Star Wars-The Force Awakens Thread (Contains Spoilers)

Georgy Zhukov

I like this new title. It sounds fresh to me and definitely ties in with the Luke rumors.

Also idk if any of you guys have heard but they're ditching Episode VII from the promotional title. In all of the marketing (trailers, posters, merchandise) it's just going to be called Star Wars: The Force Awakens but the words Episode VII will still be in the opening crawl.

This is basically what they did with the original trilogy. Personally, I think it makes sense. This film should stand on it's own as the start of something new. Plus I like the sound of Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Nice and simple.

Edited by rocknroll41

I like this new title. It sounds fresh to me and definitely ties in with the Luke rumors.

Also idk if any of you guys have heard but they're ditching Episode VII from the promotional title. In all of the marketing (trailers, posters, merchandise) it's just going to be called Star Wars: The Force Awakens but the words Episode VII will still be in the opening crawl.

This is basically what they did with the original trilogy. Personally, I think it makes sense. This film should stand on it's own as the start of something new. Plus I like the sound of Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Nice and simple.

What the fuck? Where did you hear that? Its still Episode VII, why wouldn't they call it that? Idk how I feel about it...

Awaken can also mean change or transformation from one state to another. Implying that the force was sleeping is taking things a bit too literally.

Take a look at Return of the Jedi - Luke is the only Jedi left. Sure there are force sensitive people too, like Leia.

There is a 30 year time difference between then and The Force Awakens. We don't know what has happened in between that period but one thing is for certain - Luke has not spent that time re-establishing the Jedi order.

The Jedi at the start of A Force Awakens are largely confined to the annals of history. In the Star Wars universe only Luke remains as a Jedi and he has largely kept it that way.

Between A New Hope and The Force Awakens you have had only Yoda, Obi Wan, Luke, Vader and the Emperor as the keepers of that "Ancient Religion."

By the time of The Force Awakens, if you can believe the rumours, people don't even know what a lightsaber is....

and then something extraordinary happens...a search takes place for Luke, some of the younger characters are force sensitive...the cycle begins once more.

People start using the Force again

• Like 1

Awaken can also mean change or transformation from one state to another. Implying that the force was sleeping is taking things a bit too literally.

Take a look at Return of the Jedi - Luke is the only Jedi left. Sure there are force sensitive people too, like Leia.

There is a 30 year time difference between then and The Force Awakens. We don't know what has happened in between that period but one thing is for certain - Luke has not spent that time re-establishing the Jedi order.

The Jedi at the start of A Force Awakens are largely confined to the annals of history. In the Star Wars universe only Luke remains as a Jedi and he has largely kept it that way.

Between A New Hope and The Force Awakens you have had only Yoda, Obi Wan, Luke, Vader and the Emperor as the keepers of that "Ancient Religion."

By the time of The Force Awakens, if you can believe the rumours, people don't even know what a lightsaber is....

and then something extraordinary happens...a search takes place for Luke, some of the younger characters are force sensitive...the cycle begins once more.

So, he didn't go and establish an academy on Yavin 4? I predict a lot of very angry fanboys.

So, he didn't go and establish an academy on Yavin 4? I predict a lot of very angry fanboys.

Nope. And thank god too. How terribly boring and predictable that would have been.

If you want to know the rumours about what actually happens then click the following link. Potentially major spoilers though.

http://www.starwars7news.com/2014/11/3-similar-rumors-from-3-separate-sources-about-lukes-role-in-star-wars-the-force-awakens.html

And now we know who is Kevin Smith

What the fuck? Where did you hear that? Its still Episode VII, why wouldn't they call it that? Idk how I feel about it...

Lucasfilm confirmed it to TheForce.net

I can't wait, it sounds like its going to be freaking EPIC. Between SW and the MCU, I'm so excited about movies right now. Now all I need is the Similiarion getting the green light and a GB3 that Bill Murray agrees to do that isn't a bunch of girl ghostbusters, then I could die a happy nerd. :)

I can't wait, it sounds like its going to be freaking EPIC. Between SW and the MCU, I'm so excited about movies right now. Now all I need is the Similiarion getting the green light and a GB3 that Bill Murray agrees to do that isn't a bunch of girl ghostbusters, then I could die a happy nerd. :)

The Silmarillion will never happen. Besides the fact that it wouldn't even really make a coherent film, Christopher Tolkien won't give up the rights to it.

The Silmarillion will never happen. Besides the fact that it wouldn't even really make a coherent film, Christopher Tolkien won't give up the rights to it.

You are not wrong, Christopher Tolken does seem pretty absolute in his stance. But I guess my thing is never say never. The public out cry for it is going to be pretty strong after The Hobbit movies are a thing of the past. Yes the stories of it are all over the place, but they could take some of them and make films out of them, its not impossible. Maybe the entire Similiarion won't see the light of day, but plenty of stories from it could be used, it would make an excellent prequel of a prequel, lol.

I know Tolken's estate (Christopher in particular) are trying to maintain the "integrity" of his father's work by not letting them make more films. But my opinion is films reach SO much of a wider audience than books do. So why would you not want them to hbe enjoyed by as many people as possible? At the end of the day they are still Tolken's stories, even after Jackson or whomever else makes changes to them. Peter Jackson isn't taking credit for Tolken's work, they are still credited to him, I guess I don't see what the big deal is. My final point is BS talks and money walks, ten years from now some movie studio is going to offer a SHIT ton of money to get those film rights, and honestly I don't see Tolken's estate turning down all those zeros. They would be foolish to do so. Hell look at Star Wars, ten years ago we didn't think we would getting ready for a new trilogy, but yet here we are. The Similarion will happen eventually, I bet, or at least I hope. :)

I heard a rumour that Adam Driver is the "grave robber" but that he is not the head villain so to speak, he is like Vader to the Emperor.

As for the main villain - there is talk of it being a "shapeshifting" entity possibly voiced by an uncredited Benedict Cumberbatch. Now this entity takes different forms throughout the movie but is very much in the background. The role will expand greatly in the next two films.

I am wondering if Andy Serkis is doing the motion capture for this entity? Certainly a possibility. And Cumberbatch does incredible voice work.

In fact, Cumberbatch was interviewed on Graham Norton alongside Harrison Ford and asked if he was in Episode 7. He looked at Ford (then unconfirmed as returning but everyone knew he was) and said - "I think it is safe to say you are anyway."

Apparently after the show, someone in the audience asked Cumberbatch if he was in Star Wars and he replied - "If I told you I'd have to force choke you."

These rumors are horrible and they change every week.

One minute cyborg, one minute normal, one minute evil, one minute good.

I was worried about the "Luke being evil rumors" that would have ruined the entire franchise imo. So I'm glad to hear thats not the case. But the new rumors about Luke being the most powerful jedi ever sound awesome. He is a hermit trying to not make the same mistakes as his father, that sounds like an awesome start. Anthony Daniels (C3PO) has said this is the best SW film yet, even better than Empire. I guess time will tell, but thats a pretty high accolaide.

As far as the main villian goes, I think its going to be Darth Plagus that Palpatine talked about in "Sith." He could bring back the dead and what not, that would mean he found a way to ressurect himself. Plus that would give Luke a formidable opponent, since he is all powerful now.

Edited by Mike420