Star Wars-The Force Awakens Thread (Contains Spoilers)

Georgy Zhukov

All ewoks probably died anyway soon after ROTJ, because the gravity of their planet must have pulled the remains of the Death Star to it. Those pieces turned to flaming fiery meteors of death upon entering the Endor atmosphere, and set the forests on fire. So yeah, the teddy bears died horribly.

Rumor: Episode VII Chrome Trooper Revealed

wpid-received_m_mid_1411580290416_f63506

Fans of the original trilogy trooper design will be glad to see that this helmet appears to retain the classic proportions. It’s wide, where the new white troopers have a surprisingly narrow face when seen from the front (in line with Ralph McQuarrie’s design sketches for ANH). The chrome trooper also includes the classic stormtrooper frown instead of a floating nose plate.

The chrome troopers do not actually wear a hood or covering in the film. The metal collar stands up from the torso armor and curves up on the sides before dipping down again at the back.

All ewoks probably died anyway soon after ROTJ, because the gravity of their planet must have pulled the remains of the Death Star to it. Those pieces turned to flaming fiery meteors of death upon entering the Endor atmosphere, and set the forests on fire. So yeah, the teddy bears died horribly.

Very, Clerks.

wpid-received_m_mid_1411595747093_51d076

- the sequence was set on a planet like ‘a cross between Hoth and Endor’ – tall trees capped with snow and snow covered ground.

- the Millennium Falcon was parked on a cliff above the wooded area, with a Jedi and Sith (both male) battling uphill towards the Falcon. The scene was oddly lit, possibly suggestive of the Falcon being on fire.

- a further scene, set in a clearing on this same planet, showed an older male Jedi and male Sith – his head bare and lower face covered by a half mask ‘reminiscent of CA’s Winter Soldier’ – squaring off before a duel. The poster said the scene had a ‘Samurai movie feel’, and was under the impression that the male Jedi was Luke.

- the poster seemed to think that SW7 will be massively scaled down, with limited Jedi and Sith (two or three) and little to no sign of the massed battles of the PT.

- finally, the poster described a female Jedi exiting a crashed X-wing like craft, lightsaber drawn and ready to fight. Not sure if this was on the same planet.

wpid-chrome_trooper_ir21.jpg

SpanishLeak1.jpg

SpanishLeak2.jpg

SpanishLeak3.jpg

black-x-wing-on-set.jpg

Another rumor says the shoot at Puzzlewood involved "thousands" of extras for a major battle sequence. I guess we will see!

That one piece of concept art excited me and worries me the most. I am almost certain that is Luke, and it looks like a very tense and emotional scene. I am excited he gets to duel, but worried he may not walk away from it :nervous:

Edited by ZoSoRose

wpid-received_m_mid_1411595747093_51d076

- the sequence was set on a planet like ‘a cross between Hoth and Endor’ – tall trees capped with snow and snow covered ground.

- the Millennium Falcon was parked on a cliff above the wooded area, with a Jedi and Sith (both male) battling uphill towards the Falcon. The scene was oddly lit, possibly suggestive of the Falcon being on fire.

- a further scene, set in a clearing on this same planet, showed an older male Jedi and male Sith – his head bare and lower face covered by a half mask ‘reminiscent of CA’s Winter Soldier’ – squaring off before a duel. The poster said the scene had a ‘Samurai movie feel’, and was under the impression that the male Jedi was Luke.

- the poster seemed to think that SW7 will be massively scaled down, with limited Jedi and Sith (two or three) and little to no sign of the massed battles of the PT.

- finally, the poster described a female Jedi exiting a crashed X-wing like craft, lightsaber drawn and ready to fight. Not sure if this was on the same planet.

wpid-chrome_trooper_ir21.jpg

SpanishLeak1.jpg

SpanishLeak2.jpg

SpanishLeak3.jpg

black-x-wing-on-set.jpg

Well if this was the prequels, Lucas would have merely digitaled all of that crap in, so this is good news.

• Like 1

I agree with some of the posters, Episode 1 is the real problem with the prequels. Even though it is the better film than Episode 2, it is essentially all back story. None of it is needed for the overall story. Everything that happened in Episode 1 could be dialogue in Episode 2, to help move that film along. I also agree with Darth Maul, he should have been the main antagonist of the series, that was a major mistake.

Episode 1 should have condenced the best parts of the real Episode's 1 and 2.

Episode 2 should have been the real Episode 3

Episode 3 should have been Obi Wan trying to turn Vader back to the light/ Vader's destruction of the jedi's. This was a major point in the overall stroy that felt rushed in Sith. It is also my biggest complaint with Episode 3, because it could have been an entrie film. If Darth Maul had lived, it could of had a baddie vs baddie final show down. Now that would have been truly epic.

• Like 2

"That's not true....THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!"

I simply don't buy into it. Might be true, but there's so much smoke and mirrors in play here that something that extreme could just be misdirection. It would certainly be the biggest twist since Empire, but uh, it might destroy JJ's credibility and really make those prequels look not-so-sacrilegious.

Edited by appetite4illusions

I liked Dooku/Tyranus a lot but I'm a fan of Christopher Lee so I might be biased.

The fight where he was slain in Episode III was one of the best sabre fights in all the prequels, I thought- the Darth Maul duels were fine but I'm not a fan of the ridiculous ones like Anakin vs Obi Wan.

I've probably mentioned it before in this thread but I think less is definitely more when it comes to sabre duels- I realise the prequels were the heyday of Jedi etc but it was too much.

I'd also add that shoehorning Vader's glove or what have you into the story sounds fucking gay, any EU stuff I read was just garbage where the baddie was the umpteenth undiscovered Sith apprentice or some other crap like that.

Let Vader be dead and gone, I'd actually be OK if there were no force/sabre using baddies in these new movies at all.

Will Boba Fett be in these?

big (possible) spoilers revealed today. not gonna post them here, but they're out there.

"That's not true....THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!"

I simply don't buy into it. Might be true, but there's so much smoke and mirrors in play here that something that extreme could just be misdirection. It would certainly be the biggest twist since Empire, but uh, it might destroy JJ's credibility and really make those prequels look not-so-sacrilegious.

If we start getting major spoilers, can we put specific discussion on them in spoiler tags? I don't want to speak for anyone else, but if major plot points leak, I'd rather not read about them.