and better now.

I just miss some ballads with epic solos.

To me that's his best work since "Ain't Life Grand". :headbang:

• Like 1

Question to the guitar players. How is Slashs guitar playing on this album from a technical point of view. He never was the best guitar player technically wise. Is it typically Slash, or has it grown? Is it good or mediocre

He's on fire. Better then ever I would say. (technically speaking)

Edited by Rovim

Clearly technically very high level. Very "in your face" solos.He is getting better and better now.

I just miss some ballads with epic solos.

To me that's his best work since "Ain't Life Grand". :headbang:

He's on fire. Better then ever I would say. (technically speaking)

Yeah, the guitar playing on this album is absolutely killer. The riffs and solos are so strong

Okay, thanks guys. Actually that was what I thought but can't play guitar, so...

Worst song on the album? For me it's Battleground as it is just too different for me. I understand why others like it though.

fn' Safari Inn since the beginning! :lol:

I really like Safari Inn. I guess I'm just a sucker for those Slash tunes where he showcases his abilities. It's pretty generic, not really a song, and not anything special, but it's got that Watch This vibe about it which I enjoy.

Also: I like how damn long this album is. Most people can at least like a few songs and there are quite a few styles Slash plays with here, so that helps too I guess.

Edited by Rovim

Worst song on the album? For me it's Battleground as it is just too different for me. I understand why others like it though.

fn' Safari Inn since the beginning! :lol:

I really like Safari Inn. I guess I'm just a sucker for those Slash tunes where he showcases his abilities. It's pretty generic, not really a song, and not anything special, but it's got that Watch This vibe about it which I enjoy.

Also: I like how damn long this album is. Most people can at least like a few songs and there are quite a few styles Slash plays with here, so that helps too I guess.

Agree 100%

Safari Inn is like the extension of Watch This' middle part. Simple Rock music with great leads all over it.

As well I can't see any negativity in the albums length. There is just more variety to it and chances to get more good songs are bigger. You can skip songs you dislike

I absolutely love safari inn! It's the sort of thing I want to hear on every Slash album. If they ever do a music video for Savage sun or Unholy, I really hope it portrays the strong message they are getting at in the song. If they ever do a music video for Dirty girl, I hope it's funny as fuck.

The lads over at Alter bridge nation seem to be loving the album too. Happy days =]

Edited by skik08

IMO its one of the few long albums these days that doesn't seem to have a negative to it. I'm the biggest advocate for shorter albums, but I guess I almost feel like I don't want Slash to keep anything in the vault. At some point, I always seem to come around to it and as much as its long (and its loooong), I don't know what you'd cut. It kind of feels like everything is supposed to be there. Maybe because its cause the songs sound different, or I just really like this band, but at no point so far have I thought "you know, I wish this was just a 10 or 12 song album", and thats very odd for me. It just feels like a great album to dig through. Almost like an Illusions thing, where you just want to keep going back and finding more stuff.

I'm really really impressed by this effort. Heard the whole album up through Battleground last night around 1 AM and I'm hard pressed for any song that ISN'T growing on me a lot that I didn't already like immediately.