Slash's Third Album - "World On Fire"

ZoSoRose

Slash needs to stay far away from the single selection committee...

I know right? The guy doesn't seem to be able to pick a single to save his life!

My word for today is "Battleground"...TUNE!!!

I asked Elvis if slash thinks World On fire is the best song from the album, this is his reply.

No I think it's just cause world in fire had an easy energy that was accessible right away . We all knew it wasn't the best song:) it was just fun

Edited by Gibbo 27
  • Like 1

I know right? The guy doesn't seem to be able to pick a single to save his life!

I asked Elvis if slash thinks World On fire is the best song from the album, this is his reply.

No I think it's just cause world in fire had an easy energy that was accessible right away . We all knew it wasn't the best song:) it was just fun

I get what's he's saying, BUT....WOF the weakest track on entire record. Yes, Dirty Girl growing on me, starting to really dig it for what it is. :lol:

Myles superb throughout the album. Slash can do no better, but he's gotta keep Elvis as part of package...

I get what's he's saying, BUT....WOF the weakest track on entire record. Yes, Dirty Girl growing on me, starting to really dig it for what it is. :lol:

Myles superb throughout the album. Slash can do no better, but he's gotta keep Elvis as part of package...

Slash said Elvis was on his ass pushing him to improve his solos and for that, Slash wanted to kill him. I hope Elvis produces the next album too, only this time, he'll be even meaner. Make Slash contemplate suicide. That shit works. Make him hate life. Just get ur dun. Whatever it takes.

• Like 1

I really wish Slash would get rid of Myles. Seriously he's the weak link big time.

If not Myles, who then? Who would you want Slash to be working with? It is a genuine question because if you ask me, I have no fuckin' idea.

M. Shadow

Don't.

I think the limits of his range would get exposed pretty damn quickly.

• Like 2

i don't want to turn this thread into a Axl vs Slash thing but in this video you can see Slash's reaction to the situation when Duff played with Guns lately + the story about Paul Stanley ;)

On another note here is a quick plan:
- Sept 12th last Let Rock Rule show in Sydney, Canada
- Sept 15th : private show in NYC (Sirius XM)
- Sept 19th: Slash & Myles playing unplugged for the Grand Opening of the Halloween Horror Clow Maze at Universal Studio, Hollywood
- Sept 23th: Conspirators gig at the Troubadour
- Sept 24th: Conspirators gig at The Roxy (this one will be filmed for AUDIENCE TV, it will be brocated November 9th)
- Sept 26th: Conspirators gig at the Whisky
Then promo trip to Australia.
There will be more stuff coming... ;)

• Like 1

Awesome how much stuff we have and are getting spoiled with. All the headlining shows between the Aerosmith shows, during and after that tour, the documentary, the Roxy gig that will be filmed. An embarrassment of riches really.

Also, just took a drive to run some errands and heard a great 10 song version of the new album, made up of the tracks I hadn't heard 20 times before the record came out. A great listen, and still wasn't long enough which is why I still argue this its perfect he released all 17 of these tracks. Still surprises me how easy a listen this album is despite being so long.

Slash treats his fans like guns fans wish they were treated

I really wish Slash would get rid of Myles. Seriously he's the weak link big time.

If not Myles, who then? Who would you want Slash to be working with? It is a genuine question because if you ask me, I have no fuckin' idea.
M. Shadow

Don't.

IMO,the only other singer out there capable of handling all slash's back catalog would be Andrew Stockdale maybe.

Slash treats his fans like guns fans wish they were treated

M. Shadow

Don't.

IMO,the only other singer out there capable of handling all slash's back catalog would be Andrew Stockdale maybe.

What about Cornell? unavailable, but totally capable imo.

• Like 1

I don't think Cornell would be interested nor really jive with sunset strip rock/metal.

He's a master of sludge, downtempo stuff and ballads... even Audioslave was a stretch. He's not a good frontman either without a guitar.

Does anyone else think Myles should be rhythm guitar full on and sing when they do live shows ? Not just that but get him turned up in the mix (Slash you're still the main attraction). It would make his whole persona seem less forced. I know it might be tough but it'd be sick to see him and Slash trading riffs and solos like he does with Mark Tremonti. I think it'd project a more confident and badass air to the whole enterprise. These are serious musicians, man! Maybe it's just me. Slash is way more interesting when he's playing off another guitar IMO.

Edited by Ant

I don't think Cornell would be interested nor really jive with sunset strip rock/metal.

He's a master of sludge, downtempo stuff and ballads... even Audioslave was a stretch. He's not a good frontman either without a guitar.

Does anyone else think Myles should be rhythm guitar full on and sing when they do live shows ? Not just that but get him turned up in the mix (Slash you're still the main attraction). It would make his whole persona seem less forced. I know it might be tough but it'd be sick to see him and Slash trading riffs and solos like he does with Mark Tremonti. I think it'd project a more confident and badass air to the whole enterprise. These are serious musicians, man! Maybe it's just me. Slash is way more interesting when he's playing off another guitar IMO.

I wouldn't be so quick to rule it out. Cornell can do a lot. I don't think Slash is limited to only mainly doing "sunset strip rock/metal". I think they have enough musical common ground to create something cool together. I actually think it will be a much better match then Audioslave was. (not that good)

"Promise" was nice, but Chris can also do bluesy shit, metal, hard rock. Slash's comfort zone. Slash also mentioned how friendly they became when recording "Promise". Very important for Slash as we know. Why not? Even as a side project. Something like Temple Of The Dog. Not stylistically similar, but just a one off type of album with Slash and Chris just writing the songs. They can use Brent and Todd. Could be cool.

Not trying to take anything away from Myles, and I'm sure he's not going anywhere anytime soon. But Cornell is on another level imo.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1